Old 02-01-2010, 03:24 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up #228 Bale of Turtles Keepin' On!!!!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 03:25 PM   #2  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I started a new thread because the last one I started I numbered incorrectly and couldn't edit the number out. Sorry for the confusion. Keep posting here. This cold weather is tough, but I know we can eat wisely and keep on going. and to us all!
Judy
Old 02-03-2010, 12:26 PM   #3  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I read the plateau booklet this week, did what it sadi, and lost 2.6# this week. I am thrilled! : This is the lowest I have been. I was this weight on December 2, 2009 and now on Feb.3, 2010 I'm there again. I plan on knocking off one+ pounds this week. I am aching to get to 189 and make real progress.
I am now down 41#. Yahoo!

Good luck to all of us. Keep well and keep on keepin' on!
Judy
234.6/193/189 and deeper into onederland
Old 02-03-2010, 01:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi there

Judy - WOW that is great! Maybe I should re-read that as well.

I have my weigh in tonight & am hoping for maybe a tiny loss. I haven't been totally bad this week, but finding the weekends very challenging & have been having a few things I shouldn't. Keep telling myself "OK - Christmas is over"

Hope everyone else is having a great week.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:31 AM   #5  

Morning, everyone:

I was down 1/4# at my meeting last night & will take any kind of weight loss even though would be nice for a big drop at the scales. So, this week am really going to be careful with my menu.

Hope you are all doing well!
Old 02-04-2010, 01:15 PM   #6  
Chick

Bandit, congrats! : and You are soooooo close to breaking 190#. I hope this week goes very well!

My new goal is to reach 189# and be in that decade. I know I can do this.
Judy
Old 02-05-2010, 10:23 AM   #7  
Turtle Buddy

Hi!

WOW!! You go, Judy!! Your loss for the week is a real breakthrough.

to you, too, Bandit. You're heading the right direction and that's so wonderful.

I, on the other hand, am up this week. I've been sick, which is why I haven't been posting. And our schedule last weekend didn't have time for the grocery store, so I haven't been making the best choices and I've been at home resting, so not much exercise. It's been a difficult week, but I'll move on and things will improve as I get over this stupid virus and get my life back to inormal. I'm leaving my turtle where she is on my tracker because I'm sure this is just a blip and I'll start heading back down soon.

How is everyone else? Cherry? MsMeri? Princess? And the rest of you who popped in and posted but haven't been back in a while? I hope you're all doing well.

Keep on turtlin'!
Lin S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:15 AM   #8  
Turtle Extraordinaire

GO, JUDY!!! You're in VFT! That is SO COOL! Sounds like I need to dig out that plateau booklet again, too.

Bandit, congrats on your loss, too! As you say, ANY loss is good.

Lin, hope you feel better soon. No fun being sick!

Things have been crazy here. My mom & stepdad moved up here last weekend (from North Carolina), so most of our spare time has been involved with helping them settle in. Unpacking, doing paperwork, helping them get organized, shopping, etc. Still lots to do. Tomorrow we're taking them to some furniture consignment places so they can replace some of the old stuff they left behind.

They're pretty overwhelmed, so we're taking on a fair amount of the work. I cannot imagine moving and starting over at the age of 76. There are plenty of things wrong with the condo, so we'll need to get to work on fixing them -- leaky plumbing, electrical stuff not up to code, appliances that don't work, etc. Heck, I'm not 76, but even I have bouts where I'm feeling overwhelmed!

Eating has been spotty. Good days, less good days. Weight is up a bit right now; I'm thinking it's mostly due to salty sushi yesterday but the candy from the day before isn't helping, either. Obviously some stress eating going on.

On the bright side, I've been sticking with my Curves workouts, and they've been great. I really work those machines and end up feeling pretty terrific. Great stress reliever.

TGIF, everyone!
LaurenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 06:34 PM   #9  

Hi turtles:

Lin/Lauren - thanks for the congrats!

Lin - hope you are feeling better soon, and the little gain will disappear in no time.

Lauren - moving is not fun & I know can be very overwhelming at the best of times. Hang in there!

Well, it warmed up to zero today which was nice for a change. This has been a very cold winter & for the most part dry where I am. So, I shouldn't complain about the cold since we have escaped so much snow. But, when you get inside you just don't feel like going out again in these temparatues.

Anyway, weekend is here & since I don't usually work Fridays, I got in my walk this a.m. & did 34 laps which is the most I have done in one session - that is 2-1/2 miles then had a quick swim & hot-tub. So really felt great after that.

For my dinner tonight I made up a big pot of pasta sauce with lots of veggies & had that over spaghetti squash - that has turned into one of favorite dinners & pretty guilt-free for a big plate. Yummy!

I am trying to get my "6 week no gain" at Tops this week. That is really hard to do - with some socializing thrown in, gets tricky. So that is my goal this week - to be down at the scales & get that certificate.

Hope everyone else is OK & would love to hear from all you missing turtles.
If you are lurking, let us know how you are doing.

Have a great weekend & see you "lighter"
Old 02-06-2010, 08:36 AM   #10  
Chick

Bandit, weigh to go on and you're doing great! That's very impressive doing that many laps. Following up your exercise with a nice tomato/veggie sauce over spaghetti squash is a sure winner. I made a huge spaghetti squash this week and still have a quarter of it left. I love the stuff. I took a shortcut and used a low point spaghetti sauce and added mushrooms to boost the veggies. Yum! I like the challenge of 6week, no gain. Good motivation. You're doing this!

