Old 02-08-2010, 08:37 AM   #1  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

Default LAWL Friends & Losers Feb 8-14

Morning all.
Hope everyone had a good weekend. Ours was spent relaxing and being lazy. it was nice.
up and back at it this morning, workout done and ready for the day. the next 2wks are going to be a bit crazy/lonely since DH will be working non-stop. and he's only going to get busier as the deployment date approaches.

anyways, hope everyone has a great start to the week!

Last edited by JLem311; 02-08-2010 at 08:41 AM.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:21 AM   #2  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Jillian - my weekend was like that as well. super lazy and relaxing

But it was def. nice! I didn't leave the house at all on Saturday!
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:35 PM   #3  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Okay, am I going to be fit or fat??? That is the question.
I am commiting myself to 30 minutes of exercise 5 days this week. Anyone else want to join me in my weekly goal?
No excuses!!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:53 PM   #4  
WonderWoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoochie View Post
Okay, am I going to be fit or fat??? That is the question.
I am commiting myself to 30 minutes of exercise 5 days this week. Anyone else want to join me in my weekly goal?
No excuses!!

Joan
i'm always in Joan! let's do it!
Old 02-08-2010, 01:16 PM   #5  
love it or lose it

S/C/G: 210/209/150

Height: 5'2"

Joan I am planning on doing 5 days a week! I did it last week and did this morning so I am starting the week good so far.

Also trying to get myself back on plan. Didn't do too hot last week, but starting back up today!

I had a wake up call this past weekend that helped with my motivation.
shortandfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 03:14 PM   #6  
Arkantana

S/C/G: 169/151.6/130

Height: 5'7

I'm in too Joan. I have been skipping out on the exercise here lately and it's time to get back on track, especially after the Super Bowl snacks.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I'm thinking about weighing in the morning but just hate being disappointed with the number. I have went from a 12 to a 10 in jeans and feel smaller but dang those numbers! Just once I'd like to get on the scale and see a whole 5 lbs like on TBL. Reality sucks!

My job has been a nightmare for a while now and has began to affect my personal life with the stress and all so I've decided to let it go. It's just not worth it. I have had more sickness since the stress increased than I care to think about. I'm relieved to start seeing the light at the end of the tunnell
Arkantana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:34 AM   #7  
Start date 1/6/10 - Gold

S/C/G: 195/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

OH I can't wait to be in a 12 again! I miss my Lucky Jeans. I visit them hanging in the closet , lol.

I am trying to do the workout thing as best I can...I know that if I could do more aerobic stuff I would progress faster. But my foot/ankle is just not back to normal...grrrrr. So doing steps and walking will have to do for the moment.
MrsSassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:08 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/182/125

Well my weekend was pretty relaxing too bad its over. I did good on plan all weekend but I slipped up yesterday. I'm not going to beat myself up over it I'll just start back on plan today.

I really want to start working out but I did something to my neck, not sure what but, it is killing me. I think I'm going to have to go see the doctor to get it checked out.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday!
Christina2629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:30 AM   #9  
Joan

Well I walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes last night on an incline of 3. Then I did weights and some squats for 10 minutes. It felt great! I am so glad to be getting back on track.
Day 1 of exercise for this week complete.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:33 AM   #10  
WonderWoman

great job on the exercise Joan!
i'm going on almost 8 months of consecutive exercise (5 day/week, of course) but it's wonderful once you make it a daily part of your life.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:38 AM   #11  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Hi all - busy at work, so I'm just dropping in.

Down a pound, so that's at least something! I'm loving the routine of going to the gym 5x/week, strangely enough. I don't have class this Wed, so I get to go to the exercise class I like, Yay!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:26 AM   #12  
Joan

Thanks Jillian! One day at a time!

Kim- You know I thought about joining a gym again but I have so much equipment at home. I have thought about doing a few drop in deep water aquasize classes and I would really like to try a spinning class. Drop in classes are 5 dollars a session if I go thru the City of Calgary classes. Do you use the equipment and go to classes at the gym you go to?

Right now I will see if I can stay committed at home. I know I can do it! I am so tired of how my body looks. I weighed myself this morning and I am back up to 171 so my goal is 160 right now.

Okay I will catch up later, have a great day everyone!

Joan
Old 02-09-2010, 04:18 PM   #13  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Joan - I had to quit my old gym when I changed jobs because it was waaay out of the way for me. I waited a long time before finally deciding to join the gym that is 3 minutes from my house, no more excuses, LOL. I do love it, right now I only go to classes. Last winter I had a trainer, which I kind of liked, because I got to use the equipment without feeling out of place ("Hey, I'm cool, I'm with a trainer.." kind of thing). But, I never felt like I was actually working all that hard with her. I should have told her to work me harder, but I just ended my sessions and never re-scheduled anything with her. I do like the cardio equipment too, but they are MOBBED right now with people because my gym is doing a "biggest loser" thing. There is a big variety of classes, including a weight training one, so for now I am good. The only time I don't feel like I am getting my money's worth is during golf season, because I will always choose to golf over going to the gym (as in, I will golf 4-5 times per week. and sometimes I get a cart.)

Still haven't mustered up the courage to try spin. I think I would really like it, though. I know that Barbara loves it.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 04:58 PM   #14  
Arkantana

S/C/G: 169/151.6/130

Height: 5'7

Kim- You might be suprised to see how many calories you burn in an hour of golf. You should Google it, I think it's around 300 calories an hour if you use a cart.

I did 45 min on the treadmill last night with 3 lb hand weights (for 10 min). I had my DD load my MP3 with lots of hip hop and I find myself dancing on the treadmill on most songs and running when a heavy metal song come on, unless there are two in a row, of course It makes exercising more fun as long as nobody is watching.

I also bought a new scale today since mine gave me three different weights this morning (all within 5 min). I will weigh again in the morning to see where I'm at.

Jennifer
Arkantana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:48 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Jennifer, A new scale sounds like it is a good idea.

Kim, I love spin class because it burns a lot of calories and doesn't make my feet hurt. I just went to an online calorie calculator and put in running at 5mph (which is likely faster than I can do right now, at least for an entire hour) and vigourous spinning and the running was 748 calories and the spinning was 1006 calories.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote