Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 05:32 AM   #1  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Beck Diet For Life/Solution – February 2010 – Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach

Welcome to the discussion group, support group, diet coach group, diet buddy group relating to the two books by Dr. Judith S. Beck:and the first bookThe Beck Diet Solution is a psychological program, not a food plan. It provides a step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life. The program is based on Dr. Beck's clinical research in Cognitive Therapy (CT).

The Complete Beck Diet for Life expands the earlier work and includes a food plan with suggested menus. From the cover:
With The Complete Beck Diet for Life you'll discover the 5 stages of successful dieting and maintenance. You'll learn how to motivate yourself, give yourself credit for every change you make, create time and energy for dieting, and handle hunger and cravings. Dr. Beck eases you into changing one step at a time. You'll master one task before moving on to the next. And you'll learn techniques to deal with challenging situations, such as sticking with ou plan at celebrations and dealing with "food pushers." With Dr. Beck's skills, you'll achieve a lifetime of healthful eating and lifelong motivation.
This is a place to discuss the Beck strategies and our daily efforts, to receive and provide support, and, for some of us, is where we serve as on-line diet buddy (coach) to each other.

If you’ve arrived from a search engine, you’ve landed at the site of 3 fat chicks, a remarkable place for those interested in a healthy life style, including mindful eating, exercise, and weight loss. More about the site, including how to register so that you can post can be found here.

The books are available on Amazon through the 3FC store by clicking their names above; buying through 3FC helps to cover the costs of running this site.

Previous Beck threads on 3fatchicks.com:

Beck Diet For Life/Solution – January 2010 – Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach

Beck Diet For Life/Solution – December 2009 – Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach
Beck Diet For Life/Solution – November 2009 – Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach
Beck Diet For Life/Solution – October 2009 – Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach
Beck Diet For Life/Solution – September 2009 – Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach
Beck Diet For Life/Solution – August 2009 – Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach
Beck Diet For Life/Solution – July 2009 – Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach
Beck Diet For Life/Solution – June 2009 – Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach
Beck Diet For Life/Solution – May 2009 – Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach
Beck Diet For Life/Solution – April 2009 – Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach
Beck Diet For Life/Solution – March 2009 – Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach
Beck Diet For Life/Solution – February 2009 – Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach
Beck Diet For Life/Solution – January 2009 – Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach

The Beck Diet Solution – December 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – November 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – October 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – September 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – August 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – July 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – June 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – May 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – April 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – March 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – February 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – January 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach

The Beck Diet Solution – December 2007 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution - November 2007
The Beck Diet Solution - October 2007
The Beck Diet Solution - September 2007
The Beck Diet Solution - August 2007
The Beck Diet Solution - July 2007
The Beck Diet Solution - May/June 2007

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 03-01-2010 at 04:18 AM.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:38 AM   #2  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Monday - Let the shortest month begin

Diet Coaches/Buddies - The sun was shining right through the cold when I went for my walk; CREDIT moi. Had items to buy at both Whole Foods and Trader Joe's and got caught by the FREE samples at both; Oh Well. Methinks I gotta put more effort into my FREE sample issue.

Other that that, eating was OP; CREDIT moi. Weekends include my beloved peanut butter, banana, and walnuts on toasted whole wheat bread ends sandwich. Yay for being so happy for such a simple treat. Yay for peanut butter.

maryblu - Yay for de-cluttering. Let's make February a de-cluttering month - I've stagnated and the piles remain even though many are now sitting neatly in boxes as if that was a solution to getting rid of stuff.

onebyone - Ouch for frustrating buses and burnt out. But Yay for the report on your visit with your mother that didn't get sidetracked by mother-daughter stuff. You seem to be winning there.

ChinaMaine - Snowshoeing out your back door sounds fun.

Joy (gardenerjoy) - Neat to cook up from the Perfect Storm of Cookbooks. Count me as one who really enjoyed Julie & Julia. Always think of the scene where she leaves a pound of butter at the Julia Child museum. Sending supportive thoughts to you and your brother as you continue to heal.

Shepherdess - Drooling for "butternut squash ravioli’s." There's a place nearby that makes those with a touch of Gorgonzola cheese. TDF.

CeeJay - Ouch for "a great big honking OH WELL," but Kudos for giving yourself credit for the weights and biking. Sending supportive thoughts for your two night away - your friends "no choice" and "resist" will serve you well.

silverbirch - Waving back.

Readers -
Quote:
day 17
End Overeating

In order to successfully lose
weight and keep it off, you have to stop eating
when you've eaten the amount
of food on your plan.

The Beck Diet Solution, pg 154.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Sunday

WI-up 1.1 lbs. Read my cards, made a plan. Food – on-plan; Exercise – on-plan (35 mins).
I’ve had no tiredness or fatigue for 2 days. If this lasts a couple more days, then I think I might be past this 2 1/2 month bout of it. I really, really hope so. I want to get back into regular exercise in the worst way. To that end, we went snowshoeing again yesterday. We live on a secluded cove, that is protected from most winds on the lake. We walked out of our cove and got hit in the face with a strong January wind. We turned around and decided to retreat. We walked over to the other side of the cove to do a bit of exploring. There’s a parcel of land that is definitely not buildable (butts up against a wetland) but we saw being cleared last summer. We walked around the property and found the unplowed road to town. It was later afternoon, and we didn’t want to get caught too far from home in the dark. We headed home, but maybe next weekend we’ll snowshoe up their road a ways.
The Good
- Throughout the day, I identified satisfaction vs fullness while eating, and I stopped eating when satisfied – credit!
- Throughout the day, I identified hunger vs non-hunger before I ate – yep!
- Used resistance techniques – yes even though I was hungry for hours yesterday afternoon – oh yeah!
- Tolerated non-hunger without eating – yep!
- Eat mindfully, enjoying every bite – credit!
- I posted here – yes!
- Give credit throughout the day for every positive eating behavior – yay!

The Bad, and the Ugly
- Forgot to read in the pink book

shepherdess butternut squash ravioli – yum! Would it make sense to reduce your planned amount by 1 ravioli, and replace it with protein calories of some kind?

CeeJay It’s a great idea to practice "no choice" and "resist" on your trip. If you could also practice identifying hunger vs non-hunger before eating, tolerating non-hunger without eating, and eating mindfully, enjoying every bite. I think it might help too. Good luck!

Maryblu Kudos for the decluttering.

gardenerjoy lol at your ‘homage to cookbooks'.

one by one I remember well when I rode the buses everyday. It wasn’t unusual for me to spend 90-120 mins getting somewhere. Very frustrating indeed. My aunt used to spend every winter in Costa Rica, but it has gotten increasingly unsafe over the years. She had 2 very scary incidents, one of which was life-threatening. Your DH is quite right to be careful. I’m sure he’ll be fine, but he really can’t be too cautious.

seadwaters Kudos for being on-plan for food, and for I am able to do more than I thought with a bit of pushing!. It must feel good!

Bill yay for peanut butter, indeed.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:05 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

HI.. I am back from my weekend with family. The antibiotics are kicking in a bit and I am coughing less and ears are improving. My weekend out of town with family went well. I used my second food plan (exchanges), wrote down what I ate, made thoughtful choices when eating at restaurants, drank lots of water, ate only when seated, no second helpings, did my morning stretches and strengthening exercises, and read my ARC. All major CREDIT. I am grateful. I am not sure how or why I was able/willing to do so - but, like I said I am so grateful.

I still can't taste or smell anything...it's kind of a mixed blessing. It made me say..."not worth eating it, if I can't taste it." However, I also kept trying to taste SOMETHING.

Even though I there were things I did not do while out of town I am not going to dwell on them.

Billiebe - I love apples too. Those sample stations can be magnets - they are though. It's hard to flex the resistence muscle on that one . Sound like everything elsr went well. Good!

seedwaters - glad you are back on track. So many credits, great. Learning from actions is such a good lesson indeed.

china - it is major to identify satisfaction and stop when feeling full and eating mindfully. Major cudos.

futurefitchick - it isn't easy to stay with a program when not feeling well - good for you. Hope you are all better soon.

sheperdess - not going overboard on butternut squash ravioli is huge credit. Good for you...enjoying something special in moderation.

ceejay - I love how your sister is now older! "one doable day" sounds like a good plan.

gardenjoy - chicken and dumplings - now that is comfort food in my book.

one by one - I am glad that your undereating didn't cause overeating later. Good for you heading for nutricious foods after. I

I will catch up with everyone else later. Have a meeting to get ready for.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 02-01-2010 at 09:16 AM.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:19 AM   #5  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up By seadwaters from Sydney Australia

Post by seadwaters yesterday (when it was already February in Sydney)
But moved without preserving her name by BillBlueEyes - Ouch.

Just a quick check in tonight

Nothing negative to report and I did all the program - read my cards, sat down to eat (most of the time), ate mindfully (nearly always), weighed myself, measured my food and ate on plan, and when I desired things not on the plan tried the "oh well" strategy. That could take a bit of practice - months in fact.

My weight is down 1.3kg or about 3 pounds so that is nice. I had a hectic day at physical therapy and it is productive to be forced into activity - nothing I would do willingly but I can see the benefit. I am able to do more than I thought with a bit of pushing! But tonight I am a bit sore and tired. I am also waking up at 4am and getting up which is a bit annoying given I am on leave and only went to bed at 11pm! But I feel good. Off to bed for some reading and rest
Old 02-01-2010, 08:24 AM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

Coaches/Buddies I did a lot of mountain biking this weekend, along with the usual chasing of small children and normal household activities. I did fall hard once, but fortunately my face broke the fall. Yes, I'm fine, and no permanent disfigurement.

I made some really good choices with Beck techniques, including eating half a muffin because it was enough and "oh welling" the fact that I wanted the rest.

I am considering swimming today. It's been at least 6 months since I hit the water.

Work and home have been stressful as usual. Actually work is better and home is worse, but this is the way it goes.

OK, let me take a stab at personals.

BillBE Thanks as always for starting the thread and being our fearless leader. I will second the yay for peanut butter sentiment. You must do a better job of visualizing slimy, dirty hands on those samples. Who knows what nasties you'll get?

ChinaMaine Good to hear your fatigue has abated and that you got to go snowshoeing. Sounds like fun! Love the shortness of the bad and ugly lists.

Beverlyjoy Nice to meet you! Glad your antibiotics are kicking in. I always have the hardest time staying on plan while I'm sick, so kudos for your hard work on that.

Happy February everyone. Tomorrow is Groundhog Day! Try not to get stuck!

Anne
Old 02-01-2010, 12:16 PM   #7  
Grateful Jr Member BECK

Default Cheery Sunny Hello!

Tomorrow is Ground Hogs Day, hope its not sunny like today or he sees his shadow and 6 more weeks of cold winter! I live NOT TOO far from Pauxetaney now and want to go up for the annual bringing out of the critter (the townsmen wear tophats, I think) and apparently the ground hog brew flows freely for those who brave the cold to get there---but I have therapy at noon, so I may have to wait till next year. oh well. Bill, speaking of getting up early for outdoor historical fun: have you ever gotten up at 4am to go to the Lexington reenactment of the Revolutionary war? Love it!

1by1: your stories remind me of Melody Beattie's. I enjoy reading your saga!

Futurefit: I got em--the good vibes! Thanks so much and back at you!

Pengie: getting past denial is so part of our journey. Kudos for hitting the Beck again. Do you have the green book yet? The ironic thing to me is that when I exercise the resistance muscle, it, of itself, seems to remove the blinds of my denials....it's like a payment I make to get to know myself better.

GDjoy: I agree totally with the vegetable cravings obstacles! However, I think it can be trained: I have learned to look forward to raw cucumber at 2 meals a day, and even, I might say, 'desire' the curried roasted carrots at Whole Foods. Yummm. At least I know I am disappointed when they don't have them in the buffet! And as for Beck, do you have the green book yet? I'm not sure I read it there (might have been Cousens' Conscious Eating) but I think she says not to chew gum....get used to an empty mouth. And I just bought a big pack of gum. Drat!

