Old 02-03-2010, 01:12 PM   #1  
Headed for ONEderland

S/C/G: 253/242.5/199<--for now

Height: 5'6"

Smile Stop Wishing and Hoping and Start Deciding and Embracing

Hi All!

I'm not new.. well I haven't been here in about 3 years, but I do know the site and how effective it truly is. I gave myself a SecondGlance and decided it's time to start anew. I have about the same story as many of you have. Lost the weight only to regain. I spent the three years fighting and struggling to keep from gaining all the weight back. Three years feeding myself a defeated message.

I learned something. The only reason I was defeated was because I believed I was. We all make choices and we all have the power to control our lives and how we respond and react to something affecting us. I decided to let the doubts, the sadness, and the defeat take over. I then decided to fill that horrible feeling with food. Key word here is 'DECIDE', so why not decide to defeat your defeated self? We have to believe it's a choice, and have to decide to make the better choice because we deserve it.

I'm looking for some support and to offer support in this life changing decision of living a healthier life. Please if you're interested in getting serious along with me I'd love to get to know you. Together we can make a choice to live each day towards a goal to a healthier, happier, thinner life!
SecondGlance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Hello and welcome back! I completely agree with your statement that weight loss is all about choices. It is so true!

I wish you the best on your weight loss journey!

Cheers,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:29 PM   #3  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 160/150/130

Height: 5'5

Good Luck! We can all offer the support you need to "get the job done"!
chubbyteenmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:38 PM   #4  
Headed for ONEderland

Thanks very much!

Today I'm feeling really excited and determined. I'm actually going to grill a chicken breast to top a salad for lunch, instead of the usual.. "I'm starving.. grab whatever is fast and easy!"

Hope to meet more of you!
Old 02-03-2010, 04:21 PM   #5  
On My Way To Skinny

S/C/G: 239/239/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Hello All,

Well I'm new to posting, But have been coming here and reading the post here for a while. Well a little about my self I have been overweight for about 12 years I never had a weight problem before that. But I did make the Choice to become overweight. I got so sick and tired of watching what I ate back then now granted I didn't eat healthy at all I just wanted to eat what ever I wanted at any occasion. I have tried a few diets over the years but I just couldn't stick with them. Then about 5 year ago I was at my heaviest weight of 244. So I went on the South Beach Diet I did it faithfully for 1 1/2 years and lost 50 pound and then started to gain weight. I got angry and quit I didn't understand why I gained when I was being so faithful. I now realize it was because even though I was eating right I was eating to much of the right foods.
So here I am now Hoping, Wishing, Waiting to be thin again. Well It's not going to happen if I don't DECIDE and DO something about it. I have to make that Choice just like I did 12 years ago, but this time a Choice to be Healthy, thin and Care about me. So Yes it most certainly is a CHOICE.. With all that being said I would love to Give, Get Support. I Understand the fears you are feeling because I fear them too. But like I said above I have a Choice and I don't want to stay overweight any longer. So let conquer those fears together. Oh I would like to say Lori259, LoriBell, RockinRobin, Glory87, and Thighs be Gone, You all are such a motivation to me I read your post daily Thanks. Now its time for me to stop just reading and getting working at it.
Have a Great Day!

Last edited by MyJourney2Slim; 02-03-2010 at 05:34 PM.
MyJourney2Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:13 PM   #6  
Headed for ONEderland

Hi Journey, it's great to meet you! It sounds like we're both in similar boats. Awesome! We both know how easy it is to feel like it's pointless to even try and then decide to .. should I say give up or allow ourselves too much leeway leading to an eventual fail.

I look forward to getting to know you further as we face these choices and decide what's best for us!
Old 02-04-2010, 12:08 PM   #7  
On My Way To Skinny

Hi Second,
I'ts nice to meet you too. Now I need to make a plan. I know I want to eat healthy and count calories but not sure how much leeway I want to give myself for things like sugar or white flour. My mind is still programed for South Beach when it comes to dieting that when I do diet I fill like I failed if I eat those things. This is where I fill stuck I want this to be a lifestyle change for life but how do I get out of this. I say to myself, oh I ate something with sugar in it so well since sugar is still in your system you might as well have more you can start back up tomorrow but I don't I just do this over and over. I want to stop this crazy thinking lol. Thanks for listening. So Second do you have a plan?
Old 02-04-2010, 12:45 PM   #8  
Headed for ONEderland

Good day Journey!

I know completely how you feel. I'm exactly the same way when it comes to the snowball effect losing control when tasting something you feel is on the 'no, no' list. I spent or shall I say wasted so much of my life just about doing that everyday... saying I'll fix my mistake tomorrow with a really good on target day. But, when tomorrow comes you do the exact same thing with something else! It's like a never ending cycle until we decide enough is enough! So much of the battle is what we tell ourselves, and let ourselves believe. But you already know that!

I'm no expert but I have watched every season of Biggest Loser.. LOL! And they consistantly say the equation to weight loss is calories in vs. out. Strive to create a deficit each day. I understand your struggle with trying to balance sugar and carbs and the whole spectrum of what you're suppose to watch. In the end that's what put so much pressure on me the last time. It got so confusing I didn't know what to eat anymore. I couldn't have a banana because of the carbs, I couldn't have something else because the sugar, or I'm not getting enough protein because I'm worried about going over my daily fat intake. Sheesh! It was spinning around and around where it became impossible (or should I say.. I didn't want to do it) to track each day. I eventually gave up and fed my disappointment in myself.

I'm a firm believer (or I wanna be.LOL) that if you eat good whole food, nothing is really that bad for you, in moderation of course. I actually started following the Diabetes D-Tour Diet yesterday. I don't have diabetes, although it runs in my family, but I found that eating a way that balances your blood sugar gives me more energy and I don't have those intense hunger pangs that drive you to the fridge or pantry. Have you heard about eating according the the GI tract? Everything is there, but like I said in moderation. I average 1400/1500 calories a day and I work out at Curves. So, right now that is my plan. It may need some tweaking as time goes by, but it sure is a heck of a lot better than the way I was eating. Any change right now is good right? I guess throughout all that babble I'm trying to say, start simple and tweak as you feel the need to. Begin by watching your calories.

I had a really on target day yesterday (Day One), for the first time in a VERY long time and it proved to be successful. I'm down 2.5lbs this morning. I know it's probaly water weight or mere fluctuation... but it's sure looks good on the scale!

Sorry for the long post.. I did't intend to babble! Have a great day!

Hello to anyone else who would like to join us!
Old 02-04-2010, 01:03 PM   #9  
On My Way To Skinny

Second , Oh I never heard of the Diabetes D-Tour Diet but I would like hear more about it, is there a book?
Old 02-04-2010, 01:08 PM   #10  
On My Way To Skinny

Second, Opps I forgot to say congrats on your 2.5 lbs loss..
Old 02-04-2010, 01:13 PM   #11  
Headed for ONEderland

Yeah, there is a book. I actually am 'borrowing' it from my mother. (She's obsessed with buying diet books.. just told me about another yesterday). You can preview the ideals of it online, just google it. I used her other book the Sugar Solution a couple of years ago. As I said, I feel really good eating to balance my blood sugar.

Thanks for the congrats!
Old 02-05-2010, 11:33 AM   #12  
On My Way To Skinny

Hi Second,

I went to the library yesterday and check out both those books. I also check out a book called The Complete Beck diet for Life, I have no idea if the plan is any good but It talks alot about the way we think about food, dieting , the wrong kind of thinking about food and how to change that thinking. Thanks and have a Good day!
Old 02-05-2010, 12:31 PM   #13  
Headed for ONEderland

Good morning Journey!

I hope your well. I just googled the Beck book and wow! If a person could get to thinking like that, hitting the wall (plateau) or days of scale frustration would seem like a breeze to get past. Let me know what you think of it the more you delve into it.

I had another really on target day yesterday and managed another 1.5lbs loss. 4lbs. total. I'm very motivated right now and I have to keep in mind that the beginning is always the easiest. Once I get past losing the first few pounds it'll slow down. Not to mention the weekend is upon us and those are always the toughest for me. I need to make meal plans and stick to them because eating out isn't going to work.

I hope you have a good day and have come closer to figuring out what plan of action you're going to take!
Old 02-08-2010, 12:20 PM   #14  
On My Way To Skinny

Good Morning Second,

Hope everything is well with you, I'm still reading the Beck Diet alot of which it's saying, is so me. I'm halfway done with the book and still have not got to the plan part yet. There are a few skills I need to learn first before jumping ahead but I want to jump ahead. I think that my problem sometimes I have no patience lol. Well even if I don't get to start my food plan this week I'm still going to start watching what I eat and start exercising. So today is my official start day. Have a Great day!
Old 02-08-2010, 01:18 PM   #15  
Headed for ONEderland

Awesome!! You'll be on a plan sooner than you know it. Once you start tracking what you eat you'll be so much more motivated to make sure what you eat isn't going sabotage you in any way! What exercise are you going to do, if you don't mind me asking? I think I would like to start adding in some walking when Spring comes around. I'm sure my puppy will love that! LOL! We got her last October so she hasn't really been outside too much (only for potty) because of winter. I took her last week on a warmer day and her tail wagged the entire walk.. hehe!

I came across a website over the weekend that has some pretty good looking recipes on it. Called greenlitebites <dot> com On there I found another link, which lead me to an incrediable discovery of how to make icecream with one ingredient! Frozen bananas! Talk about some guilt free icecream. My daughter and I made it this past weekend. We put a couple of sliced frozen bananas in the food processor and blended until it was smooth like soft serve, threw in some all natural pb and it was surprisely just like icecream and tasty to boot!

Have a GREAT, (first) on target day!