View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 11:15 AM   #8
BeachBreeze2010
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

I understand being scared to crow about your changes. It is awkward sometimes around people that don't know you as well. Your close friends will probably be interested in what you are making and proud of you for taking care of yourself. If they aren't, well, that's another story altogether.

Those aquaintances that can be judgemental are difficult. So far, I will admit that I have side stepped a lot of questions and comments. Eventually when I have lost more, I won't be able to do that. We will have to face it at some point as we continue to successfully lose weight. When we chose to confront that is up to our own comfort levels, but as most things in life, it's probably better to do it sooner than later. So, the next time someone asks me why I have an exercise bike in my living room or makes a comment that I am wearing a shirt they haven't seen me wear in a while, I will be forthcoming. The next time it will be easier! I can do this! You can too!

HW: 225, lost 75lbs in 2011 LW: 150
Losing again starting from 210 5/9/2017

No words of widsom. After years of reflection and dieting, I still don't have this thing figured out.
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote