General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-17-2010, 07:30 AM   #1  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

S/C/G: 189/14x/138

Height: 5'3"

Default Fat Smashing Til Goal..The Countdown Begins Now!

...I'm back!! I was here before and was doing great.. Ended up having some knee/hip issues it put things on a temporary hold. I am still having some hip (bursitis) pain but I decided even if I can't do as much exercise as I was doing before, I don't have to be depressed about it. So I am choosing to push on! Luckily I didn't gain a bunch of weight. When I weighed myself a couple of days ago, I was around 152 or so. So back on the saddle. I'm going to start with the Regular Fat Smash, and as my body gets back stronger and my aches and pain go away, I will switch over to Extreme.

So last night I went to the store and bought the things I needed:

Lowfat Fage
apples/oranges/cantaloupe/grapefruit
prepackaged brown rice (call it lazy, but I need easy and quick right now)
boiled eggs (whites)

Will cook my lima beans/black beans tonight. I ran out of time.

It will be hard, but I am going to try not to weigh myself every day. I am so used to REALLY pushing myself in the gym, so I am hoping that I still get good results. I think the regular smash recommends 30 minutes of cardio a day... I will have to check my book. The Extreme version has loads of exercise and that's what I am used to doing.

So, no matter what, I am going to stay on this and stay focused.. instead of looking for plans that are harder and harder (for some reason, I think I like toturing myself).

I actually ENJOYED doing this plan before, but since I started bodybuilding I had to transfer over to a plan that was more suitable for my workouts at that time. But right now, especially since I am on the "injured reserved" this really is the best thing for me... and I feel WONDERFUL while I am on it... Its actually helped me reach the smallest that I have ever been. I basically got down to 141 pounds... Then when I started on a bodybuilding plan to build muscle (and unfortunately you gain a little fat too) and went back 8-10 pounds or so..

Anyhow.. I am going to go with a start weight here of 153. (I gave icecream a last hoorah last night)

So, here goes...

and this time... Until goal baby!

Summer is coming!

I will be posting my menus daily and will also post my weight every couple of days. (I have to weigh to keep up my motivation).

So I am going to come on here as much as possible. I know that there is a general Fat Smashers Support thread, but I like to keep my focus primarily on diet/exercise talk, so its easier to track my progress. - that way its easier for me and you to look at my menus and exercise...

It was inspirational for me to be able to come back here and see how great I did the last time. So....here we go!!

Are YOU ready too?

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 02-17-2010 at 07:32 AM.
DEDIKAYTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:36 AM   #2  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Thumbs up Establishing Goals

1st Short Term Goal: 148

I am not sure what my ultimate goal is. I felt pretty good at 140, but I think somewhere in teh 130's is where I will feel best. Anything under 140 is virgin territory, so I every pound will count and I will see where I feel comfortable.

I think its a good idea to set up 5-7 pound goals, so that you can push just THAT much harder!

So first goal 148. Lets see how fast I can get there!!!
Old 02-17-2010, 10:21 AM   #3  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default Motivational Excerpts

These are some of my old posts from when I first started Fat Smash. I am posting them here for motivation. I already know how great the plan works and I want to remind myself ( and others if you’re reading ) how GREAT I was feeling. I want that feeling again.

Here we go.

… When I was on Regular Fat Smash

"I loss 9 pounds in the 9 days on Phase 1 though. I was PUMPED! I did not cheat AT ALL..but that's just how I am when I am on a mission. I actually stayed with the original fat smash until I got 15 pounds off. I threw in a Phase 2 day here and there ( to add in a lean meat) and that worked great. Now I am doing the Extreme Fat Smash to bring me "home." I am really pleased with my progress. I have been stuck for YEARS between 153-160 range and no matter what I did ( and I DO EXERCISE).... I just couldnt break the 150's. I lost pretty much 40 pounds doing a low carb diet and then just could not get the last bit of weight off. That's when I just decided to take a leap on faith and switch to Fat Smash. I used to be totally afraid of carbs, but now I am fine. I am so glad that I tried this because I have not been in the 140's in years and I'm just so damn happy I could scream!"

… When I was on EXTREME

"I acutally like the idea of having all my foods planned out. I am really aiming to lose 12 pounds during this 3 week cycle...and now that I have bust right past my plateau... I feel like ANYTHING is possible!!"

---

*End of Week 1 and the beginning of week 2
"Well, Cycle 2 begins today. I am pretty much down the 4 pounds that was promised in the book and I am pumped! I have been doing all my workouts, trying to rest as much as possible, and sticking with my 3 hour rule for eating my meals. I will be totally ECSTATIC when I lose the next 4 pounds this week!
Cycle 2!!!!"

