Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2003, 02:47 PM   #1  

Default #177 Free In 2003

Hi Everybody. Our daily chat seemed to have vanished with all of the threads started lately, which by the way is a great thing. Looks like were all returning from our "hiding paces" we found during the holiday season. WooHooo!

I began thinking today that my new found confidence and determination was going to sooner than later lose itself again. But then I realized, it's up to me. It's not some magical "awe" that comes over me. I put it there, and I throw it out when I get tired, frustrated or bored. It's up to me. Sure, I get help from everyone here shairng their ups and downs. But if I really want this, I am gonna have to do it. I am stronger than any food item. I have to just keep believing. Never doubt myself. Never doubt that I can't get there. If I think it, if I believe it...I will do it.

So, in 2003...I am freeing myself of the negative thoughts, the self doubts and the cycles I've created in the past. I am free to be who I want to be. And this year, am gonna be that woman!

Hope everyone year is starting off on the right track. If it's not, don't ignore it, don't wait for Monday or next month. Today is the most important day. Right now.

*HUGS*

Old 01-07-2003, 06:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 320/210/180

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Hello all,

I have not had a good holiday season at all. I weigh in tonight to see if I lost or gained. I don't know in that aspect if it's up or down. I had a hard time in other areas. I am now faced with a tough decision. To move or not to move. I just got a voucher for housing assistance. I have 60 days to decide what to do. I figure I could possibly bring my rent down to around 300 dollars a month from 400. It is 100 dollars to put in other areas of bills but I am not sure what I want to do. The kids love this trailer I live in right now and I really like it also but I don't like the fixing up that needs to be done on it. I guess I will have some heavy thinking to do. Also the jerk of an ex decided not to sign the papers and now I am screwed out of alot of taxes I could have gotten. I am having him served with the papers and I will have a court date also to deal with. He also went out and cashed his 401 K plan and bought a karioke machine and a pool table. Lost his job and never calls to talk to the kids. I have a son that is so messed up right now it isn't even funny. He misses his dad and I hate his dad what's worse than that. I have started him in the counseling. His first appointment is on Thursday. I hope it all goes well.

one good thing did happen that is I am starting a new position in the company. It is alot easier and very lax in the respect I get to work when I want to and put in 8 hours and go home. I don't feel as pressured in the mornings.

Well I am going to take off from work here and pick up the rug rats from daycare. Take care all.
Old 01-07-2003, 06:51 PM   #3  
Catwoman

Great to see your still so enthusiastic Jennifer, losing weight takes motivation and willpower more then anything, keep trying and you'll get there, you've done it once before you can do it again.
Life sounds hard for you at the moment Tamara, I think if your happy where you are then your better of staying unless you know your going to go into a better house/area with the goverment, don't just go anyware, some goverment housing flats can be pretty scary. Rents sound expensive over there, here they start at about 50$usa for a flat and 75$ usa for a house and yard per week, goverment housing starts at 15$ usa per week then goes up depending on how much you make, must make it difficult for you. Don't let that ex of yours get you down, he will probably try and make things be as hard for you as he can, he doesn't want to think you can make it on your own, the less notice you take of him and the more you survive...... well it will drive him crazy knowing you can do just fine with out him. Living well is the best revenge.
Im doing well with my new years plan, walking everyday and not having too much trouble staying low carb, makes a change from lowcal for a change.
Old 01-07-2003, 07:31 PM   #4  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Wow, Kittymilk! That IS cheap rent! We bought our house because it's cheaper than rent...3 bedrooms, two bathrooms, fairly large backyard for $555 per month. My best friend rents a one bedroom apartment (about 750 sq. feet) and pays $530 a month for it! In California, my aunt rents a 3 bedroom, 1 bath townhome for $1400 a month. That's why I don't want to move back to California!!

Tamara - I'm surprised that your hubby was able to cash out his 401K without your consent. He might have forged your signature on some documents - check with your divorce lawyer. (And if you don't have one, GET ONE....'cause it sounds like your ex is going to do everything he can to screw you over.)
Old 01-07-2003, 09:39 PM   #5  

I'm back in the "trying to loose" mode. I am so ready to just give up. It is so frustrating to be able to maintain, but not keep loosing the weight.

If the weight doesn't start to come off soon with the only few options I have left, I may end up with a gastric bypass (sp?) I just want to get the weight off and nothing else seems to be working. The doctor that I see has suggested it several times. I don't know. I just know that I want it off and I'm sick of sticking to a diet and not having it work at all.

Other then that, things have been going good for me. I'm back at the ski resort working the daycare center for the winter and back in school. I love it and can't wait to start the spring semester.

Sorry I haven't been around much. I have been working my but off and haven't had much time to do anything!!

I will try to check back a little more often.

Bella23
Old 01-07-2003, 10:52 PM   #6  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Hi all! Well, it's 7 days into the new year and I can't say I am having great success. Some good days some bad. Pretty typical for me. Not sure what I am "going to do about it" (per Jen's thread). I am toying with seeing a nutritionist, toying with Body for life, toying with surgery. I just want to find something that is going to work for me once and for all. Something I will stick to.

