Old 02-15-2010, 04:02 PM   #1  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 362/ticker/169

Height: 5'9"

Question Quick Question - Eating your points?

I'm having a problem. This is day 4 for me. I know my leader said & it's pretty much a rule that you have to eat all your daily points. Well, my daily points are 42. What do you do if there is no way you are going to be able to get all your points eaten for the day? It's 4:00 p.m. right now & I still have 25 points to eat for the day. I'm trying to limit my fast food & eating out because I know it isn't as healthy but in order to get my points in today, I guess I'm going to have to grab a burger & fries. How bad is it to not eat all your daily points?
going2dabeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 04:34 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

I've only been on the program for about 4 weeks now, but have also had trouble on some days getting in all my points. My leader suggested that instead of eating fat free/low fat things to eat the full fat version. She said the program is designed to give you the amount of fuel needed to effectively burn calories and if you go too low, your body will instinctively hold on to calories you eat, thus making you gain weight.

If you're having trouble getting in your points, don't run out for the burger and fries JUST to make your daily points. I think doing that will surely set you up for disaster later. Try making something healthier like a smoothie using milk other than fat free and by adding "extras". I make a chocolate banana smoothie using a half packet of SF/FF pudding mix, banana, 1½ cups FF milk, packet of Truvia, 1 Tbs of Ghirardelli chocolate chips, and some ice blended in to make it a 6 pt frozen treat. You could easily take something like that and add a little more chocolate or by using regular pudding mix and higher fat milk. It's not the most healthful of things, but you're getting in dairy and a fruit serving! It's far better than eating a greasy fast food meal, right?
Sewergrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 04:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

There are plenty of ways to use points without grabbing a burger and fries! There are so many delicious things you can make that are healthy, but high in point values. I suggest checking out Hungry Girl's swaps...so many tasty things! http://www.hungry-girl.com/chew/index.php
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:14 PM   #4  
Stephanie

Thanks girls! I'll have to check out the website. I really didn't want to go out for the fast food because I know that it isn't a healthier choice. And that's what I'm going for here - health over everything else.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:21 PM   #5  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

Peanutbutter is always good for a quick boost on calories/points.
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 235/185/165

I, too, vote for higher point healthier items: peanut butter, eggs, whole or reduced fat dairy (as opposed to fat free), maybe some ice cream at the end of the day? But still try to stay away from a lot of junk.

Sounds like a non-scale victory that eating all your points is a challenge! You'll be dropping pounds in no time!
groovia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:32 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 250.6/see ticker/185/?

Height: 5'8"

I vote for high density foods that will keep you satisfied! Peanut butter, proteins and make sure that you get in your oils.
You're sure to lose quickly!
My best-
Judy
Lil Judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:41 PM   #8  

toss some healthy oil into whatever you're eating too!
partypantalones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:25 PM   #9  

So how did you do with your points yesterday and today, Stephanie?
Sewergrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 06:49 PM   #10  
Stephanie

I'm getting all of my points. Some days it is a struggle especially Monday when I just wasn't hungry and still had like 6 points left. I ended up eating some baked tortillas & salsa for a snack & that got all my points in. Yesterday though wasn't hard at all. It must be all this crazy weather but yesterday all I wanted to do was eat. So I did - yogurt, pretzels, smarter snacks than what I would've done a week ago. I got all my points in without a problem.

I'm doing this with my mom & she only has 31 points to eat everyday. So when we went to Subway & I got cheese on my sub, she started freaking out... "you can't have cheese. Steph, you know better." I had to explain to her, once again, that I have a lot more points to eat than she does. You'd think since I'm 36 that she'd realize that I do know what I'm doing and if I screw up, it's me, not her. But whatever... it's mom & she's always going to be that way.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:20 PM   #11  

gosh it's such a strange feeling to be so full on good-for-you foods that you don't wanna eat any more!

i'm there right in this moment. not a big deal, but today i actually tried something i heard from another real life WWer, who heard this from her leader: to save most of your points for your favorite meal of the day.

so since breakfast is fast, and lunch is at my desk, i planned for afterwork/dinner...and now at 9pm i'm so full with 7.5 to spare

it's so silly because goodness knows 6 chicken strips, a large fry, and a shake would have left me room for more a year or two (or month or two ha) ago, but today salad and soup and beans and fruit, and i'm at capacity.

something to remember on days like this when it feels so "easy!" some days, weeks, months are haaaaard. i'm going to try to eat 'em all knowing it's good for me, but it does feel strange so i hear ya steph!
partypantalones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:14 AM   #12  
Now Mom to 5

S/C/G: 250/ticker/170

Height: 5' 5"

I am throwing my 2 cents in and it goes against WW. There have been days this week that I have not gotten in all my points because I was not hungry. Sure WW has a good idea of what my body needs but only my body can tell me if I truly need all the points that day. On other days I have been hungrier and so if I eat extra points from my weekly allowence that is ok. I am not stressing about being perfect with points but listening to my body.

The points are a great way to help steer me away from emotional eating. I will also admit that I am not a big one on low fat products if I don't enjoy the taste. I would rather have a smaller amount (higher points) of whole foods that I do enjoy. That is what is working for me at this point. Who knows it may change tommorrow.
MomtoThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:29 AM   #13  
Points Master

S/C/G: 357/T/180

I have been on WW for about 20 months and as someone said earlier, add some healthy oil on there and you should have no problem. I started with 44 points and it felt like a ton of food, but enjoy it now while you have it because they go away. I now get 36 and they go much faster

Last edited by BigDaddy; 02-22-2010 at 12:29 AM.
BigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:21 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 312/261/190

Height: 6'2"

Steph, I feel your pain.

I get 42 points a day and can never eat enough eating healthy. I've been a "member" of WW for almost two years, but I've fallen off a few times, sometimes for 6+ months. Sitting on the couch tonight eating my 2nd 700+ calorie burrito I decided (yet again) that I REALLY gotta do something about it. I'm gonna weigh tomorrow and start fresh again and find healthy high point foods to get me by and I'll start with some of the ideas here.

Thanks for asking this question, it came at just the right time for me.
Behemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:33 PM   #15  
Stephanie

Not a problem. I've done better about getting my points since asking this question. I've lost 10.4 lbs in the first 2 weeks so apparently it is working. Good luck!