Old 02-01-2010, 05:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Default Accountability, menu, exercise etc - week of Feb. 1

Are you looking for a place to post your daily menu, exercise, accountability, a little chat, etc....Please join in.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:54 AM   #2  

Glad to be back home. I think the antibiotics are helping my cough and cold.

I did well while out of town over the weekend. I wrote down all my food and kept track of the food exchanges. I made pretty good choices. I am grateful.

today
breakfast - english muffin with pnb, clementine
lunch - egg white scramble with mushrooms,, turkey pepperoni and cheese, toast
snack - yogurt, fruit
dinner - tomato soup, cheese toast, green bean salad
snack - cereal, fruit, milk

I hope you all have a great day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 02-01-2010 at 07:06 AM.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:38 AM   #3  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! Saturday I had the monster of all migraines and yesterday was the not so fun "hung over" day after a migraine....ugh.

Today I am ready to jump back in w/ both feet! Gym clothes are packed and waiting for me in the car (gym days this week are M, W, and F). I have a healthy lunch packed and I have already started drinking water. I did NOT drink much water over the weekend, so I need to get back on track w/ that.

Have a great OP day everyone!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 315/284/onederland

Height: 5'6"

Mornin' Chickies! I'm new here and jumping right in.

Hoping my Walk Away the Pounds dvds arrive today, so I can skip that pesky treadmill.

Breakfast this morn is

Oatmeal
Blueberries
Milk

Lunch will be:

Homemade chicken salad w/ celery, grapes and light dressing
Romaine lettuce
Whole wheat pita
Milk

Dinner is:

yet to be decided

Snack:

Yogurt sprinkled w/granola
Fruit?

Sad to say I'm actually up a couple of pounds today. I think AF is coming, which would explain it. I've GOT to start marking my calender every month, as I'm clueless of when I'm actually due. I'm thinking it's now-ish, though.

Last edited by Blairsey; 02-01-2010 at 09:09 AM.
Blairsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:07 AM   #5  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Well, it seems like the trend goes something like this: throughout the week I eat well, do my exercises, and even lose a little weight. Then comes the weekend. I go out to eat, perhaps over-indulge a bit, or just not make the right decisions on what to eat, and then I gain the weight I lost back. Rinse and repeat. Now I haven't weighed in yet, I will tonight after my 30-60 minutes of exercise (I'm thinking 30 min cardio/aerobic and 30 minutes strength) so I can't confirm any weight gain yet, but I did eat out for about 4 meals over the weekend. I *think* that I made healthier choices, and more importantly, stopped eating after I was full, and even eating slower, but I still think I ate too much sugary, salty and fatty foods that probably had too many calories.

Example: I went to Panera Saturday morning to meet with a client. I got the fuji apple chicken salad (without Gorgonzola because I don't like it!!) and the turkey artichoke panini for around 650 calories. It was my breakfast and lunch, and since I was meeting with a client, it took me about an hour and a half to eat it, whereas normally I could probably polish the whole thing off in about 15 minutes.

For dinner, we went to a Mexican restaurant where they set out salsa, chips, and then my sister in law got some queso. Normally I find myself eating a ton of chips and fresh salsa and cheese... against my better judgment, I did have some of the fatty, oily cheese dip and chips, but not nearly as much as I would have eaten in the past. I had about what an actual serving of chips and the cheese, and not more. Then, for my dinner (chicken enchilda, chicken sopa, beans, cheese & rice), I ate about half of it, and took the rest home.

Sunday, we had a dinner at church--I just had green beans & a small spoonful of potato salad, some sandwhich rollups and 2 medium stuffed shells with cheese and spinach. The kicker was that later that evening we were with some friends and they wanted to either go to cici's pizza buffet, or the chinese buffet. I didn't really want to go to either, but everyone else decided on the chinese buffet. I actually hate buffets because the food quality is poor and it's just a recipe for disaster. I probably ate more than I should have, but I had 2 plates, and put very little on each plate (I tried to keep the food from touching, or layering anything on top of each other). If I didn't like something, I just did not finish it. I still felt like I had eaten too much that day and that I had way too much sodium... so I will probably retain some water.

I hope that once we move to this new house I can convince people to just come over to our place and have dinner there more often... I've always wanted to do more dinner parties where everyone brings a dish, or just pitches in like $5 a person which is a lot cheaper and healthier than eating out.

Last edited by rakel; 02-01-2010 at 10:07 AM.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:28 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 297/257/184

Height: 6'0"

Good morning!

I had a pretty good weekend. I feel like I'm coming down with the cold though that my hubby's had for the past week (thought I may actually escape it!) I'm hoping that it's shortlived. I feel like I had a pretty good week but we'll find out here in a few hours when I go weigh in at Weight Watchers...