HAVE A GOOD DAY ALL!
Old 02-01-2010, 12:41 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 137/137/125

Height: 5'3"

Had a good family day yesterday. We went to see dh’s great aunt. DH and I have been going through a lot of old family documents and photos, so we brought the pictures over to her and got her telling stories on all of the family. She seems to get a kick out of telling us the good stories. After seeing her, dh and I went to the cemetery to get the names and dates right. His great aunt is very sharp, but she gets the generations mixed up. It probably sounds a bit morbid to walk around the cemetery, but it’s nice to have a place to visit these people, most of whom died before dh and I were born. We’re feeling like we’ve been getting to know them.

After collecting stories and visiting the cemetery, we went had dinner with dh’s dad and stepmom. I managed to stay on plan, despite being repeatedly asked if I wanted a beer or glass of wine. I just kept repeating that I was happy with the diet pepsi. A glass of wine did sound really good, but, you know, “no choice” and all that.
So, all in all, it was a good day, even though there was little exercise.

ChinaMaine, glad to hear that your energy is returning and your ready to get back to exercise in the worst way. Your snowshoeing sounds like a lot of fun. I’m going to have to try it one of these winters. Your idea with the raviolis is a good one. I’ll have to try it next time.

CeeJay, kudos for all the exercise. Ouch for straying off plan over the weekend. Weekends can be tough, but good job saying “Oh well” and taking the time to figure out what went wrong. Good luck on another trip. Just remind yourself that you were successful on your last trip and you can be successful again.

Maryblu, lol at “Now she gets to age beyond me.” Glad you had a great celebration with your sister, and good job getting back on track afterwards.

Gardenerjoy, I am dying to see Julia and Julia—maybe one of these weekends dh is gone. Love the cooking, but it is a once in a while thing. Good for you for indulging a bit while realizing why it can only be an occasional indulgence.

Onebyone, good job nourishing yourself and then getting the rest you need. Ouch for the frustrating day with public transportation. Glad your dh is playing it safe—sounds scary to me.

BillBE, yay for the sun shining through the cold so you could have a pleasant walk. Ouch for free samples—I’m beginning to think I’m lucky that the closest trader joe’s or whole foods is a three hour drive from here.

Beverlyjoy, glad to hear you’re feeling better. Great job staying on plan and keeping up all of your good habits on a family weekend. As for “I am grateful. I am not sure how or why I was able/willing to do so - but, like I said I am so grateful.” Don’t sell yourself short, you were able to do it because you’re strong.

Seadwaters, huge credit for a day with nothing negative to report! Congrats on dropping kg and lbs!

Wndranne, ouch, but lol at “I did fall hard once, but fortunately my face broke the fall.” Yay for all the exercise and I hope it eases the stress from home and work. Kudos for eating half a muffin and saying “oh well” to the rest.

Midlifecrisis57, the Ground Hog day celebrations sounds like a lot of fun, but I would have trouble turning down the brew. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for a cloudy day and a winter on its way out!
Old 02-01-2010, 01:20 PM   #9  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Scale says +3

How much longer can I call it "water weight"??
Old 02-01-2010, 02:40 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 273.5/251/245

Height: 5'8"

Coaches/Buddies, I went along with my husband to his race yesterday, but I did not ski because I was too sick. I pretty well ran between the car to read papers and to the bottom of the race hill to take his picture on his 6 race runs down. I did make it to the gym today for my first gym workout without my trainer there to keep the big bad gym bullies (that only have actually existed in my head) to make fun of “fat girl”. Go me! But, I think I need to pay better attention to the weights my trainer has been using so that I don’t overdo it. I did require a mid-day rest (but not bad for being sick in my opinion). On the sad side, my digestive system appears to be upset with me for having merely provided it with essentially a liquid diet for the past several days. Anything firmer than an overcooked noodle hurts too much to swallow at the moment. And I would love for that congested feeling in my ears to please go away.

Also, I’ll jump on board the decluttering train this month.

