Old 02-14-2010, 08:57 AM   #1  
ugggg.....

Default Back in Kindergarten #87

Hello & to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey!

So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke etc. and pull up a chair and join us!

Last edited by jules1216; 02-14-2010 at 09:00 AM.
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 09:05 AM   #2  
ugggg.....

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Not doing anything special since I am married to the most unromantic homebody on the planet, but thats ok, he can plow the snow for me and do other practical stuff.

Happy Birthday to Francie's Fonzo!! Hope you to have all kinds of fun stuff planned for V-day and his Bday!!

Hi to everyone else!!
Old 02-14-2010, 12:54 PM   #3  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Happy Sunday and Valentine's Day!

FRANCIE...I do send out V-day cards once in a while and the sad thing...I actually bought some early but forgot to send them, lol. Did that with the Thanksgiving cards as well. But then Nov I had an excuse with my dad dying and me having to go there, sort of. Anyway...hope you and Fonzo have a fabulous V-day and birthday!

JULES...thank you for starting a new thread! I'm not doing anything today either, well not for V-day. Hubby is working so I thought I would too...been getting laundry done, bedding changed, and a few breaks in between. Now to dust and vacuum. Seems I don't get much done when baby is here. And daughter is slacking in her cleaning for me, lol.

Hello to everyone else!

Just thought I would stop by and say Hi...procrastinating again, lol. At least I got a good start. And whatever I don't get done today will do tomorrow...baby will be home tomorrow. Love my baby but also love my breaks, just not too many in between!

Have a great Sunday, all!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 02:26 PM   #4  
ugggg.....

Cristina--shoveled out my Mom's car which she has given to me. Started shoveling a path to the compst pile. They are actually calling for another up to 5 inches starting midnight tonight and going into tomorrow. I am so ready to be back at work...actually getting pretty stressed about not getting in to get the stuff I REALLY need to get done. I have started walking the driveway at least once a day. Would like to do twice--once in the morning and again in the evening. I am so out of shape. Dominic is here so my house is a wreck, but I sure do miss him when he's not here.

well off to go play some more!!
Old 02-14-2010, 07:15 PM   #5  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Jules~This place is very tiny!!! I didn't even see an ellipitcal machine. And there didnt seem to be any room to do any yoga. It looked to be just the circut stuff.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:14 AM   #6  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day. We arrived home after midnight last night. Our area had lots of snow piled up, but we had our builder clear our drive-way. Then this morning...more snow falling. Now DH is clearing the porches. What a downer...yesterday high 60's at the beach, today 22 and SNOW.
BUT..boy did my bed feel good.
Of course, I have laundry and ironing to do, groceries to buy and mom to pick up...so my day is full.

I will catch up with you all later.

Last edited by suetalks; 02-15-2010 at 11:15 AM.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 01:59 PM   #7  
One day at a time

Happy Monday!

SUE...glad to see you back.

JULES...I saw a picture of your driveway and man...that would be a GREAT workout...thinking the hill would kill me! We were supposed to get snow yesterday and I am so glad that we didn't, sick of the stuff. But couldn't even imagine trying to get around in all that you guys got! Hope you were able to get to work!

SUSAN...hugs lady :hugs: Hope you are doing fine with Rach going off to Utah. She'll be okay and so will you. It's hard when our kids go off, we want them to always be near.

Hi to everyone else

Supposed to be in the 30's here but with the wind blowing as hard as it is makes for a very cold day. So...went to the mall to walk. Didn't really feel like it but I did it anyway...have to keep telling myself to just do it! Getting ready to do a dvd and some weights. Weight is back down to 194, yay.

On my way home from the mall decided to stop in at Toy's R Us, lol. They were having this deal if you buy one Fisher Price toy you get one free. Of course it had to be of equal value or less so little baby got some toys today, lol. I am confused though. I got this rocking horse and they had two different ones. Well, they were the same horse but one was a pink and the other in yellow and blue but the pink one was $5 higher...doesn't make sense to me that the pink toys are $5 higher. It's not just that either-weird. So she got the horse and a dog that sings, has the ABC's, something for the ear, heart etc. I am all about the learning toys. Blah, blah, blah...better quit yaking and get to work. Need to vacuum and take something out for dinner.

Have a GREAT Monday all! Hugs
Old 02-15-2010, 06:37 PM   #8  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

I joined Curves, and went around twice. It was pretty awesome!! The machines have hydraulics in them, which is nice. I felt a little burn in my legs after the 2nd round. Everyone is so nice too. When I was waiting for Fonzo to pick me up (he joined 24 hour fitness and was taking forever to get me)..everyone was like.."do you need a ride home?" It was nice, but made me feel stupid cuz of him, lol!! I go back on wed to get measured and work out more. I'm really glad I joined!!! OH...Fonzo joined 24 hours fitness. And I might be able to use the pool there. He's gonna check. I hope I can..it would be cool to take a water aerobics class.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 06:39 PM   #9  
ugggg.....

Cristina---Dominic has the doggie---ours is possessed--it randomly starts playing when nobody is even close to it. The kids sent it to my house when they were still living together at the apartment. It doesn't scare me. Sigh...I wouldn't know about buying pink toys. The hill does kill me, hubby told me I don't need a treadmill go out and do the hill. It snowed here, about an inch...I really didn't need that, so no hill today.

