Old 02-22-2010, 10:38 AM   #1  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Default LAWL Friends & Losers Feb 22-28

Wow, you know something is wrong when I am starting the thread!
I just wanted to check in and say good morning.
Leaving for Vegas in a few days. My best friend is getting married. Its going to be fun!
I am feeling great! I am eating healthy and getting my exericse in. Yeah for me!
Have a great week everyone!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:37 AM   #2  
Arkantana

S/C/G: 169/151.6/130

Height: 5'7

Joan- Vegas sounds like a blast. I'm glad you challeged us to the exercise. I missed a Friday and Monday but made myself make up the time. I had really started to slip on the exercise before that. Feeling much better and the jeans are getting loose!!

Hope everyone has a great start to their week.

Jennifer
Arkantana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:54 AM   #3  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Hey Joan i soooo envy you...it is snowing here in S'toon today and Vegas sure sounds like a dream ... Hope you have a blast!

Nothing much from my side, had a relaxed weekend...day-1 of TO today.

happy Monday all!
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:26 PM   #4  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Hey all-you know I've been struggling when I don't pop in here and post!

I decided to give up alcohol for Lent-mostly because it's the main thing that has been hindering my diet. A couple glasses of wine and then I'm all about snacking! I also committed to being POP with the EODD and am doing well-losing 6 lbs from last wed to Saturday when I weighed in for a total loss now of 20lbs.

I'm learning to enjoy cups of tea as my "kid is in bed and now it's time for LOST/GA/Bones on Hulu" relaxing drink of choice. So far, so good!

Anybody else exhausted from trying to stay up and watch the Olympics? I finally went to bed really early last nite (9pm) and feel so much better today!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:37 PM   #5  
Joan

Juliemarie- I have had one drink in the past few weeks and I think that has made a huge difference for me. I have been drinking my water with a slice of lemon which is delicious!
At night when I get my sweet tooth, I make a tea or a calorie wise International coffee and it seems to help me thru.
I am hoping to be 160 by the end of March and every little thing we do counts.
Vegas will be hard for me but I know I will drink my water during the day. Its more the night time drinks I am worried about.....
I think I am okay food wise. I am so positive right now about my health changes. The way I am starting to look at food is very different. Lately I havent been interested in junk food at all which is amazing!!! Lets hope I can keep this up!

Joan
Old 02-22-2010, 01:18 PM   #6  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hello all super busy, but thought i'd take a second and stop by and wish everyone a good week!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 01:55 PM   #7  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

surprisingly too few faces...where is everybody?
Btw...if anyone observing lent , what r u giving up? I decided to give up make-up

Last edited by mj2007; 02-22-2010 at 01:56 PM.
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:47 PM   #8  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

I'm going to be good and check in this week. I'm going to be good and check in this week.

Okay, starting POP again as of today. Had some major dental issues the last 2 weeks, so a cracked tooth, a massive filling, and a root canal meant way too many carbs.

But I've given up alcohol for lent. I think that's the issue with gaining some ounces back. My regular cocktails.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:04 AM   #9  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Hi all -

JM - YES! I am exhausted from watching the Olympics. Then I don't go to bed when it's over because I watch the late news. Eh, I can catch up on my sleep next week when there is NOTHING on TV.

Still haven't taken any pictures, sorry - I will soon, though.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:20 AM   #10  
love it or lose it

S/C/G: 210/209/150

Hey everybody.. I have been slacking on my posting. Went on an anniversary trip and pretty much just let myself go. TRYING to get back OP. I lost weight.. gained a few.. lost some more and now I am sure I have gained a few again.

Feels like I'm stuck on a seesaw
shortandfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:58 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Kelli, I think we have unrealistic expectations of ourselves, that we are going to lose and never gain again ever. That just is not realistic. There are always going to be things that blip up our weight a bit, and it is what we do after that happens that counts.

JM, I have not only given up alcohol but gambling too for Lent. Which I had gotten into the habit of playing a few dollars every time we went somewhere with a slot machine, which turns out is a lot of places really. I think this is the 3rd or 4th time I've given up alcohol for Lent, and this year I swear I'm not going to consume a whole bottle of wine on Holy Thursday and suffer through Good friday hung over.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:09 PM   #12  
Joan

Barbara- I cant give up alcohol yet. I am leaving for Vegas tomorrow. Best friends wedding...I think I will be having fun.
On a good note, I change my profile this morning. I am at 167..yippee!!
Old 02-23-2010, 01:31 PM   #13  
DCB
Dee, LAWL

S/C/G: 193/185/140

Height: 5'3'

Post New and Glad I Found You!

Hi There!
I am so excited to have found this forum!!! I am no stranger to LAWL, I was a member in 2005 and lost 30lbs. Since then I have gained the weight back ++ some. At the bginning of the year I decided to go back to LAWL only to my disappointment they closed the GA center. I found LA to Your Door and was able to get a start up kit and a few products to get me started. I completely, forgot how $$$ the products are. Thanks to you all sharing substitutions for some of the LAWL products, now I dont have to face the shipping wait times, I can just pick up items at my grocery. Just one less excuse to fall off the wagon.
Since January 28th, I am down 6lbs and thats with a few bad days here and there, seems pretty steady. However, I only lost two pounds with the jump start phase; Disappointing but not Discouraging!
I totally look forward to making friends and building a support network with you all. I really, really want to stay on the straight and narrow.
TTYS
DCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:39 PM   #14  
love it or lose it

S/C/G: 210/209/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraB View Post
Kelli, I think we have unrealistic expectations of ourselves, that we are going to lose and never gain again ever. That just is not realistic. There are always going to be things that blip up our weight a bit, and it is what we do after that happens that counts.
You are so right! And I am guilty of harming myself, more than helping. I will screw up on one meal, which leads to the whole day, which then leads to the whole week. I do the "well I already messed up once, what the point for today.. " and so on.

Need to get my arse in gear!!!! Can I say arse?

Welcome DCB! I was in the same boat as you. Got up one day and decided to go back to my center. Guess what? It was closed! I was so mad.. they didn't even send a letter, call.. anything! And they owed me bars! Good thing I found out where one of the ladies went and she sent me the rest of my stuff.

This is a great place to be. Need a good swift kick in the pants.. come here!
shortandfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:52 PM   #15  
Let's try this again . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraB View Post

JM, I have not only given up alcohol but gambling too for Lent. Which I had gotten into the habit of playing a few dollars every time we went somewhere with a slot machine, which turns out is a lot of places really. I think this is the 3rd or 4th time I've given up alcohol for Lent, and this year I swear I'm not going to consume a whole bottle of wine on Holy Thursday and suffer through Good friday hung over.
Ha! I've never heard of breaking the "fast" on Holy Thursday-I've always held out til Easter Sunday. I remember in high school staying up til midnite and then eating chocolate! And some people I know counted the days and decided that Sundays don't count-so they eat choc, drink, whatever on Sundays. To each their own-but it doesn't seem much of a sacrifice if you only have to go a week at a time . . .
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote