Old 02-08-2010, 06:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Default Accountability, exercise, menu, etc - week of Feb. 8

Hi!!

Want a place to write your menu and exercise, some accountability or for a chat - please feel free to join in.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:45 AM   #2  

Hi folks - yesterday was a good food day - I am so grateful.

DH came home from the store with dark chocolate and tons of olives for the super bowl party. After a panic - I decided that I would eat that stuff later in the week. My cousins brought all kinds of foods (they weren't going to bring anything). I stayed away from it all - until my cousin made microwave popcorn and actually put a small bowl of it in my lap! I did eat it - but, still stayed in my calorie range for the day. So - I am grateful for that.

for today;
breakfast - grits with 2% cheese, clementine
lunch - turkey & lite cheese on lite bread with lite mayo, cauliflower and parm cheese
snack - yogurt and fiber one
dinner - white bean and chicken chili, corn bread, veggies
snack - cereal, 1/2 banana, skim milk

I hope everyone has a GREAT on plan day.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 252/210/145

Height: 5' 4"

Need to bear down and really get to work this week. Finally over the crappy cold, so I feel like I'm in charge of my body again.

Today - headed to the Y in 15 minutes for interval training.
B - two slices wheat bread with peanut butter, coffee - 250
L - turkey sandwich with lettuce and tomato, orange - 250
S - chicken and vegetable stir-fry, fiber bar - 330
S - cereal with skim milk - 200
200 calories where needed - if needed.
traci in training is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 297/257/184

Height: 6'0"

Good morning ladies! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! OK - I think I'm seriously coming down with the cold this time! Ugh. I hardly slept because my throat hurt so bad. I'm going to have to really stay strong. I'm not looking forward to this at all...hopefully it will be short-lived.

Today:
Weigh in at Weight Watchers!
b - apple, lite coconut milk, cereal - 5
s - yogurt, banana - 6
l - spinach ravioli in lite alfredo sauce - 6
s - orange - 1
d - Chicken Tortas - 8
s - whole wheat macaroons - 4

Exercise: Walk to WW meeting (60 minutes roundtrip)
brandijune44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:28 AM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

I drug out my food journal from 2 yrs ago when I was actively losing weight. I am eating so different now..time to get back at it.
breakfast 1 whole egg and 1 eggwhite half orange
snack- 2 ounces of tuna and fruit
lunch - grilled chicken and 1 1/2 cup of veggies half of a potato
snack- 2 oz of tuna and a half baked potato(1/2cup)
dinner- 3 ounces of chicken and 2cup of veggies and 1/2 cup of a carb
snack- a few grapes
This worked wonders for me before...how have I gotten so far off track?? I will still be counting calories and also ww points.

Last edited by dgramie; 02-08-2010 at 07:52 PM.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:59 AM   #6  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

Ahhh, I was leaning over my boss's desk and my back just started KILLIN' me. I can hardly stand up without it hurting... it seems okay when I'm just sitting. Time get out the advil...
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:39 PM   #7  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! Well, my plan for yesterday worked pretty well. I munched on a lot of fresh veggies and light dip before I had any chicken wing dip. By then, I had a little, but no where near what I would have had!

Beverlyjoy--AWESOME job yesterday!!!!

traci--YEA for feeling better!

brandi--I hope you feel better soon!

dgramie--I totally hear you....I was doing so good, then little by little....

rakel--ouch! be careful!!!!

So I had a major "AH HA" moment yesterday. I was texting one of my nieces (she's 16) and thinks it's SO cool that I text both her and her sister. Anyway, she was telling me about how much she and her sister (she's 15) look up to me and consider me a role model. I mean I know they really like spending time w/ me (I'm the "cool" aunt who talks to them about music, school, boys, hair, makeup....), but I NEVER thought of myself as a role model....just their aunt who LOVES spending time w/ them. I REALLY made me think and totally re-(re-re-) focus my health and weight loss goals for myself. I am so proud of them and want to be around for a long, long time.

We are having a "girls day" w/ three of my nieces (12, 15, and 16 y/o) on Sunday....we are doing mani/pedi, facials, make overs....I can't wait and neither can they! They don't know this, but I am putting together little gift bags for them w/ mini nail polishes, fuzzy socks, and other 'girlie' stuff. AND, of course....healthy snacks!

Have a great OP day everyone!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:55 PM   #8  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi all. Well, my knee is much better. I didn't go work out today, just to give it a little more rest. I also seem to be working on a cold too, but I'm going to spin class tomorrow. I will probably be taking it easy, but I still want to be there. I'm trying to do the "mind over matter" on the stuffy nose thing I've got coming on. I am thinking it won't be that bad. Gotta move on and get back in my exercise routine. It makes me much happier!

MJ: We think you are the cool one, too!

Rakel: Hope your back starts feeling better.

dgramie: Sounds like a good plan to get back to what was working!

Brandi: Sorry to hear about the cold. Keep fighting!!

Traci: Good plan! You are ready to take it on now!

Beverly: It sounds like you did pretty good on Superbowl Sunday. Good for you!

