South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 03:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Default Super Saturday/Soptastic Sunday

What's up ladies?! Grab a chair and a cup of tea! I'm so suprised that I've been so calm ever since I began my weight loss journey. I'm not obsessed with losing the weight faster than lightening, lol. I hope TOM leaves ASAP so I can weigh myself.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:38 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi, Okie. I'm having some coffee this morning, thanks. Are you a tea drinker? Many months after starting SBD, my hubby commented that I wasn't as moody as I used to be. I think the combination of stabilized blood sugar and better nutrition when following SBD really helps me to remain calm, too. I am getting some paperwork done for my rescue group since I went to bed early last night. I slept from 8-2. It's snowing here, so I'll do some inside projects. I just planted a couple of flower bulbs-they'll bloom in the house.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:41 AM   #3  

I used to dislike coffee but I like it now. Tea is my drink of choice though. My late Grandpa Bobson used to make tea and serve it with bread, so London, lol.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:46 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all!
I'm a "both" drinker..coffee with chickory in the mornings and tea in the evenings! Love me a nice thick cup of CDM in the morning!

Not a fun day ahead. Have to go to a school workshop on teaching children of poverty (second one) Should be informative, but I hate to give up my Saturday. It's the only day husband and I have together and I hate to think about sitting on a hard chair all day...ouch.

Hope everyone has a fun day for me!
Old 02-20-2010, 05:52 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Soptastic? Deviant art? Opie, I don't think I'm up for that this morning. I love tea but can't handle it in the mornings so I'll join Debbie for coffee.

I got to wake the dogs this morning. The stove held overnight so the back room was warm and cozy and they were really zzzing. It was nice to just snuggle them for a bit instead of hearing "Pet me! Feed me! Lemme out! Right now!"

Not sure what's on the agenda this morning but I'm sure I'll manage to fill my day. Donna broke two toes early in the week so has not been here to clean so I may get to play with "her" Dyson. I also need to decide what I will serve next Friday when I have 12-15 people here for a Church meeting and dinner. Stew? Lasagna? Shepherds Pie?

Right now it's time for breakfast and a cruise through the Forums. Happy Saturday!
Old 02-20-2010, 06:13 AM   #6  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

I forgot to ask about this. I have had the envee for a vita-mix for while now and decided to take the plunge and order one after pay day this month. Anyone have one? Love it? use it a lot? I like the idea of being able to juice without losing the skins and making "instant" veggie soups in it.
Old 02-20-2010, 06:14 AM   #7  
Be happy.

Good morning!

I'll have my usual cup of tea, thanks. I lost my taste for coffee when I was expecting our first child in 1981 and I've never been able to enjoy it since. lol
(Too bad it wasn't chocolate I lost my taste for, eh?)

Okie, I like your new ticker - it makes you look ready for spring!

Hi Debbie, I often go to bed around 8 pm, too - usually to get away from Fergie's Doritos or Reese Cups - but I'm never up before 5.

Whoa Cat! A teachers' workshop on Saturday??? Ours are ALWAYS on weekdays, but we get out later in the summer than you do, so perhaps the Saturday workshops are worth it if I look at things that way. Sorry you're spending your Saturday on a hard chair. I hope it turns out to be a pleasant day for you.

Good morning Ruth - I had to google Soptastic, I've never heard it til now. lol Poor Donna! How did she manage to break her toes? I hope your Saturday is a smooth one.

I'm really hungry this morning, though I don't know why. I'm off to fix my oats and then I'll be back to see who else has posted.

Last edited by Heidi58; 02-20-2010 at 06:26 AM. Reason: I went crazy with the smileys.... didn't want to give anyone a headache. *blush*
Old 02-20-2010, 06:23 AM   #8  

Hey Heidi! Thanks for the comment about my ticker! I got soptastic from Food Network's Sunny Anderson.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:02 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Cat, I hope your day passes quickly. My friends love their Vita-mix. I have an Olympic Juicer and can't justify the splurge, but if I had extra $$ I'd get one, for sure.

Ruth, I think I'll go check on my pups. Sorry to hear about Donna.

Heidi, part of my early bed is that Kirk goes through the same sort of foods every night-including Doritos. Some mornings I'm hungrier so I add something extra.

I've decided to crawl back in for a bit, since it's still early here. Back in a bit.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:13 AM   #10  

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone. Personally, I drink coffee in the morning (2 cups) and a cup of tea in the afternoon. The tea I use is called 'builders tea' so it's quite strong and probably has as much caffeine as a cup of coffee (and I use 2 bags!).

For all you early risers - you're crazy. I do love to get up as the sun rises and enjoy a few moments to myself, but 2 am is pushing it!! Although I would love the quiet.

