Old 02-08-2010, 12:38 PM   #1  
Loser :-)

S/C/G: 273/251/175

Height: 5ft8

Default Curse you Superbowl Food!!

I thought I had "this" fairly well under control. This being control of my eating. My birthday is past, Christmas Eve, Christmas and New Years are past...then comes our first Secular Holy-day of the year which in America means..."WE EAT!" There were deli sandwiches, brownie bites, all manners of chips and dip, veggies and dip, dip and dip.

I started out in control but it went downhill from there. I just don't do well with free range grazing!! I opted for a plate of veggies and dip. I had a little dip left over on my plate and thought..."I shouldn't waste that...I'll just have one Frito to sop it up." I guess Fritos and Ranch dressing might be a trigger food. I know I never buy that glorified crack because I will eat.it.until.it.is.gone. And I did. I ate a bunch, way too much to even track. Frito's, ranch dressing, sandwich, brownies, veggies. I even ate Doritos (which I HATE) because they were there.

Humorously, I weighed myself yesterday morning and jumped for joy at 261.5...down 9.5 lbs...Whoo Hoo. Then I crapped on all my goodness by losing control. I know I didn't likely gain back 9 lbs of fat but could very likely be waaaaay back up there from the sodium. I'm avoiding the scale for a few days to stave of the "What the F' did I do?" panic eating that often accompanies a fall off the wagon. I'll weigh myself Wed or Thurs after I eat nice and clean and controlled for a few days.

There was one high point...I didn't touch a drop of the 2 cases of really good beer in the fridge sticking to Coke Zero instead. I was driving and had my son with me so I had to. If I wasn't driving and had been kid~free I'd probably have lost all will power there too.

I really don't need advice, I know what I need to do (and am doing it already) lots of water today, back on the bandwagon, log what I eat, get some exercise. I just felt like a good whine! Waaahhhh!

Last edited by Michelle98272; 02-08-2010 at 12:38 PM.
Michelle98272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 251/see ticker/175

Height: 5'11"

Hahahahah I am in the same boat....I did weigh myself this morning..up four pounds! I knew I had to weigh myself to see what the damage was and so that I can get back on track....I am sticking to water and clean foods for the next few days and tracking and exercising.
Summer2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:50 PM   #3  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

That happened to me A LOT over Christmas/New years... JUST A BITE turned into a freaking free for all... and landed me at 225 lbs!!!! The sodium killed me and I felt like crap.

What helped me was remembering how gross it felt to be full of that gross food... and how bad of gas I got and how gross my mouth felt and just how GROSS it was to binge and binge. That stopped me pretty quickly.

You CAN conquer this... and you will. You are stronger than a nasty old dorrito
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:51 PM   #4  
It's OK to be hungry

S/C/G: 297/T/170

Height: 5'3"

How frustrating! At least you know what you need to do to get back on track!

I didn't eat TOO bad yesterday, but I did go over my points a little... Stepped on the scale this morning and had gained 2 lbs. ugh. Really?
roxmysox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:51 PM   #5  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 160/150/130

Height: 5'5

this is not related to weight loss but im from New Orleans! OUR SAINTS WON!!!!!
chubbyteenmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:12 PM   #6  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

This is why I've been avoiding all social events where I know I'll go nuts. Last week it was a pizza party at work and a superbowl party. I watched it at home with hubby and had 2 tacos and beans for dinner.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 290/270/135

Height: 5'6"

I did indulge a bit more than I anticipated at the party. But luckily, I had saved up most of my Flex points and ate within those. I stepped on the scale this morning dreading a gain, at least from sodium. But I actually lost .2, woo-hoo. I just told myself that I would not be angry with whatever happened and in letting myself relax, I was able to think through everything. It also helps that I had 10 carrots, a grapefruit, and a yogurt before I went
Jaimie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:26 PM   #8  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

