Wink IP Monthly Chat February 2010 Continued #3

Hi Everyone,

Please continue your chat here...

Here's a link to the 2nd February Chat thread
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...continued.html

Thanks, Leenie

Old 02-19-2010, 09:46 PM   #2  

ksb001

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All! New to program and lost 7 lbs. the first week and I am really getting a lot of information from you all so I wanted to say thanks.

Even though I'm committed to doing IP exclusively I'm of the belief that information is power and I'm open to learning everything possible about this program - even if that includes other products or ideas. Bring 'em on, folks!

I am following the program to the letter so far. My plan is to avoid situations whenever possible that may lead me to cheat. My friends know that I will not be coming to parties or "girls night out" for a while and they get it. I know myself and I know what my weaknesses are (mainly, ZERO willpower). Not ideal but I can do anything for a few months. Hopefully, if I'm super vigilant it will just fly by. My counselor told me that every cheat sets you back three days so I'm just not willing to lose $40 everytime I go off program. That would be one expensive cookie or piece of candy! That's my motivation.

Again, thank you for sharing your successes and your setbacks. You have no idea how helpful and inspirational this board is. Looking forward to posting lots of pounds lost......

Welcome to the "best diet" I have ever been on. 7 lbs in one week is terrific. Now that you are through your first week, your will power will be better. Good Luck and keep up the dedication!

Last edited by BlueMermaid; 02-19-2010 at 09:47 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Height: 5'5"

The weekend is the toughest time for me....everyone is home and eating different things. I'm fortunate that my family is very supportive and for the most part they'll cook for themselves too!! I'm planning a quiet weekend and going to prep some meals for next weeks (main meal). If anyone has any suggestions for a nice dinner for phase 1....I'm all ears.

Have a great weekend!
Trish
Old 02-19-2010, 10:04 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittlescda View Post
The weekend is the toughest time for me....everyone is home and eating different things. I'm fortunate that my family is very supportive and for the most part they'll cook for themselves too!! I'm planning a quiet weekend and going to prep some meals for next weeks (main meal). If anyone has any suggestions for a nice dinner for phase 1....I'm all ears.

Have a great weekend!
Trish
We had steamed crab legs and roasted cauliflower. It was wonderful. Steamed fish is good. Roasted asparagus is good. Shrimp sauteed in olive oil and garlic with some paprika on it is yummy too.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:17 PM   #5  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Wyo Sky -- I asked my doctor yesterday about vegetables too. I asked about measuring the vegetables before or
after cooking them. She said the 2 cups should be after when
you are eating them cooked. That's a lot of vegetables at one meal. So the point is, our Mom's were right. We should eat our vegetables. I lost 10 pounds this first week and I'm not sure I ate more than 2 cups raw at any meal...
Congratulations to you on your weight loss too! I am really crazy about this diet
but of course, I am brand new.

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 02-19-2010 at 10:19 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 161/150.5/130

Height: 5 ft 4 in

Talking Figuring out my way...

Hi IP Friends!
Ok, day 3 down--started ok with vanilla pudding but due to working later than expected, didn't get anything to eat until 2 pm...started feeling weak and headachy but once I ate something, felt much better. I must be starting into the ketosis mode since I have an icky taste in my mouth all of the time
My counselor says this is a good thing

My saving grace is that she showed me all of the other protein drinks like the juices I can have vs. only the soup (ick) or omelette (double ick)! So I feel renewed in knowing that I've got some more options out there. I think I can only tolerate the cold stuff at this point since I am still feeling a bit up and down. One minute energized the next kind of weak. I am staying up on my supplements and also adding the sea salt. I've even added a sublingual b12 too. I am so determined to get this right and family is very supportive although I kind of wanted to stangle my hubby when he brought home the left over "Top Pot" donuts from the office! I don't think he is trying to sabatoge me but really...is he insane??!! Pat me on the back, I just lovingly looked at them and closed the lid....
Good luck everyone in succeeding tomorrow!
Old 02-19-2010, 11:46 PM   #7  

Every vegetable has a different weight - as an example cucumber is 133 grams per cup whereas broccoli is 91 grams per cup. You would have to look up all the weights for each vegetable.

I keep a chart on the inside door of one of my cupboards for easy access. 8 oz of bok choy is going to be WAY more than 8 oz of cauliflower so you can't use the same weight measurement for each veggie.