---

"When I started Extreme I was 149.7... I told myself that I would be really happy if I got below 145.. 142 would be GREAT... Well, I have until next Tuesday before I finish (today is Thursday)....and guess what??? 142 TODAY, BABY!!! So in the 5 days that I have left, if I break the 130's, I dont know what I will do."

"Did I mention that I was stuck in the 155-165 area for YEARS???? omg. I am just so happy that I found the way to get the last bit of the weight off. I can't express my excitement the way I want.

Finally, I have peace. "

----

"I am currently on the Extreme program too and it is awesome. My body is transforming so fast. Thank God I have taken pictures so that I can truly see my progress.

Stay with the plan! It works!"
Old 02-17-2010, 02:21 PM   #4  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default Day 1

8am -
2% Fage Yogurt
2 small oranges

11:30 am
roasted edamame (I think I will take this out of the diet until closer to goal. I know its a bean and beans are allowed but I didn't eat these during the first time around and I am not sure how it may affect me. They also can make you "snacky" like nuts.

spinach w/ lowfat italian
2 egg whites

4pm
1/2 cup oatmeal
mango
Calorie Countdown milk

*workout 8pm

post workout
strawberries and mangoes

Exercise: 30 minutes on incline trainer 7.5% 3.0mph (trying to take it easy but I really want to push it!)

That's the end of Day 1

I prepared lima beans/blackbeans for tomorrow...so tomorrow's menu will be more on the lines of what I used to eat before. I am really bloated right now, so I can't wait to start feeling more like my old self!

I'm so pumped!

Nite nite!

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 02-17-2010 at 09:46 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:25 AM   #5  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Goals for Day 2

Burn 500 calories. (probably 45 minutes cardio in the gym)

Keep portions/calories down in the beginning of the day so if hunger gets intense at night, its ok.

Drink at least 5 bottles of water.

I really am trying to work on getting my appetite down! :-)

I will weigh as soon as I feel the bloat going down. Hopefully by this weekend. I just pray that when I do weigh in it will be 140 something!

I am slowly remembering things. I didn't remember before eating a lot of veggies.... BUT now I remember I used to get big salads with my 5 calorie sugar free raspberry vinagrette dressing! I guess that is what I will have tonight. Gotta find the low calorie items to keep me full until my appetite subsides.

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 02-18-2010 at 12:53 PM. Reason: brainstorming
Old 02-18-2010, 11:28 AM   #6  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default Day 2

7am
1/4 cup oatmeal
5 frozen strawberries

(1) bottle of water

10am
small grapefruit

(2nd) botttle of water

1pm
1 cup brown rice
1 cup lima/black beans
4 boiled egg whites

(3rd bottle of water)

3pm
1 large apple
0% Fage Yogurt

4:30 - workout

Dinner will be a large veggie salad from Giant

Will update the workout when I get back!

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 02-18-2010 at 03:59 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:29 AM   #7  

DEDIKAYED, you know you can hang out with us other fatsmashers in the other thread? I also started yesterday and very pumped too. What kind of cardio that you burn 500 in 45 minutes? I do weight training and step aerobics at night.
sluggo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:56 AM   #8  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Hey Sluggo!

Awww Thanks for inviting me over ! I will check in with that thread as well, but I will still post here so I can easily keep track of whats going on without going through a lot of posts. I love when I can go straight to a thread and easily follow peopl's progress/ what worked and didn't work for them. But sometimes it gets hard because I have to read through a lot of off topic stuff (not that there is anything wrong with chatting among friends ) So that's why even though I include some other things here and there, I have been making sure that I relate everything to the diet. I actually wish that I posted more the last time. lol. So, please dont think I was trying to be anti-social

500 calories? = Incline Trainer... 15-25% incline (its kinda like you're hiking) at around 3.0-3.2 mph. I have stayed on until burning 1000 calories...70minutes or so...but that's work...and your better have some good stuff on your ipod! I would go longer now but I am trying to be easy on my hip until it heals. waaaaah!

Thanks for checking in! WE can do this!

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 02-18-2010 at 11:58 AM.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:32 AM   #9  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default Day 3 Goals

Goals

See 150 on the scale tomorrow morning. As mentioned in the beginning, I haf to guess on my weight because I was too scared and bloated to weigh after eating things I had no business eating. Anyway, I went ahead and weighed myself this morning. 152. So obviously I was probably around 154 or so when I started. Ok, so we know where. am and that will give US more motivation when we see the scale going down. 150 is tomorrows weight goal. I want to be back in the 140's by Sunday. Yes, I make tough goals..but I'm a tough girl!

