Old 02-01-2010, 09:03 AM   #1  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Default LAWL Friends & Losers Feb 1-7

Happy February!

It's going to be a long winter this year, since we are not going away in February. On the weight-loss front, I'm kind of glad that I have until April to make my butt smaller.

DH has been in Florida since Thursday night - and the high temp here was 5 degrees on Saturday. Me? Bitter? Oh, ****, yes.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:06 AM   #2  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

morning all!
Kim, i'd be a bit bitter as well!

not much to report for me today..just keeping at my workout/eating and doing well.

Baby X has her 9 month check up today..time sure is flying, but what else is new.

hope everyone has an amazing start to their february.

and HUGE thanks to everyone who's made a donation to my NAMI Walk! it means SOOOOO much to me to have such great support! if you wanna check it out and donate (any donation is VERY MUCH appreciated!) the link is at the bottom of my signature.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:16 AM   #3  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everyone

I hope you all had a good weekend, mine was def. too short.

So I am excited about today. I brought some of those Luna bars on the weekend trying my first one today. I will eat it this afternoon. But I am hoping it curbs my sweet tooth cravings just like the LA bars did.

I'll let you know how that goes.

Have a good day
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:43 AM   #4  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Lauren - Love your dog - Australian shepherd? So pretty!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:41 PM   #5  
Amy

Hey guys!

Haven't been on in awhile, been really busy. We had a death in the family, so we've been going back and forth to NJ for the last few weeks. It was a close family member, so it was heart-breaking.

Came home last night to 8" of snow and a massive driveway to shovel out. YUCK. Oh, and the battery in our thermostat died, so the heat went off, causing MAJOR pipe damage. There's a plummer out at the house now assessing the damage!

Kim- hey girl! I wish I was in FL more than ANYTHING!

Jillian- nice hair girl! That takes balls!

Nicole & Jillian- how goes the 30 day Shred??

Lauren- hey girl! I love your pup, so adorable! DH and I are researching breeds looking to get a puppy soon. The Luna's can be tricky, some are fabulous, some taste like cardboard! The lLuna cookies are good, the mint one definitely is. I get the Hungry Girl emails and that's where I found out about them.

More snow and ice and cold coming in this week. It's funny... on one hand I want the office to close, but with all the closings, holidays, and travelling time I've had off, the money would be nice! All the time I took of to go home to NJ really left a dent in my check recently!

Well, lunch break over, back to the grind!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 04:06 PM   #6  
CanadianVeggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimphin View Post
Lauren - Love your dog - Australian shepherd? So pretty!
Yes, she is an Australian Shepherd - pretty and crazy

But crazy is good for me because it means I have to go on that 2 mile walk everyday to help her craziness out
Old 02-01-2010, 04:10 PM   #7  
CanadianVeggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyMadchen View Post
Hey guys!

Lauren- hey girl! I love your pup, so adorable! DH and I are researching breeds looking to get a puppy soon. The Luna's can be tricky, some are fabulous, some taste like cardboard! The lLuna cookies are good, the mint one definitely is. I get the Hungry Girl emails and that's where I found out about them.
Thanks Jersey! She is adorable and a ton of fun - but def. a lot of work. What breed of dog were you thinking of getting??

I just had one of the Luna bars, the caramel nut brownie and I actually enjoyed it, def. helped my chocolate craving!
Old 02-01-2010, 04:48 PM   #8  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Hi everyone, just checking in. I had a pretty good weekend. I ate pretty healthy and I didn't even have a beer at the Flames game Saturday. That is good!
Drinking my water today but I am really craving chocolate. I am hoping it passes by in the next half hour. I don't want to cave into temptation. I wish I had some luna bars with me. I just chew gum!
Have a great day!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:47 PM   #9  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Hello Ladies

I think it is so cool that the 3FC girls are so supportive of Jillian's NAMI walk

Well, happy to report I shredded my head off this a.m. Lots of mommy obstacles again, but managed to get it in anyway. I am thinking about getting an eliptical....but hate, hate, hate to think of spending the money. eee.

Happy to see you made it to the gym on Sat. Joni Did you go today? Holy crap, GI Jillian is rubbing off on me

How's your daycare free Monday, Katie?

Kim......where are you going in April....I havne't been paying attention very well lately.

Ok, better get some dinner for these kids.............I am surrounded by them
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:29 PM   #10  
WonderWoman

**** yeah GI Jillian is rubbing off on you! and EVERYONE eventually!!!! (insert the mwahhhaaaahaaa laugh!)
Old 02-01-2010, 08:47 PM   #11  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hey everyone! I had a great daycare free Monday. I went to a meeting at the small business admin to get some advice we need for our business. The man that helped us was an older man, really sweet. He said we need a business plan. Dang it. We have been in business for 2.5 years now without one! Ah, he is right, I am just lazy, LOL. During the Business Plan Presentation he gave us he fell asleep twice!

Amy- Sound like life has been sucking lately. So sorry about the death in your family and the broken pipes. That is terrible news. Oh, and I vote for a bassett hound or a daushound. They are both sweet breeds with hilarious personalites. Especially the bassetts.

Nicole- Great job on the shred. You are rocking it, as usual!

Kim- Take heart, it has to warm up some time, right?
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:46 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Good Morning Ladies- just heard the ground hog saw his shadow so another 6 weeks of winter. I like snow but I am ready for spring. Unless you are a bear staying in all winter is depresing.

I am slowly loosing. Not sure why I keep eating everything in sight. I dont buy things then my husband buys them. Those girl scouts are quite coniving when they want to be. I love Samoas more than anything and now I saw where Edys sells Samoa ice cream. And guess what.. it is really really good and way off my plan. I think I shall invest in some luna bars or something to help with the chocolate cravings. I an resist salty all day long it is the sweets that really get to me.

Hope everyone is doing well. Sounds like everyone is staying on plan/getting on plan and exercising which I need to do so much!!! I went snow boaring on Sunday and that worked my thighs quite a bit but last night I sat on the sofa ate ice cream and watched House with my husband. Although the time together was nice. I am so regretting the ice cream. I hope it is gone by the time I get home.
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:23 AM   #13  
CanadianVeggie

Amy~ it's the sweets that get me too! And I really find that the Luna bars help. I am with you there on wishing Spring would hurry up and come around, the snow and lack of sun is depressing! Stupid Ground Hog

Last edited by L R K; 02-02-2010 at 11:46 AM.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:43 AM   #14  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

sweets suck....hang in there girls
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:53 AM   #15  
WonderWoman

i love sweets! and so do my kids! that's why i bake HEALTHY! and i don't feel so bad giving it to them on occasion.