Hope that helps
Old 02-19-2010, 11:47 PM   #8  
IP start 1/11/2010

S/C/G: 226.6/176/140

Height: 5' 2"

I was told to measure my veggies raw and to use a rounded cup to account for the space. At one point someone posted the weight of all the veggies. Two cups of veggies is not going to weigh 16 oz....this is only true for water. For instance one cup of asparagus weighs 134 grams approx. Sorry I can't recall exactly where the list of weights is!
Old 02-19-2010, 11:56 PM   #9  

Hey Ritiki I just noticed you're 199 lbs!!

CONGRATULATIONS FOR GETTING IN TO ONEDERLAND
Old 02-19-2010, 11:57 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 159/131.5/115

Height: 5'2"

I haven't been cheating at all, I have been following the plan exactly, even eating celery in between to make sure I get in all 4 cups of veges in. And I drink well over my 64oz of water requirement. I am sorry to state that my scale hates me. I know everyone keeps saying we all lose weight at different rates but... so early on in the diet?
Old 02-20-2010, 12:50 AM   #11  
WyoPrincess

S/C/G: 226/208/135

WOW you gals are already on the third thread for THIS MONTH! Truly amazing and you are a daily inspiration to me. I may not comment everyday but I do read this every night before i go to bed as another reassurance that this diet does work, is amazing, and there are others in my shoes.

I started this diet right after Thanksgiving and have lost 25 pounds so far (after the whole cheat for a week at Christmas ). Everyone at work notices the differences and I'm noticing a HUGE difference in my energy. The one thing that keeps me going and on track is the cruise I will be taking in November. And for once, I want some darn pictures!

Thanks again and keep inspiring me
Old 02-20-2010, 02:19 AM   #12  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarkbait View Post
I haven't been cheating at all, I have been following the plan exactly, even eating celery in between to make sure I get in all 4 cups of veges in. And I drink well over my 64oz of water requirement. I am sorry to state that my scale hates me. I know everyone keeps saying we all lose weight at different rates but... so early on in the diet?

I am exactly where you are at weight wise and started almost where you did... I have followed the diet to a T this week and things haven't moved... weird? I'm going to talk to my coach Monday. It makes me sooo angry!
Old 02-20-2010, 08:17 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarkbait View Post
Sarkbait, are you in your second week? I have heard talk that week 2 is the dreaded week even on the Biggest Loser show. I think your body freaks out a little and says "Hey wait a darn minute, what are you trying to do to me". I am not sure what day you weigh in but if your 1st week was really good, your second week may not be as good. Your body needs to adjust and realize you are not starving it to death, it will come around. Please don't get discouraged. It seems my weight every week don't come off until the 6th or 7th day and so I am also addicted to my scale and try not to get too caught up in it not moving for a few days. If it bugs you that bad, throw the scale out and only weigh with your coach. Keep up the good work and dedication and the pounds will come off.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:20 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel13 View Post
I am exactly where you are at weight wise and started almost where you did... I have followed the diet to a T this week and things haven't moved... weird? I'm going to talk to my coach Monday. It makes me sooo angry!
Hi Rachel, did you start eating that 3rd protein? That may be the difference of your body trying to adjust. Are you getting close to TOM? That messed with me as you see on week 4. Good Luck and hang in there. Don't let it get you down. The weight will come off.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:38 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 170/143/130

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
Sarkbait, are you in your second week? I have heard talk that week 2 is the dreaded week even on the Biggest Loser show. I think your body freaks out a little and says "Hey wait a darn minute, what are you trying to do to me". I am not sure what day you weigh in but if your 1st week was really good, your second week may not be as good. Your body needs to adjust and realize you are not starving it to death, it will come around. Please don't get discouraged. It seems my weight every week don't come off until the 6th or 7th day and so I am also addicted to my scale and try not to get too caught up in it not moving for a few days. If it bugs you that bad, throw the scale out and only weigh with your coach. Keep up the good work and dedication and the pounds will come off.
Hang in there, Sarkbait...I just finished week 2 too, and I felt the same way. I thought that with this much hard work, I too, haven't cheated AT ALL, and was disappointed about my loss. I know it is hard. My sister in law has been on since October and has averaged 5 pounds a week...I immediatly did some calculating on what I would be at in 2 months (I have a trip with friends to Vegas) and went online in search of bikinis. So yesterday, when I was down a total of 7.5 instead of the 20 which I had thought I would be, I was pretty sad. I remembered this is the most I have lost in one week on any diet I have ever been on (NutriSystem, Jenny, WW, SouthBeach etc.), and that was encouraging. Plus, my friends can see the difference too, so that is encouraging.

It sounds like you and I are on the same week. hang in there and please email me if you need anything.
Closed Thread