Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 01:33 PM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink IP Monthly Chat February 2010 (continued)

Thanks for continuing here.... you ladies ROCK !!

Continued from...
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...-february.html

Leenie
Old 02-12-2010, 01:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Thanks Leenie!

Gosh, another thread already! Boy is IP rocking'!!
Old 02-12-2010, 01:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

Ogdog13, I live in the Pacific Northwest, but I don't usually buy my Choplets or Vegetable Steaks at the local store. A tin there costs $8! I buy a case at a time through Amazon. Using their Subscribe and Save subscription service, I don't have to pay for shipping, so it works out to $3.95 per tin. Each tin lasts for several meals, so the price is pretty good.

You're probably not going to want to buy a whole case if you haven't tried them yet. I'd be happy to send you a tin -- as a thank you for putting up all those great recipes!
Old 02-12-2010, 02:02 PM   #4  
RJC

S/C/G: 250/235/225

Height: 6'0

Well down 3 pounds this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Staying steady!

Week 3 coming up I fell like I'm in a really good groove right now....exercising as much as did before starting IP (4-6/week) and finding exactly what IP foods I enjoy and swapping out those I don't .

I'm moved from the ranch dressing to just lemon on the salads. With the sea salt I'm really enjoying the flavor.

Only side effects I've had was a massive headache early in week one. Since then I'm never hungry, have plenty of energy, and no other symptoms.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:11 PM   #5  

Default Torchlaker

Blair.com has some nice tankini's that provide good belly coverage and I think you can order the boy shorts separate from the tankini top. With you weighing 150 ish, I bet you may want a size 8. You could order an 8 and a 10 and see which you like best. I have 4 or 5 different prints of these suits and they are well made and hold up good too. At 200 lbs I wear a 14 snugly. I am 5'9", I hope this helps.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:16 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC View Post
Well down 3 pounds this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Staying steady!

Week 3 coming up I fell like I'm in a really good groove right now....exercising as much as did before starting IP (4-6/week) and finding exactly what IP foods I enjoy and swapping out those I don't .

I'm moved from the ranch dressing to just lemon on the salads. With the sea salt I'm really enjoying the flavor.

Only side effects I've had was a massive headache early in week one. Since then I'm never hungry, have plenty of energy, and no other symptoms.
You are doing great! It does not seem to be slowing your weight loss to exercise. I have been on the plan 4 weeks and have not exercised too much. I lifted weights a couple times and felt good doing it but felt like my muscles were holding water while they healed. I have walked a few times. I really need to get moving.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:19 PM   #7  

Yummy! New favorite pudding. The vanilla pudding tastes like rice pudding. It is so good with cinnamon in it.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:37 PM   #8  
Brenda1980

S/C/G: 164/139/130

Height: 5'6"

I just had a big test on day #4- a work potluck that I helped organize. It was a healthy potluck for our healthy living focus week, but it was still tough. I love things like hummus and tomato soup and that's what was there. BUT, I was good. I brought my shaker of butterscotch pudding, a cup of fennel bulb, and I was good to go.

One thing that is hard is that people really don't get it and I don't like having to explain it and getting weird looks and people thinking it's drastic and not healthy. It's a LOT healthier than the way most of us eat every day. The social pressure to eat is real. I'll probably get more of it tonight when I go to game night at a friend's house. I wish people were more supportive and less judgemental or apt to try to pull me off the wagon.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:45 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birman View Post
Ogdog13, I live in the Pacific Northwest, but I don't usually buy my Choplets or Vegetable Steaks at the local store. A tin there costs $8! I buy a case at a time through Amazon. Using their Subscribe and Save subscription service, I don't have to pay for shipping, so it works out to $3.95 per tin. Each tin lasts for several meals, so the price is pretty good.

You're probably not going to want to buy a whole case if you haven't tried them yet. I'd be happy to send you a tin -- as a thank you for putting up all those great recipes!
Interesting...tins huh? Can you taste the tinny flavor from the tin? I avoid aluminum products because I can taste the tinny flavor. I'm used to Quorn products. Have you had quorn?
Old 02-12-2010, 02:48 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenda1980 View Post
I just had a big test on day #4- a work potluck that I helped organize. It was a healthy potluck for our healthy living focus week, but it was still tough. I love things like hummus and tomato soup and that's what was there. BUT, I was good. I brought my shaker of butterscotch pudding, a cup of fennel bulb, and I was good to go.

One thing that is hard is that people really don't get it and I don't like having to explain it and getting weird looks and people thinking it's drastic and not healthy. It's a LOT healthier than the way most of us eat every day. The social pressure to eat is real. I'll probably get more of it tonight when I go to game night at a friend's house. I wish people were more supportive and less judgemental or apt to try to pull me off the wagon.
Hang in there Brenda! Most people don't seem to understand. You'll find people on here switch their dinners for lunch and so they don't have to deal with the workplace judgement. Or they just eat the cereal at lunch because it looks like cereal instead of a packet. We're here for you and we understand!
Old 02-12-2010, 02:58 PM   #11  

You can also sprinkle the soy nuts on a nice salad and no one will even know you're eating IP food
Old 02-12-2010, 03:13 PM   #12  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

I like the sour cream and onion puffs on salad as well, like little croutons!!!
Old 02-12-2010, 03:15 PM   #13  
RJC

S/C/G: 250/235/225

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenda1980 View Post
The social pressure to eat is VERY real. Some people just don't get it....I try to limit my exposure to those types!
Old 02-12-2010, 03:15 PM   #14  
Brenda1980

S/C/G: 164/139/130

Height: 5'6"

Thank you, ladies! I will see how bad the "pressure" gets at work and maybe swap around my meals accordingly. That's a good idea. Then I'll just have to deal with funny looks from my husband and not the whole staff of my office.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:16 PM   #15  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Default Family Picturse

By the way I think the goal of family pictures rocks, my son is 10 months and we took xmas family pictures in Nov so now I am gonna get retakes when I am at goal, cause I only started in NOv!
Closed Thread