Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 02-15-2010, 03:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 138/138/110

Height: 5"7

Default What's the best weight loss pill?

I've tried hydroxycut, Xenadrine, hoodia and mega-T. So far I think hydroxcut has worked the best however Im thinking about trying Alli. Any suggestions?
nosushiforyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 03:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I think if there was a diet pill that worked great, more people would take it, it would be on the cover of every news magazine, Oprah would have a show on it and there would be a lot fewer overweight people.

And I have to say, as a 5'7" small boned person myself - 110 as a goal weight, really? I'm a pretty slender 130.

Last edited by Glory87; 02-15-2010 at 03:32 PM.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 04:10 PM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

The thing is none of them really work unless you believe they work. They are all remixes of the same ingredients. I've read studies that indicate that a placebo diet pill will 'work' 75% of the time if the person has belief in the pill doing something. They will end up altering their diet/exercise habits in such a way that they may lose weight. Unfortunately, many diet pills contain potentially harmful ingredients so it would be better if they just had nothing in them.

Also, your height is listed as 5'7? and you want to weigh 110? I think that seems like an unrealistic and unhealthy goal. You are currently in a healthy weight range, I'd personally recommend that you look at weight training if you are looking to change the shape of your body.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/160/150

Height: 5'10"

I've tried several kinds of pills in my younger days, and none of them are good for healthy, permanent weight loss in my opinion... I would get shaky and sick to my stomach and just not feel right at all...

I finally gave up on finding the 'miracle pill' and committed to a good diet and exercise, and it worked I'm sure there are tons of people on this site who would say you don't need pills to be successful.

And I agree with nelie, it seems like maybe you don't need to lose more weight, just tone up? That might be the change your looking for...

One more thing, I'd do some research if you do decide to try alli. I've heard awful things about side effects. Google "leakage"

Monkey
monkeylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 06:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Diet pills in general do not work. The only place you lose weight is in your wallet. I have heard with Alli you run the risk of having soiled underwear. There is nothing like eating less and moving more to lose weight.IMHO , of course. I also think 110 is pretty low for someone of your height. You are actually in a healthy range for your height right now.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 06:34 PM   #6  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

Bargoo said it best, they don't work and give 'false hope.' Also, they can do damage to your kidneys and liver. It's not worth it. Save your money and begin by choosing healthier foods and moving more.
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 05:13 PM   #7  
Cheesecake? Yes plz!

S/C/G: 155/149.8/135

Height: 5'7"

I agree with everyone else on your weight and height... This last summer I reached 130 (and since gained some back) and I thought that I was looking too thin for my body type. I'd reconsider your body type before thinking 110 is a healthy goal for you. Skin and bones and sickly thin is NOT attractive...
LuckyJules is offline   Reply With Quote