Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2003, 05:09 PM   #1  
- 50 lbs!!! 3/17/03

Default Surgery Scheduled!

OH MY GARSH! I actually did it. After a rather painless visit - except that my blood pressure was sky high due to the 'nerves' of it all ... I am scheduled for RNY laparoscopic on 2/19/03.

I am so happy I can't stand it.

P.S.

I didn't eat the cookies AND it is a good thing I stepped up the excercise due to the million 'last' suppers I've been eating lately - even with the holidays I've (drum roll pah-lease) lost 1 1/2 pounds. Not monumental BUT I didn't gain - which is what I was dreading.
Old 01-09-2003, 06:32 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

all these wonderful, warm, happy thoughts for you!!!! so, what do you have to do between now and then?

and we're here for you!!!

this is sooo exciting!!!
Old 01-09-2003, 06:44 PM   #3  
- 50 lbs!!! 3/17/03

I have sooooo much to do to prepare but it will all be worth it. The only thing I have to do to prepare for the actual surgery is a Pre-surgery 2 week liquid diet, a little clean out of the plumbing, and I see the anesthesiologist on 2/13.

But from a more practical perspective I have LOTS of loose ends (ha-ha hoping for a more tight one soon) to tie up at work. I am a data analyst - planning on working from home for some things 'cause I can't think of catching up after my time off. So I have some system things to add to my home PC. I also have to make sure DH and the kids are taken care of - something they do very well themselves - it just makes me feel better to somehow think I have a part in it.

Other than getting a supply of post-op foods I think I am set. I've been watching all of the suggestions and have already got a brand new spankin' journal, a wand mixer, slim fast soy protein, and a few other things.

I've decided that I'm going to send a 'letter' to my friends and family hopefully to encourage them to take control of some areas in their lives and to allow God to minister to them through this leap of faith. I truly am thankful for all of you - you have been an inspiration to me - just by simply having the courage to do this.

Hugs.
Closed Thread