Today’s Essentials:
Weigh-in: +4.0 lbs., which I don’t understand!!
Read Advantage Cards two times: yes
Read Response Cards at least two times: yes
Ate slowly, sitting down, noticing every bite: yes
Gave myself credit when I engaged in helpful eating behaviors: yes
Did spontaneous exercise: yes
Did planned exercise: yes
Wrote out food plan for tomorrow: just playing it by ear based on how I feel
Tracked today’s food: yes

BeachPatrol, good to see your post. You can ditch the three. Just pull out your book!

BeverlyJoy, your weekend success sounds stupendous. It sounds like you really prepared ahead and the Beck strategies are really becoming second nature to you. That’s terrific.

BillBlueEyes, I like the soy milk for the isoflavones. Go functional foods! Maybe you could shop with big woolen mittens duct taped to your hands. Then, you couldn’t try to eat a sample in one of those little cups without getting fuzz on your food (YUCK!) and you’d be indirectly supporting Shepherdess.

ChinaMaine, glad you had a good day snowshoeing. Fantastic job at identifiying satisfaction and stopping. That is awesome! Your cove sounds wonderful, January wind and all.

CeeJay, crossing my fingers for you that you get back on track.

GardenerJoy, your evening sounded splendid and a wonderful way to celebrate that film. I bet that you were ready for suck an event.

Maryblu, happy decluttering.

Midlifecrisis57, hope today’s a great eating day.

Onebyone, sorry to hear about your rough day.

PatchworkPenguin, great self-observation and correction on giving yourself credit.

Seadwaters, glad to hear you’re back on track. Those bad days can really take it out of you. Really good job on revisiting previously read chapters and acknowledging you’ve been desiring food all day but weren’t actually hungry. Congratulations on getting rid of 1.3 kg. That’s great. I liked your report on “Oh Well”. I haven’t gotten to that one yet, but will let you know how it goes. Too bad about the sleep, but maybe you just don’t need the extra hours right now?

Shepherdess, mmmm… Squash ravioli. Such a treat! Glad to hear you were on plan the other day. I’m sure your ancestors appreciate you bringing their memories about again. Fantastic job on “No choice” for beef and wine!

Wndranne, oops! Your face! Great job on the “Oh Well” muffin!

Last edited by FutureFitChick; 02-02-2010 at 07:24 AM.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:48 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Futurefitchick - last week you asked me What do you mean by “time food”? - what I mean by that is I keep track on how long I take to eat meals and snacks. I am a very very fast eater and I am really working on slowing down.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:46 PM   #12  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Thumbs up in fog all day

Good Evening Coaches:

I'm thrilled it's Groundhog Day tomorrow. Also it's an ancient Celtic Fire Festival day, meaning the wheel of the year turns another bit-and I may add, another bit toward the sun

DH and I skyped tonight. What a time we live in. I could see him in Costa Rica, he could see me in Ottawa, and we are talking to each other for over an hour, all for free over the internet. I remember how out there it seemed for us to think of phone + seeing the person you were talking to on a screen. Pure science fiction. Pure fantasy. Completely ordinary now.
What would it be like to be a kid right now with this stuff as your everyday experience. Very interesting.

So his first workday went well. They got a welcome package: teddy bear, squishy stress ball and squishy stress star, and headphones. They got a company overview and DH got his work laptop. He's the only foreigner in the group of 11. He said he liked it and thye had buffet lunch at his hotel (as it happened) so the lunch which he packed he saved for his dinner. DH is eating a lot of fruit including the banana! He never eats bananas here but since they are local there they are cheap and he's partaking.

For me I slept a lot today, forgetting to drop my Year of the Tiger print off at the school for the installation of our prints today. Yikes! I emailed the organizer with apologies and it looks like they are still labelling and installing tomorrow so I will be in the school show. I feel very much like this right now-->

Tomorrow I am working in the ceramic room most of the day I think. I'll load the kiln and clean some shelves and sieve the glazes, maybe make some glazes too-top off a few buckets. I need to stgart paying the room some attention. I feel I've been shirking there given my focus on my teaching and DH's stuff.

