Old 02-19-2010, 05:47 PM   #1  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Default Ok, it's official...I'm obsessed w/ CC

So here I am on a Friday planning out my Sunday because I'm going out for bagels and Starbucks Sunday morning. We're going to a bagel shop we used to frequent, but I know I can't get my usual (a garlic parmesean bagel w/ egg and swiss cheese, they also butter the bagel and a Venti Toffee Nut Latte w/ whipped cream) so I'm trying preplan my Sunday meals so I know how many cals I'll have in the morning to work with.

I don't know if this is pathetic or a good sign of how I've changed my life. Part of me says pathetic...but part of me says good sign. I think I'd say pathetic if I was in maitenance (I don't want to live the rest of my life this rigidly), but since I'm actively losing I'm going to say it's a good thing.

I'm thinking I'm going to go with a Skinny Hazelnut Latte and a garlic bagel with reduced fat cream cheese. I'm guestimating this should be around 160 for the latte and 420 for the bagel. This is higher than a usual breakfast for me and way more carbs than usual, but I figure I can make it fit. Sundays are usually a 1650 cal day so I think I'l be good on my cals. This is why I love calorie counting so much because I can figure this stuff out...who cares I'm totally OCD about it!
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 06:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/160/140

Height: 5'5"

Nothing wrong with this at all. Planning and counting works!!
Why shouldn't we be particular about it right? Now you can enjoy your breakfast out and just tweak the rest of your day's count to fit it in. Enjoy!
justformenow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 07:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

For me, at least, it's a question of be obsessed with calorie counting, or be obsessed with irrationally strong feelings of guilt and shame related to being overweight. I prefer the former!
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 07:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 182/135.4/132

Height: 5' 4.5

I love the feeling I get from calorie counting. I feel knowledgeable and in control. I never felt that way about food or eating before going on this journey. I much prefer this way of life!
lovingsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:05 PM   #5  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Calorie counting is the only way to go for me. That's how you stay in control. I also count fat, and watch my sodium and carb intake. It's alot, but it works for me to maintain my weight loss.
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 02:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 315/284/onederland

Height: 5'6"

That's something I really love about calorie counting as apposed to a lot of other plans I've tried. You really CAN eat anything, if you plan for it. I ate Pizza Hut a couple of nights ago! That's not the norm for me, as I generally watch my carbs and fat too, but it was wonderful to be able to just grab a pizza on the way home from an extraordinarily busy day and not have to feel like I was totally blowing it. I have to attend a family meal tomorrow night and I'm planning ahead. I'll keep my calories low all day so I'll have plenty to spare for a meal out. Love it!

Last edited by Blairsey; 02-20-2010 at 02:38 PM.
Blairsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 03:34 PM   #7  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

A large hazelnut latte at Second Cup (the cafe chain I work at) cafes are 330 calories A small is one 170. It's surprising they're 170 at Starbucks, but that is what the website says!

You could always ask for it 1/2 sweet and then add Splenda, or we also have some sugar-free Hazelnut syprup available. You should ask your starbucks if they have those options! Then you could REALLY enjoy yourself!
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 04:32 PM   #8  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

The skinny hazelnut latte is with ff milk and sf syrup.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 05:18 PM   #9  
GoWear Fit All-Star

S/C/G: 280/266.8/150

Height: 5'6"

No, you are not OCD! I did the same thing last night. My fiance wanted to go to a very late meal ( 2 a.m.) at Perkin's. I spent a few minutes looking online and looking at what I had left calorie wise for the day, to figure out what I could eat/what I would like. We ended up not going afterall, but I feel good about the research and planning anyways.

Keep up the good work!
mulder1921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 05:38 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

Failure to plan = plan to fail

I think that one of the best things about calorie counting is that you can adapt it to anything you need. So yes, if you are having a special meal, you can work around it and still be on plan.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 06:44 PM   #11  
I am worth it

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140 (maybe 130)

Height: 5' 3" and a half ;)

I love planning ahead especially when it comes to any type of fast food. I have caught myself becoming a little panicked when my mother took me out to a restaurant where there was no nutritional information available and I didn't have a clue about what I was eating. I am not at the point where I have enough will power to just have a salad but I did try to make a good guess at what I ate and pick something reasonable. I think its great that you are planning ahead, not obsessive at all
sweetnlow28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 06:51 PM   #12  

A venti skinny latte at starbucks is 160 calories. You could get a tall for only 90 or a grande for 130. You're definitely not ocd, you're smart for thinking ahead!!
tiffany0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 07:09 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 395/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

I'm prepping for Bariatric surgery and I am trying to eat healthy and make changes now, but am having a hard time with portion control. So, I decided to pay attention to calories and see if I could just keep track of calories each day. I don't write anything down, but I'm keeping a rough mental tally. It's working!!! I lost 14 pounds in two weeks. Amazing what paying attention can do for you!!!
basketcase is offline   Reply With Quote