Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 02-05-2010, 12:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 329lbs

Height: 5 ft 4

Smile newbie here starting my journey with wls

Hi there ive just found this site, and im really pleased to have joined...

Im 25 female and i live in the uk, im having a gastric band fitted on the 10th february 2010 5days to go "aahhhhhh" and im so so nervous but its something that i need to do, ive been overweight all my life and now at my heaviest of 329lb and its taking its tole on my body and also i have a 1 year old son and im fed up of not being the best possible mommy i could be due to my weight! At the moment im on a pre-op liver shrinking diet where im only allowed 1200cals a day no fat or sugar! im finding it really hard as im sat here my tummy is burning with hunger, a feeling im not used to lol! anyways i just wanted to say hello and hope i get to know you all as im in need of a lot of support my will power is not that great!!! People who have had this procedure i would be really grateful of any tips or guidance you have to give!!! xxx
cheekycherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:48 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

Wow!!!! your banding is just a few days away!!!!! have you tried warm liquids to tame that 'gotta eat' feeling? tea and i are VERY good friends!

i'm not banded [gastric bypass], but we have others who can offer you EXCELLENT wisdom - they'll be around - PROMISE!!!

in the meantime, welcome aboard!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:21 AM   #3  
Fairy Princess

S/C/G: 396/220/200

Height: 5'11"

Welcome, definately.

It's sort of hard to guess what people may need to know before hand, but be sure that should you have any questions or issues, people here I'm sure will be eager to help you out.

Thinking back to my own banding the most important thing I did was do everything my surgeon told me to in the weeks afterwards. There were days that I -really- didn't want to do the walking that he suggested I do daily, but thankfully I have a fantastic roomate and he nagged me about it just enough to be constructive. It's a hard few weeks the weeks before and just after surgery.. but they'll be over before you know it.
azhriaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 05:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 329lbs

Height: 5 ft 4

thankyou so much for your replys i will keep you updated 4 days to go...... yay....
cheekycherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:38 AM   #5  

Welcome Cheekycherry. I'm from the UK too and wanting to go for WLS. Can I ask are you getting it on the NHS? And how long do you do the liver-shrinking diet?

I wish you the best of luck for the op. Be sure and keep us updated. I will be looking forward to your comments.

TheTigz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:58 PM   #6  
Pertnear Domestic Goddess

S/C/G: 250/133/125 RNY5/11/09

Height: 5'3

Good luck to you and much success on your weightloss
GinaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:54 AM   #7  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

oh your banding is today. best of luck to you!
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 04:44 PM   #8  
So tired

S/C/G: 309/294/less

Height: 5'2"

Yes, good luck! Hope everything went well.
30and300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:56 AM   #9  

Hello, I am also from the Europe, and got my lap band in September. Dont know anything about how it works :-) because my doctor refuses to fill it in and he did not give me any booklet what to eat so dont take my advices :-)

I think you sholud concentrate on food that is low in calories and big in volume, that will fill you up. I shold do the same. I made a plan starting from today - I will cut the carbonates for 7 days because after that I dont feel hunger what so ever! For 5 days I dont pay attention on calories or anything just eating proteins and vegetables, and after I loose the feeling of the hugeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee hunger, than I can stick to the calories.

That is my idea, but dont do anything you doctor did not tell you, because I did not put it in a few days ago as you are!

When are you going for a first check up? What he told you to eat?

I am not sure can you eat mixed fruit or not but mango is low in calories and can make you full. Also - pear with some greek yogurt, mixed, and some apple with yogurt...it sounds so - so but it fills you! Put some Natreen in it, and it will be good.

Its great that you have joined us.
nomena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:57 AM   #10  

At the start - you will only drink ! My post is for the after...!
nomena is offline   Reply With Quote