Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2001, 06:51 PM   #1  

Talking

Hi everyone!!

Wow, that thread was getting way too long. I feel like I've been missing from here for ages. I still haven't had time to read all the posts. Looks like alot of you are doing the new juice program. I've heard they've been having good results with it and it actually doesn't taste to bad. Where I'm maintaining I'm not even going to look into it. With my workouts the way they are I can't cut my calories that low. I'd end up passing out.

Robben - Welcome aboard. I guess you could call me the veteran around here. I started with LA Weightloss in January, 2000. I am now at my goal and have been since October. I've lost a total of 85 pounds and over 55 inches. I started at 198.25 and set my goal at 120. I now weigh 113 and my body seems to like it here so this will be my maintainable weight. It took me 9 months to the day, so I guess that would be about 36 weeks. Now before you say WOW, I added in a rigorous exercise program along with the food plan. I did taebo 5-7 days a week the whole time I was loosing and now do weight training M/W/F and Taebo T/T/S taking Sundays off. The bars were $14/box at my center also, but being in NY they are not allowed to take any blood. They do take the blood pressure here though. I truely hope you enjoy the plan, it'll work for you as long as you work it. We've got a great bunch here and really support each other through the ups and downs. You'll probably be put on the purple plan to start with then they'll adjust you as you go down. Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow. I have a website telling my story and showing my progress on the way down. Just click the hompage button up next to my name to check it out.

DI, CRYSTAL, MOM, LIVINGFIT....HI!!! Hope everything is going well with all of you. I'm going to try to get here daily again. I've missed keeping up with everyone.

I need to go feed my kids. BAD MOMMY....its 6:50 and they haven't eaten yet. Was chatting with my hubby on here. Only two more weeks till my trip to Korea and 7 more till he's home for good! We're almost done!!

Later everyone!
Terry
Old 03-20-2001, 12:49 PM   #2  

Default 1st day on the juice.

Well, today is my first official day on the diet, so far so good.

The juice really does not taste bad. I brought one bar with me today. I got the peanut butter, they are not great but I will survive.

I really hope that this works for me. I am determined.

Thanks for the great success story shortstuff, that really helps.

My step-sister in law did lawl and lost alot of weight also. She has twins and after she had them she was having a little trouble getting off the weight but now she looks great, she is on maintenance and is thinner than I ever remember her.

till later.

Robin
Old 03-21-2001, 01:27 PM   #3  

Default hi all

Robben,

good luck with the juice program. I did it too, not too bad. Well I am officially the lowest weight I have been in about 7 years. 178 lbs. I just keep working the program. This weekend my sister is getting married in New Jersey. I hope to stay on plan as much as possible. We certainly aren't packing light for this weekend extravaganza, but I am making room in my suitcase for my LA lites!!!!! My last fitting for my dress I weighed 179 1/4 so it should fit perfectly. Too tight and I'd be depressed, too loose and it would be like giving myself permission to eat. So fitting just perfectly is a good incentive not to overeat at the wedding (or the night before at the rehearsal dinner). I hope everyone else is doing well. My weight average is still hovering around 2lbs a week. At the end of this week I will have been on plan for 20 weeks, I have lost 39 1/2 lbs as of today. Another 1/2 pound by the end of the week and I will be exactly at 2 lbs a week. I hope I can keep it up. Only another 18 lbs to get to goal. Take care all!
Old 03-21-2001, 04:31 PM   #4  

Default First weight in

Hello everyone,

Today was my first weight-in. I am doing my second day today on the juice and start my actual diet program tomorrow.

I lost 2 lbs. in one day! Woo-hoo!!

I am really excited and the diet looks very easy and not crazy like others that I have tried.

I have a long road but I will get there.

222/220 goal of 135

Mom,

You really encourage me!!! Thanks!!

Robin
Old 03-21-2001, 11:09 PM   #5  

Hello,
I have been on LAWL for afew months having been switched from National Weight loss. I really need some help in staying on program as I'm having so much stress in my life at this time. When I started on National Weight loss I did very well and lost about 20 lbs. Now I've gained almost all of it back and right now I'm on hold and have been trying to get back on track. I'm going back on April 1st and hopefully will be able to get it together. I do love the program and it does work. I'm glad I can share my feelings with all of you. Thanks for listening.
tosca
Old 03-22-2001, 08:58 PM   #6  

Hi all - I am an x LAWL'r contiplating returning and I guess I am looking for support :blush:

Here is my tale real quick I started LAWL in March of 99 at 216 by July of 99 I was working for them and weighing 179 - I had lost already 37 pounds and I felt INCREDIBLE - I managed their center in Scarsdale for 2 months and quite honestly while I was working there fell off program - weird I know, but it was hard to stay on program, I don't know I can't explain it - I opted to leave after gaining back 10lbs and I got a job offer for a job with hours that better suited me - I continued as a client for about 2 weeks - doing take off again and dropping the 10 lbs - then I thought I could handle this and do this on my own - I know what I am doing - WRONG!! here it is March 2001 and I weigh 231 pounds (I am only 5 ft tall) so SHORTSTUFF you are a real inspiration to me - so I am contiplating going back - but I am embarassed by me tremendous gain - well, I just wanted to share and get input - thanks for listening
Old 03-22-2001, 09:06 PM   #7  

I am back from my marathon conferences. I am going to weigh in Saturday. I am not looking forward to it at all. I have to get back on track. It sounds like everyone is doing well. Nice to see the new people. I am glad to be back. I will check in with you all later,

Crystal
Old 03-23-2001, 12:22 AM   #8  

So glad to have this thread. What is this juice diet you all have ben talking about? I was never told about this..Just curious. Isn't it strange how you can get off track with something you want so badly! And then you can hate yourself! Well I am starting to get on track and planning to go back to my clinic on Monday!
Have a great day everyone!
Sincerely, tosca
Old 03-23-2001, 10:46 AM   #9  
Spicy Chick

Default Hi

Hi everyone...
Welcome to the group Bela, Tosca and Robben, forgive me if I forgot anyone.

Bela: your story is amazing...did you exercise while you were on and off program..LAWL isn't big on exercise, one thing I have noticed about people who maintain weight loss is they have continued to exercise. I have always liked exercising, I always had a problem with making bad food choices. Did you use the LA lites 3 times a day when you were on program??
I think you are making a good decision to start over..this group will help you.

Hi Mom, Terry and Crystal..
I have been okay, I am not weighing in this week, it is my "T.O.M.", I know I am holding fluid so there is no use getting on the scale.

Mom: congrats on your continued loss, Crystal I know you will be back on track soon, I know you missed your "treadmill"!!
Hi Terry...I know you are busy,,time is flying by...
Old 03-23-2001, 01:47 PM   #10  

Hi Ladydi
Thanks I hope I am making the right decision - I just feel so humiliated walking back in there 53 pounds heavier than when I left.
As the weight was coming off - I had more and more energy and was walking alot - I never did track my walking - once I stopped focusing on the weight loss I stopped walking something I really regret!! so for christmas this year my bf gave me a treadmill which i use sparodically - I go for a few weeks and then stop (bad seed that I am)

I did the la lites 3 times a day and when I left I used substitue bars (go leans, they matched the nutritional content, and a **** of a lot cheaper) that is the only thing I am not looking forward to about going back is shelling out the money for the bars - especially since I know I have to do program for 36 weeks before I will hit maintence - thats a lot of cash and I heard they are not $7 anymore?(if I don't bulk) is that true? I like the program though especially the support that is why i am going back - I tried WW, but I need more one on one than that

How are you enjoying the program? How long have you been on it?
Old 03-23-2001, 02:34 PM   #11  

Default Hello everyone!

Well, I weighed in today I have only actually been on the diet for 1 1/2 days because I did take off for the first 2 days. But I have lost another two pounds.

I am so happy I can't even explain it.

Thanks for all the support and advise everyone has given me.

Robin
Old 03-24-2001, 11:24 AM   #12  

Dear ladydi,
Thanks for the support. Just reading this thread is a big help. No matter what I am returning to my clinic on Monday. I have been on hold for afew weeks. i'll let you know what happens! Have a great weekend.
tosca
Old 03-24-2001, 05:37 PM   #13  
Spicy Chick

Default Hi everyone

Hi ...I usually do not post on weekends, had some free time and saw we had some action!
Bela: I am part time LAWL girl. I started program in late July 2000, I started out at 184, I only wanted to get down to 160, I am 5'7(five feet seven inches tall) . I wanted something reasonable so I could maintain it. I broke my ankle last year also and had surgery 2 months after starting program, so I had to go off for awhile. I am on maintainance now, I do not follow the program to the letter, I have lost 21lbs I am at 163, I would like to get to 157 now, but if I get to 160 I will be happy. After joining I only brought the lites in bulk once, I made up my mind I was not going in debt to lose weight, there are lots of people who have lost weight without supplements. I do buy the shakes, but one box last me a couple of weeks, I had stopped buying them but then I found myself wanting candy and ice cream more, I notice when I do the shakes I do not have thoose cravings. I am not sure of the the price I live in Pa, my center charges $14.00 per box, I know it used to be $6 a week to join, now it is $7 aweek.

I go to the gym I just increased my workouts to 5 days a week.
Use that "treadmill" your bf got you..I wish I had one, I love the treadmill., it will help you, especially when the scale isn't moving you still can be loosing inches and you will look smaller and you clothes will get loose.

One thing I had learned from LAWL threads each center is different, some counselors are not motivating at my center, that used to annoy me, I feel I get more motivation for the boards then my center. If you are not buying lites or supplements they do not have much to say. But I paid my money, it is my body I am in charge of it so I continue to go and weigh in to keep myself accountable. I did just get a new manager at my center and she is really down to earth, she does motivate me, I hope she stays. She doesnt scold for exercising!!, some counselors will because you will build muscle and not loose for awhile. I like the feeling exercising gives me so I have to exercise.

Congrats Robin on your loss, keep up the good work.

Tosca: you are determined that is half the battle.Keep up the boards and internet to keep you yourself motivated. Two of my favorite free sites: Dietwatch.com and Fitday.com..
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, I will check in Monday..
Di
Old 03-25-2001, 09:50 AM   #14  

Hi lady di - good for you ! for not buying into the lites issue - i really dreaded having to shell out the money for those again but luckily still had 31 boxes in my old bulk - which i purchased when I worked for them so i got at a discount - one question - they don't harrass you about not doing the bars? i once had a client who could do the bars (some people cannot because of allergies, etc) and they made me sit down and explain it was part of her contract to do these bars

I know what u mean about some of the counselors being unmotivated - some people definitely should not be in that job!!

I rejoined on Friday evening - at 234 - 55lbs more than when i left -

Tosca - congrats on going back this monday

Robben - it is a good eating plan - and if you have good counselors it offers really good support, the support and one and one focus is why i chose this over WW the first time - u are doing the juice plan instead of take off for your first 3 days?

have a good day all
Old 03-26-2001, 08:37 AM   #15  
Spicy Chick

Default Hi

Hi everyone:

Congratulations Bela and Robben,,,Robben you will have a rewarding experience. I know quite a few women who used WW in the past and then choose to do LAWL, from what I read it seems WW point system gives you too much freedom, LAWL is a little more structured or should I say strict!!..so some former WW have better success with LAWL..I do however think WW is a excellent program.
Robben are your going to incorporate exercise in your lifestyle change.?? Did you get the breathersize tape. i really never used my tape but I have read breathersize does help.

Bella I was apprehensive about the lites when I signed up-- then from reading the boards I realized you did not have to buy the lites, it is in your contract-- but it only disqualifies you from being eligilble for your rebate. As I indicated before one thing I have learned is each center is different, one good thing about my center they are not pushy about buying thier supplements, or either they knew they were wasting their time with me. When my mind is made up it is made up.
I do like the shakes, they do help me with my cravings.
Hi Mom, Crystal and Terry...
Robben and Bela..good luck on this next few days...it will get easier....oh yeah Bela...get on the treadmill!!
Di
Closed Thread