Lin, sorry you had a tough week with being sick, etc. I hope you're feeling better very soon, will have a chance to get your favorite foods in the house and everything will fall back into place the way you want it! : You're doing great and I can't wait for you to arrive into onederland!

Lauren, : You're a good daughter to help your mom and step-dad so thoroughly. They're lucky to have you and your dh. Sounds like the stress is high right now, but it will pass as the condo gets brought up to snuff and your folks settle in. In the meantime Curves and are just great to keep you balanced!

I am so in with this group. I read us daily and watch the posts. We all are living normal lives. Sometimes we have great joy, sometimes great pain, and mostly we're somewhere in the middle getting by and trying our best. To tackle and succeed at weight loss as we progress along our journey is amazing to me! I am so proud of us. We're doing great! I think of how many times I have failed in the past, how many times I've faltered over the years since I joined www.3fatchicks.com and how supportive this group has been. Thank you all for being here and continuing to post even though you're busy. Those lurking, join us. We love your input and support and can offer you help too!

Have a great weekend, everyone! It's snowing here, but we're not going to get the blizzard that DC is going to have, so I'm grateful for that.

Judy
Old 02-10-2010, 09:08 AM   #11  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
The big snow here has started! The weathermen were on target for this one. I'm prepared with all sorts of food in the house, so now I have to watch intake and take this day as it comes.

Good luck to us all. We must all be very busy right now. :
Judy
My WW mtg. was cancelled today because it's not only snowy, but very icy on our roads. I'll make a WI at another meeting on Friday.
Judy
Old 02-11-2010, 09:31 AM   #12  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Well, today is sunny. It looks like the snow has stopped for now. Yay!

Hey, I'm sure you've all done this, but I just took my measurements again since I feel thinner. What a nice surprise! Since I've started I've lost several inches from my top, waist, and hips. For once my hips are smaller than my top. Whew! How did that happen? I've still got a huge pooch and I'll deal with that as I get thinner, but seeing the tape measure go down is a very good thing. My waist is finally smaller than 40". It just takes keepin' on and letting the fat go over time.

I know you're all busy, but I'm sending : and for whatever you're facing right now. Good luck to us all!

Judy
234.6/193/189 and deeper into onederland I can't wait to say goodbye to the 190's forever!
Old 02-11-2010, 10:09 AM   #13  

Morning, turtles:

Judy - thats great with the measurements, good for you!

I was down 1.5# at my meeting last night & got my "6 week no gain" certificate which made me very happy. As I said, that is hard to not have any kind of gain in 6 weeks.

Walked lots the past week & have had some social outtings as well.
Tonight have a Yuk Yuk thing with my ladies group - so will be having some pub grub for dinner - always a challenge. Last time we went I had nachos so maybe this time I will have chicken wings. But it won't be very point friendly, so will have to be extra good over the weekend to knock that off.

Where is everyone?

It is sunny up here today as well. Yesterday we got abit of snow, but nothing major. This is such a different winter than usual for us, but not complaining since I haven't had to shovel snow for a change.

Have a great OP day!
Old 02-11-2010, 02:00 PM   #14  
Chick

: Bandit! Weigh to go!!!!! and That's a huge and wonderful weight loss. Also congrats on having the diligence to not gain an ounce over the six weeks. Really wonderful!

Yeah, I know. This site has been sooooooo quiet. I'm really glad you chimed in. Have a great ladies night and enjoy the weekend.

Dh and I are going out to run a couple of errands and we'll have a slice of pizza. I've got the points for it and it's something he likes to do. We're having fun together.

Love to all,
Judy
Old 02-15-2010, 01:57 PM   #15  
Turtle Extraordinaire

Sorry for the silence there; just a lot going on with the parents, etc.

Judy, WTG on those measurements going down!! Isn't that exciting? Do your clothes fit differently now, too? Maybe it's about time to go out and get some new ones. I always find that motivating, trying on new clothes.

Bandit, good going on your great loss last week, too! Woo-hoo! How did "pub night" go with the ladies?

I'm down 2 pounds this week, finally losing the last of the Christmas fluff. Now to keep going! I keep hitting the nuts at work, which slows me down. Thank heavens for Curves; I know that has made a huge difference.

We had men's night last Friday at Curves, and DH came to work out with me. It was fun. He's majorly into fitness, so the routine wasn't difficult for him, but he said he got a good workout. I saw a few little beads of sweat there.

I take my blood pressure at home regularly because of a BP phobia (taking it means facing it regularly, which helps), and I've noticed that my BP has really gone down just since starting Curves, as has my pulse rate. My resting heart rate is now in the 50s! Yesterday, in fact, it was just 50. BP was 99/60. That's pretty amazing, I think, that just 6 weeks of moderate exercise would do that.

The parents are settling in, but I'm very concerned about their health, etc. More doctors' visits this week. And the stress is affecting my relationship with DH, too. It has always just been the two of us, then his mother moved nearby a few years ago, and now my parents. The changes when his mother moved near us weren't dramatic, but the dynamic is different with my folks. It's a learning curve, that's for sure.

Lin, how are you? Over your bug yet?

Have a great day, everyone.
LaurenH is offline   Reply With Quote