I feel you. I feel like I lost my sanity over the weekend. I didn't binge on Superbowl food but it was my sister's birthday party and I think I pretty much made it a weekend-long event! I ate horrid, drank alcohol (which I don't normally drink) and hardly consumed any H2O. And, wow do I feel like crud today! Not mention my scale jumped 6.2 lbs!!! YIKES! I'm pounding the water today like nobody's business...
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:31 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimie View Post
I did indulge a bit more than I anticipated at the party. But luckily, I had saved up most of my Flex points and ate within those. I stepped on the scale this morning dreading a gain, at least from sodium. But I actually lost .2, woo-hoo. I just told myself that I would not be angry with whatever happened and in letting myself relax, I was able to think through everything. It also helps that I had 10 carrots, a grapefruit, and a yogurt before I went
I should have not gone with an empty tummy!! My plan was (well, I'd didn't have a plan) to eat a little bit of whatever was there. Instead I ate a lotta bit of all of it.

One good thing I just thought of....On Christmas day I ate so much I wanted to vomit, literally felt so full I was going to barf but couldn't...the can't breath, can't sit down, have to put on sweats, ate too much...Yesterday, I atleast stopped at full instead of keeping going. I guess that is a small victory!
Old 02-08-2010, 01:32 PM   #10  

Default Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbyteenmom View Post
this is not related to weight loss but im from New Orleans! OUR SAINTS WON!!!!!
I don't watch football really, just went to the party to be sociable but I guess it's a pretty big deal to win the SuperBowl! Congrats to your team!
Old 02-08-2010, 01:42 PM   #11  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I definitely ate worse yesterday and I'm feeling it today in that I am CRAVING bad things! I hate this!

I was only up .8 pounds this morning, so that is good, but yesterday I was elated to finally maybe have broken a plateau. I'll be darned if I go back up again!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:52 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliana View Post
I definitely ate worse yesterday and I'm feeling it today in that I am CRAVING bad things! I hate this!

I was only up .8 pounds this morning, so that is good, but yesterday I was elated to finally maybe have broken a plateau. I'll be darned if I go back up again!
I woke up ravenously hungry this am. I wonder if my pseudo-binge yesterday did a number on my blood sugar that will take a few days to repair? I haven't been this hungry in weeks! I don't care the reason why I'm thinking of eating anything/everything, I'm not giving in to it. I ate a bowl of oatmeal made with Old Fashioned Oats (the long cook kind) 1 tbs raisins, 1 tbs chopped pecans, 1/2 packet of splenda and topped with 4 oz of plain greek yogurt. Healthy, tasty and good for me. This past week a breakfast of that would have held me until noon.

I'm going to have a cup of green tea and stick to my plan to eat clean and healthy.

Last edited by Michelle98272; 02-08-2010 at 01:52 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:35 PM   #13  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Good for you 'cause I'm eating crap. LOL! Small amounts of crap, but still crap. I ate a 25 calorie Laffy Taffy to curb the need for sweet, but that just made me sickish. I don't even like Laffy Taffy! What's that about? LOL!

I need to treat this like day one, don't I? I think I'll take a page from your book on this one.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 03:34 PM   #14  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

I made the guys hot wings and a few dips and chips but guess what I had for snacking? Some yogurt, an apple, and a plate of veggies with NO dip. I have been there/done that...you know, eating until I felt like crap. Then feeling like crap for the next couple of days, and loathing myself, and seeing a gain, and knowing it will take at least 2 days to undo the damage...yada, yada. Lets just say, after a while you will learn from your indulgences, and if they are really worth it. One thing I do now, (I didn't use to, but read it as advice here at 3FC a long time ago) is to STOP and think about how I will feel in a few hours if/when I start to chow down. Stop and really think about all the frustration and grief I would suffer, then decide if it is really worth it. The answer is almost always NO, (unless there is *my* homemade cheesecake involved ) You know, if you are going to indulge, make damn sure it's something evil delicious!
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 03:58 PM   #15  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'3.5''

I'm in agreement with Lori...just not worth it...but I might go for a piece of that evil cheesecake once in a while.
marigrace is offline   Reply With Quote