I think that Jennifer pretty much hit it on the head talking about how this is something we just have to do. I think somewhere I am looking for something exciting. Hey, wouldn't just sticking to any plan and losing weight be exciting?!?! I think I read once that losing weight is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration. It takes work. Just do it...Sandi...Just do it.

Other than that life is good. Back in full swing. Teaching 4 out do 5 days which prevents me from being out here as much as I would like. I really enjoyed my 2 weeks off with Jacob. Pure Heaven.

Tamara - I'm sorry things are so rough right now. Just hang in there. I'm glad you checked in...I was thinking about you.

Bella - I have seen alot of information about plateaus. What have you tried? Have you tried eating 6 small meals a day? What is your current plan? If you post that maybe w can help you modify it for results.

Jennifer - I know you can do this. I know you can!!
Old 01-07-2003, 11:34 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

i live in california, and our 2 bedroom, 2 bath apartment is 955. that's cheap for CA.

i have a new job, new classes, but not really the new motivation. i need to set my stress free.

my mood today isn't great. this isn't the best time to post probably, cuz i'll cheer up later, no doubt. i'm still dwelling on the binge i had earlier. i don't usually let myself go like that.

so what i need to be free from is stress. one day at a time, right??
Old 01-08-2003, 02:41 AM   #8  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Wow.

I think I'm moving to Sydney for the rents, but not before I call my Uncle Vito to have him rough Tamara's ex up.

I guess for me the biggest part is A#1, moving my a$$. The other thing is to be prepared so I don't have to think about what to make to eat on a daily basis.

I'm signing up for Pilates & yoga classes w/Park & Rec, that should be fun. They start @ the end of January.

I dunno, this New Year has been pretty happy for me so far. (If you dont count my car troubles) Met a great guy, can't wait to see where this heads.
Old 01-08-2003, 02:56 AM   #9  
Slowly going crazy!

I just finished watching Signs with Dh tonight. We saw it in the theatre, but I had to buy the DVD cuz there were a few things I missed. Man every little bump and creak in my house is scaring me silly. I keep jumping out of my puter chair when the cat walks in the room.

I decided this year I would make NO resolutions, due to the fact that I always break them. Now there will be none to break therefore I won't get depressed over failing.

I'm doing good, struggling with some of the attitudes I am getting from the Real Life people around me...but once again my mantra is "It's their problem, not mine".

I can't wait to get to exercising. I have one more week of 'recouping' to do and then I can go full boar...well, nearly full boar. (My treadmill still isn't fixed yet) Hopefully soon! ! !

Jenniffer and everyone else, you are an inspiration through the trials of life you are still surviving and working on acheiving your goals! ! !

Old 01-08-2003, 12:19 PM   #10  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I'm borederline right now. I'm definately dieting and getting out there and moving but I'm certianly not as gung-ho about it. Like, it rained this morning so I didn't go out and walk. Normally, that wouldn't stop me. Conversly, I'm planning on walking when I get home and I'm pretty sure I'll do it which means that I must have some motivation (or at least I'm adapting it as a lifestyle).

Jenniffer - Chica, you can so do this. We all know it. Glad you do too.

Sandi - Going back to work stinks. I swear I'd be thin if I could spend all day working out and cooking.

Tamara - You will survive! I'm sorry it looks so bad right now.

SuchaPrettyFace - Details!!!

Holly - Where did you get such cheap rent?!?! I live in Southern CA and pay $1000 for my one bedroom/1bath cottage. Of course, it's like 80 degrees out today, so no wonder I live here.
Old 01-08-2003, 12:20 PM   #11  

I am glad to hear of everyone's new dedication and thoughts on weight loss for the new year. I too, have decided to try to really start again. I have really, really, really slacked since November and I'm just not sure I'll be able to get right back on track again. I don't understand it, but even though I have been WAY OP, and not exercising, I have still lost weight. I am now at 204.5. I think that it may just be stress weight loss, because I've been stuffing myself agian. Uggy.
Tamara, I am so sorry to hear of all of your troubles. Try to focus on the positive, the great new job, and your wonderful kids. Talk to a lawyer about the 401K thing.
Bella, please talk to another doctor. Just because you have kids, does not mean that PCOS is definately ruled out. I think that surgery is a very dangerous means to an end, so please be sure before you go though with it.
Old 01-08-2003, 12:45 PM   #12  
having Senior Moments

S/C/G: 265/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I'm trying to really focus on my physical and mental health this year. I tell myself that I'm not necessarily trying to lose weight, but that I'm trying to get healthier. I will be 58 this year - the age my mother had to have bypass surgery. And at 59, my dad had a heart attack. Add this inherited risk to my mostly out of control diabetes, and I am a walking timebomb. I want to live to see my my grandchildren's children, so I'm trying to be good to myself. Eating well, moving my bod, working on cleaning my emotional "closets". And most of all, trying to actually "like" who I am, being gentler with myself and others.
Old 01-08-2003, 05:28 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

heh. davis is a college town. a hippie, college town. i still think it's expensive!!! but it's near sacramento. i live a mile from the college, so i bike to school. yay me.
Old 01-09-2003, 10:03 AM   #14  

Glad to see your post, Bella. Had been hoping all was well with you and it seems like much of your life is going well. Actually almost all. it seems. but the weight issue and it's good to know that. I'm sure you'll find the direction you want to/need to go soon. You just have so much determination. Hugs to your sweet little ones, too.
Old 01-09-2003, 12:39 PM   #15  

Almost Friday. Almost Friday. I keep telling myself this as I am cringing at the sounds of my co-worker behind me with her hackle-cackle laughter. Oh, it could drive someone to drink. Specifically, me.

I had a zero point day yesterday, but all in all, it still wasn't that bad. Even though I had some ice cream that I didn't enjoy. Normally, I would figure it being Thursday and all, I might as well, eat what I want, and begin on Monday. Nope, not this time. I am OP today, and I feel so much better. So, am hoping for a small loss tomorrow. I was down 1.5 lbs the other night, I just hope it stays that way tomorrow morning. I will be happy. Not alot, but in the right direction. WoooHoo!

Tamara..*HUGS* Missed you chickie...am glad you came in. And am sorry to hear your having such a hard time. I could only imagine, I did it, but with no kids, and I could barely make it through a day without breaking down sometimes. You are a strong woman, and you will look back at this time one day and exhale. I promise you. Now, about the housing situation..you can look at it like this:

Good Things:
1) Cheaper rent without the fixing up of the place you have now.
2) A new start for you and the children.
Bad Things:
1)It may be too soon for the kids to have to adjust to a new home, meaning so soon after their $%&#$% father left.
2) You will have the stress of having to move.

It's alot to think about. You know your children and yourself best, so think about it. I think that the best thing for your son right now is counseling. I was really happy to hear that he has an appt on Thursday. What about you? Are you getting any support? I hope so...were here for you chickie..and if anything..we can make you laugh. *HUGS*

KittyMilk..Are you serious? I think am gonna have to move to Down Under. My rent in NY is $750 plus utilities, for a 1 bedroom cottage. It's a decent size for 1 person, but that's about it. And I live next to a parking lot and a church, no privacy. And it's considered cheap here in NY. The average price for a 1 bedroom apartment is at least $1100. And that is a small apartment. I won't be living in NY for too many more years...it's too pricey.

bella....Hey there chiquita! I hear the desperation in your post. I want you to think back to a few months ago. You were full of determination..and you felt wonderful. And you were losing. You can get back there again, you know. Just one day at a time. One, that's all. And btw....Most women who develop PCOS, do so in their late 20's, early 30's after having at least one child. So, it wouldn't be unheard of if you do indeed have PCOS. It would actually make sense. The hard part about this syndrome is, it's different with each case.

Sandi...Excitement? Hmmm. So, you want excitement. Well....excitement would be to me....wearing a size 14 black cute lil dress. Or running up a flight of stairs and not losing my breathe. That would be excitement to me. Oh, you mean..the whole weightloss thingy exciting..well...I guess we have to bottle up those "powerful" feelings....and unleash them when we don't have those great feelings anymore.

Holly...Still in a downer mood? Think of this...think about carrying a 24 lb bag of cat litter for 5 miles. Think you'd be able to do it? 24 lbs is alot. I doubt I'd do it. My arm would fall off.
Well...that is how much you lost! That is how much less you are carrying everyday. Feel good now???? You should.

SuchaPrettyface...New man, eh? How's it going? Yoga..never tried it. You like??

Amy...Is the movie worth renting? I picked it up off the counter last weekend but put it back. I hate watching movies that waste my time (Men In Black 2)....should I see it? Your right about other people...it's their problem. No sense in worrying about how they feel...cause they don't think once about how we feel.

Goddess Jessica...Ooooh. I know what you mean. Believe me...at one time, you could catch me out in the rain, sleet, snow..anything..I'd be out there..walking my 2.5 mile daily walk. In 100 degrees or 20. Now..I seem to shy away from it for any reason. I plan on starting my lunch time 2.5 mile walk on Monday. I will feel so much better.

Denise..Hi chickie...glad to see you posting! You are almost at the crosswalk...where you slip right under the 200's. Wooohoo!

Soiley...Hey there. I really felt your post...your doing some soul cleansing..and we all need that once in awhile. Usually, we don't allow ourselves that though. In my opinion, I think that you concentrating on controlling your diabetes, exercising...is much more important than a dress size or two. That will come later. Were here for you....rooting you on. You will feel so much better! I am borderline Type 2..with a family history....I too need to gain some control.

Wow...Alot of babbling for me today. Hope everyone is smiling...my co-worker finally stopped hackling and cackling...I can now think straight. heehee

Oh..check me out...I am the one in the middle.

Closed Thread