When it comes to weightloss, we have to be aggressive! I know that *I personally do not want to be in "weightloss mode forever. So let's just do what we have to do to get it off!

I'm sitting in the ortho right now as I type this...Yes, even now I am thinking about the plan and my exercise... Gotta get it done!

Another goal for today...
..Limiting foods close to bed time. I ned to re-teach myself to be able to embrace slight hunger at night.. I need to make sure I am satisfied at my last meal so that I'm not looking for food at bedtime...even if its on plan..I do not want to eat "just because." Find Discipline! Once I start doing it consistently the habit will be broken! A glass of skim milk (lowcarb) is the only thing I will allow myself beforw bed...but really I want to get back to having nothing.

Exercise will depend on what the doctor says, but my goal is to burn at least 500 again. Yesterday I stayed on until I reached 700 but it ended up making me hungrier at night..

Ok that's good for todays goals!
Old 02-19-2010, 11:58 AM   #10  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default day 3 - please excuse misspelled words

These posts are coming from my cell phone so please excuse any grammatical errors.

Todays weight: 152
Sundays goal; 149
Next Fridays goal; 145

Gotta push! Plus I need my clothes to be loose again. Please and thank you.

Let's see. Plan to go to the grocery store today to get another salad. Ya know.. Brown rice and beans are high in calories. I don't mind the beans because they fill me up, but the rice... 200 calories for 1 cup..?? I would rather have 2 cups of beans..lol. They are just more filling. 2 cups of puffed rice however is only 140 calories... The problem is --puffed rice is not brown...sigh.
So as you can see, I definitely look at the calories on this plan even though you don't have too. Its just that when your body is 20 pounds are so to your goal, everything matters...and when you are like me --want it off fast-- you will find yourself paying attention to everything. Plus I like to know "why" the plan works...and basically I feel like it works because it is very lowfat (almost no fat if you use fat free yogurt/dressing)..and lowcalorie ...lowcalorie only if you don't overeat on fruit.
So todays plan will up the veggies, maybe low on rice...and definitely will have my beans! need those!

9am-
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 large red apple
1/8 cup puffed rice/milk

Rest of the food I ate today.
2 bananas
2 cups beans (lima/black)
a whole bunch of spinach w/ lowfat dressing
2 low fat yogurts
cantaloupe
egg whites (about 10.. yes 10)
puffed wheat and milk

I feel like I ate more than enough today. Don't plan on eating anything else so tonight will be my first night making myself not eat anything if I did get hungry close to bed time.

As soon as I finish getting some work done, I plan to do my callanetic tape (stretching) before bed. I am also icing my hip now, so praying that tomorrow morning I can get 1 hour of cardio in before I go to work.

The injection that the doctor gave me messed up my gym routine for today. He said that I could probably go tomorrow. Well.. I pray so. I have goals here!!!!

I really wanted to see 149 by Sunday!!! I am going to try my BEST!!!!!!!!!
We'll see what tomorrow brings... If I can get my exercise in -- keep hope alive!

Well, that's all for today!

---Update from yesterday

I did eat close to bed time...damned pufffed wheat and lc skim milk... I did not do my callanetics tape either. My darn hip was hurting so bad... but I kept waking up throughout the night and I would put heat on it. because I wanted it to get better.

On to Saturday.

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 02-20-2010 at 01:43 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:54 PM   #11  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Oh. You're going to love this.

Today is Saturday and I was supposed to go to work and get some overtime in. The whole injury/weight thing has really been bringing my spirits down and I have been trying my best to be positive, think positive, and not let the devil steal my joy and happiness. Its so funny that sometimes you can be doing a diet, and then all of a sudden something pops in your mind and you say, no... I think I will try this other diet.. and then keep flip flopping back and forth. I had thoughts of that last night. as mentioned before I lost most of my weight with low carb, so the thoughts of that came to my mind. I had to quickly remind myself that though low carb helped me to lost a good 40+ pounds, Fat Smash is what go me past my plateau and down to the lowest weight that I have been in FOREVER. I gave myself the reasons why it may not work this time (like my hip injury and maybe not being able to get all my exercise in). Well you know what? Damn that! You cannot allow yourself to be defeated. You cannot play mental games with yourself, back and forth, back and forth, because you end up in the same freaking place. You never progress. You must find something and give it your all...even when there are setbacks...even when things are working as fast as you hoped. And if you decide that what you are doing is definitely not working for you...then you dont sit in limbo... you immediately get on the mission to try something else. Some of us just need structure. As for me, without structure, my mind is already set that I am not in weightloss mode..and you know what... ? I dont lose. The mind is more powerful than you think. You have to know what you are doing is going to work. You have to feel it. You have to be happy about it. And before you know it, you are just enveloped in positive energy and more determined than ever to meet/exceed your goals.