I will alos join the Beck Declutterers. Maybe I'll start a new thread for us. A Beck De-Cluttering Challenge maybe? NO CHOICE throw it out?

Beck-program-wise.
Hmmm.
I ate sitting down. credit
I ate three meals with no seconds credit
no sugar credit
was sedentary but was tired so listened to my body today credit
weighed myself once this morning and saw a 3lb drop = 263.8lbs un
officially credit for weighing myself
ate fruit credit
had cravings for sugar today did not indulge credit
had incredible desire to eat a lot today. My breakfast was much bigger than usual for me these days. O well. My food was much less than normal yesterday with lots and lots of walking. It was important for me to have the no seconds rule today. I can see where that helped me put a STOP sign at the end of my meal that I would not cross for anything. credit for having a plan for my behaviour, way more important for me today than a very strict plan for my food.

Must get to bed now coaches. See ya!
Old 02-01-2010, 11:18 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 304/294/200

Hello Everyone:

maryblu -glad you enjoyed the concert. Oh well about dinner and good for you for getting right back on track.

gardenerjoy -your dinner sounds like lots of fun. I really liked the Julia and Julie- Meryl Streep is so great.

onebyone -boo for Sunday buses. Glad you got to Skype with DH- it will make your time apart go much faster.

BillBlueEyes -I think I am going to try your whole wheat peanut butter, banana and walnut sandwich- every time you talk about it I really want it.

ChinaMaine -glad you are feeling better. Thank you for advice about concentrating on identifying hunger vs non-hunger before eating, tolerating non-hunger without eating, and eating mindfully, enjoying every bite. I am not really good at any of these things and need to keep practicing.

Beverlyjoy -glad to hear your weekend went so well while you were away. We all know that it is not easy to do.

seadwaters-good for you for being down 3 pounds- that's great.

wndranne -ouch (a real one) for falling off your bike.

Shepherdess -sounds like you had a good day and kuddos for turning down the beer and wine.

Beach Patrol - ouch for the +3, but Beck says just keep doing what you are doing and it will go down again.

FutureFitChick -hope you are feeling better soon.

I am checking in from the hotel. I am so happy to say that I am on track.

Credit today for:

-Weighing in.
-Riding exercise bike at hotel for 30 minutes. There was no one in the exercise room which was good, cause I am not sure I would have gone in if there was someone in there. Plan B was going to be a walk, but it is pretty cold and windy out there.
-Doing weights- yep I brought the weights along with me
-For food- ate my regular food today for breakfast, lunch and snacks. I got to the city at 4:00. My usual routine in the city (preBeck) was to order into the hotel room, either Chinese or pizza. Tonight I went to a restuarant alone- something I usually hate doing. I ordered reasonable food (pasta and seafood- no cream sauce)and read my advantage and response cards while waiting. I did not feel so strange being there alone after all.
-And I am posting to my coaches.

Honestly if I can deal with these trips to the city and staying at the hotel, I am going to be sooooo glad.

Good night all!!
Old 02-02-2010, 04:46 AM   #14  
Super Moderator

Thumbs down Missing Operating System

All - Gigantic ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH. My laptop just announced that the Operating System is missing.

Sending warm thoughts to you all from DW's computer. I've got a problem to solve.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:46 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 273.5/251/245

Height: 5'8"

Coaches/Buddies, still sick. Cough, cough, cough. Blech!

Today’s Essentials:
Weigh-in: -2 lbs.
Read Advantage Cards two times: yes
Read Response Cards at least two times: yes
Ate slowly, sitting down, noticing every bite: no, I need to pay better attention to this
Gave myself credit when I engaged in helpful eating behaviors: yes
Did spontaneous exercise: yes
Did planned exercise: none scheduled today
Wrote out food plan for tomorrow: playing it by ear due to being sick
Tracked today’s food: yes

BeverlyJoy, time eating sounds like a good idea.

BillBlueEyes, bummer about your OS. Hopefully it resolves painlessly.

CeeJay, great job at the hotel with exercise and eating out alone. I know that takes a little getting used to.

Onebyone, great job on no seconds!
Closed Thread