Old 02-18-2010, 01:01 AM   #1  

Default First time on Weight Watchers - confused.

Hello - my first time here and I've been trying to find all the information before I Post. I'm new to weight watchers and I'm confused about the following.

Are activity points capped?
Do they have to be eaten on the day, or can they be saved for the week?
Does eating all your points or less depend on how your body reacts?

So help here would be GREATLY appreciated.
melbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 07:03 PM   #2  
Haley wants to run!

Height: 5'9"

i don't think there's a cap to the points some days I have 15 activity points I eat them and still lose. The idea of them is to fuel your body for the exercise that day, that day is when your body needs it not 4 days later, you know what I mean? You can def do some trial and error with your points if you want but everyone I've talked to has best results when they eat all their allotted points. As you lose weight your points get lowered anyway so eat them while you got them!! haha good luck!
Haley8203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 07:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/185/145

Height: 5'6"

Hi and welcome!

I just started WW too (my third week). The second book they give us is on activity points and it says that you can swap your activity points for food points as long as it's within the same week you earn them. I don't know if they've changed that recently, but I just got this book a week ago and that's what it says. But you can't roll the points over into a new week.
VisitorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5 ft 6 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbal View Post
Hello - my first time here and I've been trying to find all the information before I Post. I'm new to weight watchers and I'm confused about the following.

Are activity points capped?
Do they have to be eaten on the day, or can they be saved for the week?
Does eating all your points or less depend on how your body reacts?

So help here would be GREATLY appreciated.
* They USED to cap the activity points to 4 per day.

* They USED to have to be eaten the day that you earned them.

* WW encourages you to eat your points allotted for the day (but you don't HAVE to eat your extra 35 flex ones)

But as things change over the years and they keep changing their program, it makes me think - well, is there any difference to eating your AP the same day or not? If it made such a huge difference, why would they change it? You know?

Personally, I liked it when they gave you a range of points and no 35 flex points. For example, my range was 23-27. Some days I would eat 23, some days 27, depending on my hunger level.

as for activity points, since they used to cap it at 4 points, that would ROUGHLY translate to 200 calories (each points is ROUGHLY 50 calories), so to me if you have exercised and are super starving, a snack of 200 calories that same day isn't going to kill you.

HOWEVER, if you earned 15 AP points and roughly translated that to calories, that would be 750 calories. Do you really want to be eating an extra 750 calories in one day??? I think not.

I know quite a few calorie counters on here (there was just recently a thread about this) don't eat their calories earned from exercise. I would think it would be the same on WW.

keep in mind though - this is just my opinion.

~CGH~
choirgirlhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:04 PM   #5  
Haley wants to run!

Height: 5'9"

choirgirlhotel-i do eat my activity points sometimes i have 3 days where i get 15 and i still lose so it's not fair to say you shouldn't eat them.
Haley8203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:47 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5 ft 6 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by haleygirl82 View Post
choirgirlhotel-i do eat my activity points sometimes i have 3 days where i get 15 and i still lose so it's not fair to say you shouldn't eat them.
I never said you "shouldn't eat them". I said, if 15 points roughly translates to 750 calories, do you really want to be eating that extra 750 calories? If you do and can still lose, go for it!

I also explained in my post that WW has changed it's own rules over the years, at one time they said no don't eat them and cap them off, and now I heard they're saying sure you can eat them and no cap.

Whatever works for you is what works!

~CGH~

Last edited by choirgirlhotel; 02-18-2010 at 11:50 PM.
choirgirlhotel is offline   Reply With Quote