So here's today's update:

Yesterday: 152 pounds
Today: 148.2

I have already exceeded Sunday's goal. I will do my damnest today to make this weight stick, because you know how the body can fluctuate. I will stay on target but not become anal like I used to. I used to sabotage myself when I saw big drops like this. I would be so happy to see the move on the scale that I would be "super" strict and stall my loss. Hey, starving myself did not bring on the drop in weight...so why do it now? Just stay the course! Keep it moving! Keep pushing!

I told you that I am about aggressive weightloss. There is no need for me to feel uncomfortable day by day when if I just put forth the effort, I can make a change now!!!

----

OH! Lets sets some new goals gotta have goals!

Today: 148.2
Monday's Goal: 147.0
Friday's Goal: 145

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 02-20-2010 at 01:58 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:56 PM   #12  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default Day 4 - 148.2

70 minutes on incline trainer - Basically, I went until I burned 1000 calories.

Meals

Apple
egg whites
lima/black beans
spinach

..will update as the day goes on.. Drinking my water too.. and taking my vitamins!

yogurt
cantaloupe

egg white/spinach salad

grapefruit

Bonus
1 hr on the stepmill....
1 hr Callanetics tape - (focuses on stretching... great for my injuries)

Come on guys! We can do this!

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 02-21-2010 at 09:32 AM.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:43 AM   #13  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Day 5

Shaking things up a little bit, added the brown rice today. This will more than likely make my calories higher today, but I did a lot of exercise yesterday and I want to keep the metabolism revved up.

For the rest of the day, I plan to have apples / kale/ oatmeal / yogurt / milk. That pretty much will do it for me today. The nice heavy breakfast will fuel my workouts today. I really want to do my stretching program again today..and also plan to do at least another 45 minutes of cardio. May sneak in a little weight training as well. I will be sure to update that when I get back.

Goals for today. - 5 bottles of water... (4 more to go)
Exercise - Cardio plus callanetics
I didn't go to bed until 3am, so maybe take a nap today...and get to bed early - this helps my weightloss tremendously! I will try to be in bed by 10.
Eat plenty of kale (because I have cooked plenty!)
Pick up my mag/calcium so that I can stay regular hehe.

If you want it bad enough - just reach out and get it. Can you see it? It IS there! How far are you willing to stretch yourself? It is not imaginary. Its where you are supposed to be. Its the YOU that you want to be. You deserve this. Now GET IT!

Keep pushing!
Old 02-21-2010, 09:45 AM   #14  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default Day 5

This morning so far:

Todays Meals

Meal 1 - around 9
1 cup brown rice
Approx 1 to 1.5 cups (unmeasured) lima/black beans
1/4 cup kale
4 egg whites

Rest of the day.
more beans
kale
salad
oatmeal
mango & banana

Food update: uh.... I am going to take the beans out of the diet. I love beans and it make the diet easier for me to handle hunger... but I am so GASSY right now that I cannot stand myself! Sorry, if its too much information. I use beano this time as well as my first time around, but for some reason..this time I am full of gas.

So '86' the beans. More veggies. May still get some gas, but it will not be like this. Sheesh.

oh.

Exercise: 60 minutes incline trainer.
going to bed early. Will do a few pelvic thrust exercises before bed but not the whole Callanetics tape. I am tired.
I did take my nap today....and I still need to go to bed early.

So without the beans, that will lower my calories dramatically. Without the beans, I will have the brown rice.

So foods that I have to work with:

Yogurt
Milk
Kale
apples
banana
oatmeal
spinach salad
brown rice

Just may help the weightloss anyway

Oh, just took something to "flush" things out. I simply cannot continue to allow myself to create this amount of gas. My stomach is sooo bloated.
Keeping it moving!

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 02-21-2010 at 08:50 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:04 AM   #15  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default Day 6

uhhhhhhhhhhhh. Flushing out today. No weigh in this morning since I'm drinking tons of water and getting out all these beans... LOL.

I will weigh in sometime this week. I would love if I can wait til Friday... but we'll see. I still want to see 145 on Friday! I know its a push, but I will do what I can. .

I should actually feel myself getting smaller as the days go on. Right now I still feel bloated (but that's from all the water, etc).

Goals for today.
Get the water in!
60 minutes of cardio plus callanetics.
Get to bed early so I can get up early and get my exercise in tomorrow morning before work.

No friggin beans!