General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2001, 12:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I thought I would go ahead and start a new thread.

Thank you cowgirl for the input on your meal plan. I don't work evenings, but I too am thinking of switching to having my main meal for lunch instead of dinner. I agree with you totally about the dinner just "sitting."
I feel so full after dinner all the time, even if I eat smaller portions.

Dawnyal
Old 03-25-2001, 08:35 AM   #2  

Default Thinking of changing...

I think I'm going to change my large meal to my lunch meal. I think can have more efficiency that way. The first week on the plan, I had 2 of my meals at lunchtime and had lost 8 pounds in four days, but gained 2 of them back by weigh-in time.
What I'm going to do (and hope this works, I'm trying it out today) is cook my hubby dinner the night before and take the leftovers to work with me to have for lunch.
I'm going to try it for a week and see if I have any better results.

Dawnyal
P.S. I did have a 2 pound loss for the week
Old 03-25-2001, 02:16 PM   #3  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Default Hi, Everyone!

I'm really excited because I had a great week.

Since everyone is sharing, I though I'd share my daily plans.

I've been having a SF bar in the morning. I've been trying to cut out many sweets, but I get the munchies during the afternoon at work, so I stop and have something. I have a stash in my desk drawer of work of only healthy foods, like a can of carrots, canned fruit, or a serving or pretzels or reduced fat Triscuit. I normally have a couple of snacks during the afternoon and either another SF bar for lunch or I go to McDonalds and have a Garden McSalad shaker with vinaigrette dressing. It's a great filler. Then I would have a good dinner like a veggie burger or chick patty with a veggie and steak fries made in the broiler with ketchup!

Since I've been drinking more water, I've found that I have the munchies less during the day, and that's great.

On the weekends, I like to make a really good dinner with dessert since I work second shift and these are the only times my BF and I can eat together. Tonite I'm broiling Orange Roughy and grilling yellow squash, red potatoes and asparagus on my George Foreman grill!! I can't wait!

Talk to you all soon!

PS- I was thinking...I am mainly using the SF bar as a nutritious filler, but sometimes I don't want something as sweet..some of you have been mentioning different bars that you'll use. Have you tried the Baker's Breakfast Cookies? They are huge and full of fiber. I bought a few yesterday and they are so yummy. The pumpkin flavored one that I had had 3g Fat, around 220cal and 5g fiber, all which are lower than SF bars, so I think I'm going to start subbing them for SF bars when I'm not wanting something so sweet. What I love about the bars is that I have a total chocolate obsession, and this week is the first time in a long time that I haven't had a candy bar! Just the SF bars, and it totally helped!

Anyway, thanks for "listening"!
Old 03-26-2001, 10:55 AM   #4  

I changed my meal to lunch yesterday and I can already tell a difference. I didn't feel so sluggish in the evenings. And I went ahead and stepped on the scale this morning and I was already down .5 pound from my weigh in Sunday morning.
What I have to do is go ahead and cook dinner for my husband and then I fix me a plate of the dinner and take it to work for lunch. (Leftovers never really bothered me much and I'm making sure I pick out meals that re-heat well)

Good luck to everyone on the plan
Dawnyal
Old 03-26-2001, 05:50 PM   #5  
hot mom wanna be!

Default I'm Back!

I have to admit for a week or so while I haven't been posting I was backsliding. I was afraid of getting on the scale Sunday but low and behold I only gained a pound which really could have been worse.
So I am back on the wagon so to speak!
It's great to see all of us posting such great sucess with Slimfast. It seems like most of us just use it as part of a plan that works for us (eating less or counting calories-me) and it works. I too am a chocoholic
and I like the chocolate shakes and the peanut butter chocolate meal on the go bars for snacks at work.
Even though the calories are about the same as a small bag of M&M's I know the SF bars have nutrients
and vitamins and the m&m's don't. And sometimes eating the "bad candy" makes me feel like I've blown
my eating plan but the SF bars don't. go figure!

My personal goal this week is to lose 2 lbs to make it an even 20! :-)

Congrats to all us "LOSERS"!!

Lorelei
(313/295/293 goal for the week!)
Old 03-27-2001, 08:21 AM   #6  

I found a schedule that seems to work well for me, so I'll share it. (I changed it on Sunday morning after my weigh-in and I've already lost 3 more pounds!)

