Old 02-01-2010, 04:41 PM   #1  
On A Mission

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140

Height: 5ft 3in

Default Chalean Extreme or TurboJam?

Curious if anyone has tried either/both and has a favorite? I know the cardio X class at the Y are based on TurboJam and I love love love carido X, just can't handle the boring drive 45-60 minutes each way 2x a week never knowing if the instructor will show, etc. I'm eyeing the Extreme because it utilizes weights and I fell in love with free weight training while dh was deployed. Decisions, decisions

Thoughts, comments, experience, etc?
mkat321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:24 PM   #2  

I do both and LOVE both. They are very different, since (as you know) Turbo Jam is cardio and CLX is weights. I combine the two of them at home and also take Turbo Kick at 24 Hour Fitness. Overall the combo has been very effective for me, because I really enjoy it and look forward to it every day. I recommend it but everyone has different tastes. If you liked the class at the Y, its definitely worth the investment to buy Turbo Jam. You'll probably like it even more.

The threads for TJ and CLX are pretty active so you could get lots of information there as well.
tiffany0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:03 PM   #3  

I got lucky on Facebook and Chalene answered me that exact same question. She said that if you can afford it, the results are far better if you combine both. That is what I am trying to do, mixing Turbo Jam and Chalean, but CLX wears me out.

I you can do it, I you say that you should do both. The results come quicker. Good luck and let us know your decision.
MJKiddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:04 PM   #4  

Forgot to say that I am completely in love with ChaLEAN and I can already see the results... with just 2 weeks. I'm starting tomorrow the 3rd week of Phase 1 - burn phase.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:31 PM   #5  
On A Mission

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140

Height: 5ft 3in

thanks Total cost for both is cheaper than a 3 month membership and fuel cost for same to the Y that hosts cardio X so I'll be getting both
mkat321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 212/212/170

Height: 5'4

hi im planning on starting chalene extreme next week but i saw how you can combine both clx and turbo jam i just wanted to know how to combine them since i have mostly all the tj videos
tallyjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 03:40 AM   #7  

I'm doing about 3 TJ's a week. Following ChaLEAN's callendar, I am usually doing Turbos on the rest days and on the days of Burn Circuit 1, 2 or 3 (it depends on how tired I am on that day). The cardio on CLX is killer so I don't do Turbo Jam on those days.

I started today my third week of the first phase (Burn Phase) so I'm kind of new to CLX. My intention is to increase the TJ's cardio as I am moving on ChaLean's program.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:13 AM   #8  

What's your favorite TJ cardio?
Old 02-15-2010, 03:04 PM   #9  

Hi! I'm new here, and I just started turbo jam today, with the learn & burn and oh boy i feel it! I saw an infomercial and then went to order it right away, i didn't do my research as I didn't know until now that Chalene has also de Chalean work out, can anybody explain how does it work? is it like turbo jam?
Thanks!
arkiux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 07:53 PM   #10  
better, faster, stronger

S/C/G: 150/131.5/125

Height: 5'2.5"

I've always much preferred CLX over Turbo Jam, but in general I prefer weights to cardio so that might be it. I've just never been a big fan of jumping around really hyper. Don't get me wrong, TJ is fun, but I always feel like I get a much better workout doing CLX and I've definitely seen more results doing CLX.
Skyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:19 AM   #11  

Hello ladies like some of you I am new to 1 3 fat chixs and 2 Turbo jam I did the learn and burn for 3 days and got daring and just did the 40 minute unfortunatly as out of shape as I am I didn't finish only made it 30 minute. UGGHH. The reason I stopped is I felt so uncoordinated...so question for the "Pro" turbo jammers does it get easier to follow along?
kase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:51 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 182/161/153

Height: 5'7"

I, too, combine both. When I started my weight loss journey, I started w/TJ but saw such results w/the Turbo Sculpt portion that I bit the bullet and bought CLX. Completed the CLX (loved it!) and am doing the Fit For Life plan that goes w/it. I started incorporating the TJ with the CLX during the holidays when I was worried about overeating. I starting doing the TJ 20 min. quick workout before my CLX workout. I also did the Burn Intervals on CLX for cardio, but did not care as much for the Recharge/Refuel portion, so I would do Cardio Party or Punch, Kick & Jam from TJ.

Hope this helps!
bossybritches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:51 PM   #13  
Cat

S/C/G: 198/T/135

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kase View Post
Hello ladies like some of you I am new to 1 3 fat chixs and 2 Turbo jam I did the learn and burn for 3 days and got daring and just did the 40 minute unfortunatly as out of shape as I am I didn't finish only made it 30 minute. UGGHH. The reason I stopped is I felt so uncoordinated...so question for the "Pro" turbo jammers does it get easier to follow along?
Congrats on starting and welcome! To answer your question, yes it gets much easier to follow the moves. You'll find that as you get in better shape you are able to increase your intensity so it is still challenging. Most of the moves are actually pretty similar once you get them down.
catgeraghty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:52 PM   #14  
Cat

S/C/G: 198/T/135

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJKiddo View Post
What's your favorite TJ cardio?
Cardio Party 2 for sure, but I also really like Fat Blaster for those days when I need more of a quickie and I still want to work.
catgeraghty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:15 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by catgeraghty View Post
Cardio Party 2 for sure, but I also really like Fat Blaster for those days when I need more of a quickie and I still want to work.
I have 2 favorites in this moment: Fat Blaster and Cardio Party Remix Live. Love, love, love both of them. But if I were to pick one, I would pick Fat Blaster for sure!