Sue--Snow is now a four letter word...it's bad....very, very bad..... It looks like we will be making our way to Indiana in June (if I have any vacation days left after using it on those days with the bad word) Jerry's Dad had some bladder problems, found some tumors and he is doing radiation. He wants to go out for a visit.

Francie--yay for you joining the gym!!! We had to move everything from the center area to do the "class" but I enjoyed it even if the teacher was a little too "earth mother" for me.

well..hubby calls...

Last edited by jules1216; 02-15-2010 at 06:41 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:47 AM   #10  
I can dream, can't I?

Happy Hump Day!!
We had a wonderful day at the Cancer Center yesterday. Mom's tests came back and her blood disorder is NOT cancer. Praise be to God.

Today I am ironing.....ugh, ugh and more ugh.

Sounds like everyone is exercising and doing great here. I have to get on it...but first to catch up on everything else. I am really tired today...worn out, but it always happens a few days after I travel. Comes crashing down. I slept late and should feel rested.

Jules, where do you go in IN. I am sure you have said but I forget.
Cristina, stay away from the toy store...lol...j/k. Lily is adorable. I haven't seen Mason since we got home and I am having baby withdrawal.
Francie- Way to go with Curves. I am thinking about trying out our local one...
Susan, Sorry about your DD moving away...*sigh* Why do they feel the need to get away from the nest? Can't be that they want to test their independence?? She will do fine...she is your daughter and you taught her well. (this was my mantra when my kids flew the coop)
Old 02-17-2010, 04:31 PM   #11  
kitty Momo

I am not exercising Sue! lol I am thinking of it though,counts, huh? Good news about your mother!

Happy Belated to Fonzo! And happy to hear you like CURVES Francie, my mom did it for a few years and liked it.

My wi was 155 this morning, just stalled....again. I got my state refund but I am waiting for my federal to get the treadmill.

Becky had drama w/ her bf over the weekend, she cried for 4 hrs Saturday night talking to him. Kept me up,,,,my heart was broken for her but they seem to have mended whatever it was that kept them apart for V day. She just laid in bed all day Sunday staring at her cell and texting. It was soooo depressing. lol

Cristina - is the horse in the FB photo?? Soooooo cute.

Jules - thanks for the new thread. Your place w/ all the snow looks so pretty. It is warm here and think I will bring out the mower later today to work in the yard. lol Rub that in.....hehe.

Nothing new here.......kids are giving me a slow death, hate work,Gaby is pre teen. Think after 2 yrs I need a date and have adult conversation or at least sex,,,who needs the talk??? lmbo. jk....

k- better go get the gabster..
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 06:34 PM   #12  
One day at a time

Hello, all...

SUSAN...you always make me smile UGH! So jealous, lawn mower talk, I can't wait for lawn mower weather!

JULES...I agree about the four letter word stuff! So tired of it, that and this wind we are having. Of course today was nice for once. Yeah, the dog is goofy...twice today and once yesterday it said "I love you" and then "Hug me" and no one was near it...of course I just laughed.

SUE...GREAT news about your mom!

FRANCIE...WTG on joining curves!

Sorry for the short post...gotta save some energy for FB, lol. I am pooped today for some reason. Must be the walking and the stinking DVD I did yesterday...it was a killer! Anyway...later chickies!
Old 02-17-2010, 07:13 PM   #13  
ugggg.....

Cristina--It's a great big colorful world out there....so your doggie is possessed too. Ours randomly started singing the other day and Dominic's eyes got all big and looked at me and we both started laughing...

SuzyQ--Becky has been wiht her bf for awhile hasn't she. Have you heard from Rach? Happy Bday to Gaby my hero!! Sure rub in the whole lawn mower thing....

SUe--you know Jerry's Dad was in Noblesville but they sold the house and moved into a townhome, but I am not sure where exactly....I will have to call. Glad about your mom!!

Well my Dad is moving to an apartment in the town my mom lives..she says he better not make her crazy!! It will be helping pack next week and the big move a week from Sunday...yuck....
Old 02-17-2010, 08:05 PM   #14  
I can dream, can't I?

Jules...We are very close to Noblesville...go through there when we go to DH's sis' house. Did your DH ever live here or grow up here?

Susan- Sorry I could have sworn I saw you exercising. LMBO

Cristina- Too funny about the possessed dog. When my grandson was small I bought a boy doll that did all sorts of cute things and had tools, etc. Grandson opened the package, the doll started talking, he threw it across the room and screamed. I don't think he ever played with it. We certainly got a big laugh though.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:21 AM   #15  
RosieKate

By some strange miracle, I weighed in at 169.5 on Monday...but it will be hard to make it last because the $^#&) girl scout cookies are here and I hear the thin mints calling my name. I'm proud of DD for the great job she is doing with it, but geez they are hard to have around the house!

I have to do some online work for my class, PLUS I started a project for the Knitting Olympics. I prefer to think this is a good thing that will help me focus on my time management for the next two weeks, but really I am just a glutton for punishment, lol!

Sounds like everyone is well, and digging out of the four letter word. Dare I mention that my daffodils bloomed yesterday? It appears that spring has sprung here, but it is February still, and we have been known to get freaky weather here..so I am not counting my daffodils just yet.

Have a great day everyone!

K