I get up between 6 and 6:15 a.m.
I have a slimfast shake (I use the powder kind, have yet to try the pre-mixed)
I wait around 30 minutes and exercise to taebo.
Around 9 to 10 a.m. I have a piece of fruit for a snack.
Between 11:30 and 1:30 I eat my big meal of the day. (I actually cook my hubby dinner the night before and I take leftovers to work, unless I know I can schedule in a lunch break, then I'll prepare that day)
Between 2 and 3 p.m. I have another snack, usually one if the slimfast snack bars...the chocolate chewy caramel I thought tasted great (I slowly chewed it, eating every last bite.)
Between 5 and 6 p.m. I have a slimfast malt for dinner (the shake with crunched up ice.)
Usually around 7 to 9 p.m. I have my evening snack (carrots, cucumbers, celery--veggies with lots of water content, so they don't settle in my tummy)

In the evenings I've begun riding my bicycle to go to my tanning salon to get added exercise.

Hope this helps some.
Dawnyal
Old 03-27-2001, 09:43 AM   #7  

Default HI

Barbygirl: You sound like you have a good plan..I use the slimfast shake at night also, I eat bf and a good lunch..sf for dinner.....eating lighter at night has always worked best for me to loose...I luv your screen name...
Good luck to everyone....
Old 03-27-2001, 07:21 PM   #8  

Default Anyone joined the slimfast website?

I was just browsing over to the slimfast site and noticed that you can join and have a weight tracker among other things. It recommended I only get down to 263 (291 now).
I was just wondering if any other slimfasters have joined and what is your feedback?
Dawnyal
Old 03-27-2001, 07:24 PM   #9  

Thumbs down Girlie

I just tried the oatmeal spice meal-on-the-go bar and I thought it tasted pretty good. To me it didn't taste as sweet as some of the chocolate flavored ones I've tried so far. I'm continually buying new flavors and finding out which ones I like best. (Good thing Wal-Mart sells them individually ) If I run across any more that aren't as sweet, I'll let you know
Dawnyal
Old 03-27-2001, 07:31 PM   #10  
hot mom wanna be!

Hi Ya'll!
You guys are getting my interest up with the big lunch/lite dinner thing. My only prob is where I work I get EXACTLY 30 minutes only. We get in trouble if we are even a minute or two late (no kidding) so you pretty much have to eat fast if you have to heat stuff up. It could work on my days off though.

I have been to the SF website and registered. They sent me a booklet in the mail with coupons. They also gave me a high goal weight too! I guess they try to get you to aim for a 10% initial goal. I guess it's good to make small goals to not make it seem like a long road. I think WW also says to aim for 10% keep it off for a few weeks and make a new 10 % goal until you reach the final goal. I Like reading the SF sucess stories for motivation. Especially the ones who have lost a lot of weight.

I will weigh in tommorow AM and let you know the results!

Lorelei
Old 03-27-2001, 09:55 PM   #11  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Default Barbygirl

Hey.

I have had most of the flavors. I just had a chocolate chip cookie dough and a fudge brownie one. I liked the CC one a lot!

I really don't use the shakes. I like "chewing", so the bars work out really well for me, and make me thirsty so I drink a lot of water with them..

Off to the gym now!
Old 03-28-2001, 12:03 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 170/154/120

Height: 5'3"

Default SF WEBSITE...

I joined it about a year ago. I just love it. It keeps my weight track record and has lots of info. on it. My goal weight was also high but I just made a new one for myself.

Take care and Hugs...Sherrie
Old 03-28-2001, 01:58 AM   #13  

Default Slim Fast Snack Bars

I don't follow the SF diet, but love their snack bars as a guilt-free replacement for regular chocolate bars. The peanut butter crunch is the best (tastes just like butterfingers).
Old 03-28-2001, 07:32 PM   #14  
hot mom wanna be!

Default Bummer

Weighed in today hoping for some loss and just stayed EXACTLY the same!! I guess I was pushing my luck with the calories. I guess I was trying to see if I could eat 2000-2300 calories a day and lose. Guess what? I can't!! When I was eating 1800-2000 I was but the few extra hundred make a difference between losing and maintaining. Plus I haven't been exercising like I was at first either. Oh well, lesson learned!
good luck to the rest of you all!!

Lorelei
(313/295 (still)/283)= 10% goal
Old 03-28-2001, 07:44 PM   #15  

Lorelei--the good news is that you didn't gain any weight. It's okay to sometimes try something different to see if it works. I don't really count my calories, but i'm guessing I stay between 800 and 1600 calories a day.
Good luck next week at your weigh in.

Dawnyal
Closed Thread