Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2003, 01:49 PM   #1  
Losin It For GOOD!

Default "Head Hungry"

When oh when am I going to get over this head hunger. I am NOT hungry, but I WANT to eat. I cannot figure it out. Its like having the munchies without the hunger pangs.

Anyone else having this issue? I feel like an addict trying to come off my addiction! Well if I'm honest, I AM a addict trying to come off my addiction.
Old 01-13-2003, 01:55 PM   #2  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

I can totally relate. Sometimes I just want to eat, just to eat. I hate it, cause I'm not hungry, but I still think about eating alot! lol It was like when I used to smoke, I would smoke even when I wasn't craving one. Thankfully I've quit that now, and I don't even think about smoking anymore --I just need to stop thinking about eating.
Old 01-13-2003, 02:00 PM   #3  

I'm with ya BA, I ate all weekend just cause I could, I wasn't a bit hungry, just bored. I HATE IT!!! During the week I'm ok with it, nothing to eat at work and to far to travel to get food, but when I am home all I do is eat
Old 01-13-2003, 02:03 PM   #4  

You are not alone, Beth Anne. I had it this weekend bad, which accounts for the 1 point day yesterday. It was not pretty. I wasn't hungry at all, yet I kept on eating. Some days I do great at warding off the munchies, other days it's tougher.

I don't know what the answer is, but I keep trying to figure it out. If you find out before I do, let me know!!!
Old 01-13-2003, 02:21 PM   #5  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I am rarely hungry. I tend to schedule meals and snacks in close enough proximity that I don't need to eat when I do. It works for me. However, I do notice I get head hungry A LOT. Here's some reasons that I've pinpointed:

--Boredom. This is my big one. Especially at work. I have nothing better to do, so why not look for something to eat?
--Stress. Especially at work. I need to feel good about something when I'm freaking out and food always makes me feel better, right?
--Happiness. What a great day I'm having, why not eat something?
--Sadness. What a crappy day I'm having, might as well eat something.
--Dehydration. Wow, I'm really craving something like ice cream, or a milkshake. How many glasses of water have I had today?
--Deficiency. This one I always forget about. I'm craving steak, or meat or a big juicy hamburger (I HATE red meat!!). If I review my diet (good reason to journal), I'll see that I'm missing some protein or iron. Or I remember that one-a-day vitamin supplement has become a one-a-month.

I deal with them all in their own ways. But I discovered them all by journaling my feelings with my food choices to see if they were emotional decisons or physical.

Hope this helps!!!
Old 01-13-2003, 02:27 PM   #6  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

If one more person says to me, "You have to eat something" today, I'm going to scream (see my journal for details)

Normally I'm an emotional eater (Friday proved that) but today I am barely choking down lunch.
Old 01-13-2003, 02:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

i whine about this to david a lot. i always want to eat, even if i'm not hungry. i haven't found a really good way to fight it yet, i just have to wait through it.

sometimes being online helps.

Last edited by gonzostar; 01-13-2003 at 02:40 PM.
Old 01-13-2003, 02:38 PM   #8  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

I'm with you Beth Anne...
last night I want chips sooo bad. Luckily Sandi was on yahoo and talked me out of them.

Instead I took a bath. I find I am eating when I'm bored... try to find a hobby. I usually scrap (because I never eat when I do that)
Old 01-13-2003, 02:42 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

Smile scrapbooking?

yay, you scrapbook slimdown? me too!

or, should i say, i occasionally do. i really wish i did it more and wasn't so far behind, but schoolwork comes first, and procrastanation comes even before that! ha ha.

anyways, do you do creative memories? or just buy stuff at stores? (i do both, but i haven't been to a crop in ages).
Old 01-13-2003, 02:55 PM   #10  

I first heard the term, "Head Hunger" when I was doing the Weigh Down diet. Are any of you familiar with that?

Angi
Old 01-13-2003, 04:55 PM   #11  
Catwoman

I didn't know there was an actual term "head hunger" I used to think of it as "mouth hunger" My mouth wanted food but my belly didn't. It is a hard one to overcome. Eating is enjoyable and so much more then filling your belly and taking hunger away. I try and analize it before I eat , I never eat between meals and if I'm not due for a meal I drink a soda, do something to take my mind of my mouth hunger, then when I do have a meal I always try and make it as nice a possible and savour the flavours and the sensation of eating. I don't eat as often these days but I'm sure as **** going to enjoy the times I do eat!
Old 01-14-2003, 09:38 AM   #12  
Losin It For GOOD!

I'm beginning to think that with me this really is like coming off an addiction.

I remember when I quit smoking that it was very hard to not put that cigarrette in my mouth. And it wasn't the nicotine I was craving, but rather having the cigarrette in my mouth. Usually a piece of gum or a lollipop or something would solve the craving.

I'm starting to think this may be the same idea. its simply the act of chewing or swallowing or putting food to my lips that my body is "craving". I guess this too will pass just like the cigarette cravings did. I just need to hold on.
Closed Thread