Have a great week everyone!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:39 PM   #9  

Hey Chicas,

I'm in all day meetings today and tomorrow. Thankfully I get to decide where we have lunch so I chose places that have the nutritional values online. Superbowl Sunday wasn't too bad. I had a few wings, a big salad and a small piece of cake. Did ok at home alone with the food in the snow. I slept a lot! LOL. Lost 1.6 (?) this week. Had a sleep study last night so no time to exercise this morning. Taking a class tonight so today will be a total miss movement wise.

I'm starting to feel a little sick of writing everything down and having to be so conscious of my eating. Part of my just wants to forget it and eat whatever. The weight loss is so slow. One to two lbs a week will take forever! But I've decided to take it one day at a time and to just do my best. Perhaps it'll become a habit someday and I won't even notice that I'm "dieting".

Have a good day everyone!
soulnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:54 PM   #10  

Height: 5'7"

well I survived day 1....
I will be adding in some dairy from time to time...but I do know my tummy behaves better without dairy.
I can truly say it seemed like I was eating all day long. I am full.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:01 AM   #11  

Hi chicks...

Yesterday was a healthy good day with food and learning to live with food in a long term sane manner. I am so grateful.

Unfortunately my foot/ankle is very very sore. It can be exasperating when this happens. So I am icing it and resting it. I don't have to work until Thursday - I hope it's more managable.

for today:
breakfast - egg white, mushroom and cheese scramble, toast, clementine
lunch - soup, cheese, crackers, veggies
snack - yogurt, fiber bar
dinner - 12 grain pancake, boca bacon, sf syrup, steamed carrots
snack - rice cakes with laughing cow cheese, fruit

I hope you all have a great day!!!!
Old 02-09-2010, 10:49 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 252/210/145

Height: 5' 4"

So yesterday didn't go exactly as planned, but a good day. Didn't have time to get the stir-fry made before work, so I took two leftover crab cakes, two tomatoes, two wasa and a piece of cheese instead. Had some popcorn at work - ended the day at 1470 which is a great Monday.

Today I'm going to ride my bike on the trainer for the first time. RAGBRAI is coming and I have to get my butt on that seat!

B - 2 slices wheat toast with peanut butter
L - big salad with chicken breast
D - turkey sandwich, grapes
S - fiber bar
S - cereal with skim milk
200 calories where needed, if needed.

Beverly - hope your foot feels better soon. I slipped on the ice in the parking lot at work last night and I have a serious pain in my thigh - hope bike riding loosens it up.

dgramie - it all starts with one day. Hope day two goes well!

Diane - just got over a horrible cold so you have my sympathy!
traci in training is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:50 AM   #13  

Hello everyone~

I'm doing just "so, so" this morning. I went home early from work yesterday because of this darn cold. It really made me realize how much I appreciate the structure and schedule of my "new life." I went home around 1pm and was left to sit on the couch and think about what was in the fridge all afternoon/evening. I just felt so sluggish and lazy. I know I need to take it easy since my body's sick, but I can't wait to be back to 100%. Hopefully this won't last long...

dgramie - CONGRATS on being able to get "back to the basics." I'm just amazed day after day at how filling wholesome foods are. Keep up the great work...you are such an inspiration!

rakel - Hope your back is feeling better...yikes!

mj5 - What an amazing aunt...you are so incredible! Those girls are so lucky to have such a wonderful role model in their life and we are so lucky to have such an inspirational source of support. Thank you!

slashnl - Hope you are able to fight that pesky cold! I'm so glad that your knee is feeling better. Hopefully we'll be back to feeling 100% soon...

soulnik - Congrats on your loss AND for staying in control during the snow! Where did you end up eating?

Beverlyjoy - First of all (this has nothing to do with this thread) I just wanted to thank you for your overwhelming support here at the 100 pound club. I am always so inspired reading your posts/threads and just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate you. You are so wise and always have such inspirational words. Second, I hope your foot is feeling better! Get lots of rest before Thursday...

This is what my day looks like:

b - apple, lite coconut milk, cereal - 5
s - yogurt, banana - 6
l - cottage cheese, rice crackers - 3
s - orange - 1
d - Chicken Tortas - 8
s - Whole wheat macaroons - 3

Exercise - 60 minute treadmill/elliptical

HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY EVERYONE!
Old 02-09-2010, 10:56 AM   #14  

Traci - we posted at the same time but wanted to say "Congrats" on your successful day yesterday! Can't wait to feel "in control of my body" again too after this darn cold
Old 02-09-2010, 11:37 AM   #15  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! Ugh, what a super hectic day at work so far. Nothing bad, just lots of oddball stuff happening. Oh well, it will all work out!

Diane--awww, thanks! Hope you are feeling better!

soulnik--Great job on the loss! Good for you for picking where to eat so you can plan!

dgramie--Yippee! Day one down!

Beverlyjoy--I hope your foot/ankle is better.

traci--good for you for adjusting your plan yesterday!

brandi--Good for you for taking care of yourself yesterday. Awww, thanks!

I had a GREAT workout last night. I left the gym feeling energized and so relaxed at the same time. It was sooooo nice!

Then I stopped at the store to pick up a few things we needed for dinner. We were just having sandwiches and when I got home, hubby asked if I bought chips. You know what, I didn't even THINK about getting chips! I knew we had salad and fresh veggies left from the superbowl. Now that's progress! LOL!!!

I am going to the gym again tonight. More cardio today. Next week I want to get back into lifting weights. I am starting to miss it.

Have a great OP day everyone!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote