South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 11:26 AM   #1  

Unhappy Anyone else not suppossed to use artifical sweeteners (Fibromyalgia)???

Hey everyone. Just wondering if anyone else shouldn't be using artifical sweetners? I have Fibromyalgia and I was hoping that someone would share any "sweet" recipes. I am looking for a sweet kind of "muffin" or something that I could take "on the go" but everything I see posted has some kind of sweetner in it. And ideas?

Also, have you modified any of the recipes posted and what are your favorites (and how did you modify it?)

I would really appreciate your help!
Thanks so much-
Tracy
Old 02-01-2010, 11:52 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Hi Tracy-

Can you use stevia or agave? I choose not to use artificial sweeteners but do use agave now (in Phase 2).

Squash pie smells and tastes sweet without any sweeteners. We loved it! I'm sure you will get more suggestions
Old 02-01-2010, 02:14 PM   #3  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

I also choose to not use artificial sweeteners. I use agave nectar (honey/maple syrup consistency and sweetness) and stevia (liquid) often, though. I also like erythritol, which is a natural 0 calorie, low GI sweetener. It's granulated, like sugar. I substitute these for sugar in regular recipes.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:08 PM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

April, we've had many, many discussions in the SBD forum about what to use (and not use) to replace sugar in our diets. I posted a thread in the FAQ with links to many of those conversations to help SBDers make informed decisions about what to do. You may find some good tips to help you out:

South Beach Diet and Replacements for Sugar (Sweeteners, Substitutes, etc.)
Old 02-01-2010, 04:30 PM   #5  

Ladies-thank you so much for all you help! I haven't used stevia in years but I think I will have to break down and buy. I would like to try agave nectar too! I will definately have to try that squash pie-sounds very yummy!

Laurie also thank you so much for the link! Today is my first day and I started to panic...not about that I didn't think I could do it, but I was panicked that everything required sweetners and I was really bummed out thinking I couldn't do this diet. I feel much better being more informed. Thanks again everyone!
I wish you many pounds lost!!! Tracy
Closed Thread