Old 02-10-2010, 05:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 150.7/131/125

Height: 5'2

Default Counting Calories - Need help

So I have been counting calories for about 2 weeks now and excercising daily. I have lost 5lbs and feel more toned. My dilema is that I am allowing myself 1300 calories a day and counting them like crazy. I am finding that I after dinner I still have anywhere from 200 -450 calories left. My question is where should I be fitting these in.. Bigger breakfast? Lunch?? I currently do breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner and another snack aroung 7pm.. If anyone has any advice please share
tripletmomplus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

I would suggest eating more calories at breakfast or a serving of nuts during the day (high calorie, but very healthy). Almonds are my favorite. I aim for about 300 calories at breakfast.
Kristi78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Is there any time during the day when you are really anticipating your next feed?

And I have no qualms about eating again at bedtime. A 9 pm snack?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:38 PM   #4  
Eat Petite!

S/C/G: 307/253/157

Height: 5' 6"

I wouldn't add calories to your current day unless you are feeling hungry or you are finding that you are lacking something nutritionally. Keep your goal calories the same, eat up to that amount, letting your days fluctuate depending on your hunger level. There will be holidays, special occasions and dinners out that you may allow yourself perhaps 1500 calories, then all those lower than goal calories are then "saved" towards it. I pay more attention to my monthly average that I do my daily calories.

One interesting method I read that one lady was doing many years ago was to figure her calories for the entire month and subtract her daily total from that number. This allowed her have her days fluctuate according to her social schedule. I thought it sounded like fun, but one has to be careful not to play games with it, otherwise the last few days of the month could be way to low to exist on.
three herring is offline   Reply With Quote