Today is the day we do our taxes. I have a sense of deathly calm about it but I'm extremely apprehensive. I'll report back later in the day.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:16 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning

Okie - Another positive day for you - I love it? But what is soptastic? I see now... should have googled instead of looked it up in the dictionary.

Debbie - Interesting observation. I don't know that I would have thought myself calmer... but I may be too! Happier for sure Your hours are off!

Cat - Another early bird. Sorry you have to give up your Saturday. I know nothing about vita-mix. Sounds healthy.

Ruth - Is that what it means? I still don't get it Poor Donna; I broke one last summer so feel her pain. I'm interested to see what menu you choose.

Heidi - LOL. I gained allergies with my first child. Your edit comment cracked me up too.

Mmc - I meant to say how much I love your picture

Well I start my day, every day, with Crystal Lite Sunrise Orange. That used to be it for the mornings but now if I don't have an early gym class I move on to tea... my new "diet drink." I actually like the taste of flavored or sweetened/lightened coffee and get a Starbucks on occasion but stopped drinking it in college when I figured out the caffeine kept me up at night. Drinking tea every day now is a big change for me... I didn't used to drink between meals hardly at all.

DS has basketball and indoor soccer tomorrow if the weather doesn't cause problems. Nothing much else planned for the weekend.

Just about one week left for our February weight goals! I may need to kick it up a notch exercising.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:18 AM   #12  

Height: 5'8"

Karen - my son (5 yrs.) took that picture. He loves to take pictures of people and they always look the same!
Old 02-20-2010, 07:22 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! $@*!!!@#*$! I had a nice long, chirpy post and lost it!

Anyway, now I don't have time to respond to everyone but,
GOOD MORNING!

I'll be back later, but have a Super Saturday!
Old 02-20-2010, 07:42 AM   #14  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning all you early risers I am definitely a morning (and afternoon) coffee drinker. Takes a couple of cups to get me even functioning. This time of year I drink herbal tea all day because it keeps my hands warm

Okie - It's great that this is working so well for you

Debbie - I've had the same experience with overall mood. My DW can attest to my more even overall approach to life now. Keeping the blood sugar nice and level really makes an incredible difference.
Thanks for the reminder! My Mom gave us both amaryllis bulbs with our Christmas gifts and I need to get them started. Must put that on the list for the day.

Cat - ugh, not my favorite way to spend a Saturday. I hope the information is worth the lost day.

Ruth - Broken toes sound painful. Have fun with the Dyson
How about the mock cornbread casserole for your guests? I think it's that good.

Heidi - I think coffee is my last real vice. Luckily my doctor thinks it's just fine. Do you have enough snow for snow shoeing? All that snow we got early in the week has melted away already so don't think I"ll get out this weekend.

Mmc - Good luck with the taxes I usually put mine off until the last minute but might actually look at them this year, just in case I have a refund coming.

Karen - I tried the Urban Dictionary but that didn't do it for me Sounds like a mellow weekend. Enjoy

Cottage - Don't you hate that?! Hope the rest of the morning is smoother.

I'm checking multiple weather forecast this morning. I just decided to go to my parents tomorrow for a few days and now it looks like a storm may be heading our way. I wait until the last minute this time of year for just this reason. I can easily switch my days off (my boss is used to that fortunately) but I've got a lb of wild caught salmon all ready to travel. I was going to make them an anniversary dinner (Murph -I'm using your technique with the pesto, elegant and easy). Not sure if it would be better to freeze it or just cook it myself. I rarely cook fish at home because DW does not eat seafood and I try to respect that. Decisions, decisions.

Other than that the usual weekend To Do list but that is dependent on my plans. It's warm but windy here. I'm going to try a walk because I really miss being outside.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:26 AM   #15  
Be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyndiM View Post
Heidi - I think coffee is my last real vice. Luckily my doctor thinks it's just fine. Do you have enough snow for snow shoeing? All that snow we got early in the week has melted away already so don't think I"ll get out this weekend.
I had a little bit of snowshoe time at my mom's this week but we haven't had snow in western Maine for weeks.... I can see patches of bare ground over the septic tank and the snow that's still here is crusted with ice. No snowshoeing around here til we get another storm. As I drove home from Massachusetts on Thursday everything seemed so backwards - the farther north I drove the less snow there was. If we're not going to have snow I'd just as soon have spring.

I'm hoping to get a good walk in today. The wind is my biggest enemy though, there's so much sand/salt on the roads here and when the log and chip trucks go by I get blasted! lol

Reading about your salmon has my mouth watering.... what a nice anniversary gift!

Last edited by Heidi58; 02-20-2010 at 08:28 AM.
Closed Thread