Beverlyjoy - I'm so glad that you are feeling better AND that you were able to stay on track over the weekend! Way to go! I'm hoping to follow in your footsteps with this cold. I was so impressed how you stuck to your plan even when not feeling 100%

mj5 - Sounds like your week is off to a great start! I love your motivation...it inspires me

Blairsey - WELCOME! Your plan looks awesome! Glad you've joined us

rakel - I'm just so impressed by your awareness. I love how you admit that you weren't perfect over the weekend, but are trying to learn from it. We'll get there...I just know it!

Here's my day:

b - apple, lite coconut milk, high fiber cereal - 5
s - yogurt - 3
l - cottage cheese, rice crackers - 3
s - orange, high fiber oatmeal macaroons - 5
d - Chicken torta - 6

Exercise - 60 min. walk to/from Weight Watchers meeting

Hope you all have a fabulous day!
brandijune44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:42 AM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

HI ..well the day has finally came.Im going to have a grandson today. I am trying hard to keep from nervous eating. I will be going up tonight to see him. Hospital rules are alot stricter than when my granddaughter was born. So only 2 people at a time in the room.
I lost 1lb last week. At this rate it will take all year to make goal..but thats ok by me!!
breakfast- wheat chex cereal and half cup of milk 4.5 points
lunch- soup at hand 1pt and an apple 2pt
dinner- on the road..going to try and make good choices.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:02 AM   #8  

Hey Chicas,

The weekend was just wretched mood wise but I feel much better today. I gained 1.2 lbs but I think it's because of PMS. I'm giving up the Kettle corn again because I just can't handle it responsibly. I bought some 100 cal packs of other stuff to see if I can manage better.

The Coolness:
I'm a part of a social networking group for women. We get together and do dinner and other activities. They're the peeps I'm doing the Biggest Loser with. Well, a TV producer caught wind of the group and our weight loss competition and wants to do a TV show about us!!! So this morning I went to an interview for a potential TV show about my networking group's attempt to lose weight together. It was interesting. Let's see if anything comes of it.

I didn't work out this morn because of the interview but I am going mall walking this evening and hope to get a little Wii play in. Exercise this week is Mon-Wed, Fri (walking in the morn, Wii Active in the eve). Biggest loser group work out on Saturday (African Dance!!!).

Food for the day:
Morning
1 serving(s) Peanut Butter Cliff Bar 5
6 oz Strawberry nonfat 3

Midday
mixed veggies 0
lean cuisine 6

Evening
green beans 0
1 Slow Cooker Beef and Vegetable Stew 8

Snacks/Desserts
1 large apple(s) 2
2 small clementine 0.5
100 cal pack 2

Have a great day chicas!!!
soulnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 12:50 PM   #9  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Hi all. Well, I'm up a little on weight, 1.6 pounds. I had a little talk with myself over the weekend. While I've been going through the motions of being on plan, I don't think I'm really living it like I was before Christmas. So, I am dedicating February to be the month that I get it back together and, hopefully, start losing again. I started today with going to a new class at the gym, Body Pump. It was hard! But I can see that it will be very beneficial. I just thought that I needed to kick things up a notch. So, I'm doing Body Pump today, Spin on Tuesday, Body Flow (kind of a yoga/pilates thing) on Wednesday, Spin on Thursday, possibly Body Pump again on Friday (or I'll do cardio and weights on my own), and the cardio and weights on Saturday. Sunday is my rest day. I'm feeling kind of shaky from the Body Pump class, so I may be sore later, but I have to get something new going on here to shake up the rut I've been in. I haven't tried the Body Flow yet either, so we'll see how that goes. I'm also going to be much more diligent on recording my calories. Water is about the only thing I've been very good and consistent at doing. Anyway, I'm feeling positive about it.

Beverly: Glad you’re feeling better! Keep well!

MJ: Glad you are feeling better, too. Sounds like you have a good plan for gym week!

Blairsey: Welcome! Don’t let a couple of pounds get to you. Keep posting and plugging along with us!

Rakel: I’m with you, it is so hard when you go out to eat! It doesn’t sound like it was too bad, though. Hope your weigh in works out!

Brandi: Hope you can stay away from getting the cold!

Dgramie: How exciting, but how nerve wracking! Congrats on the new baby and the 1 pound loss!

Soulnik: Glad you’re feeling better with your mood. It happens to all of us! The interview sounds cool, you’ll have to let us know what comes of that.

Hope everyone has a good week!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:23 PM   #10  
is recommitted

Ok everyone. I was literally shocked at the scale today. I was definitely expecting for it to go up again... but I guess my method for eating out this weekend worked because the scale plummeted down to 311.4, which puts me at 16.6lbs lost since November!! I think my points still stand about sugary, salty, fatty foods though so I will continue to work on that. I weighed 314.4 on the 23rd, which is a 3lb loss in 8 days. Now, normally I would be skeptical of this weigh in, because usually "wooshes" like this are in the morning before I eat anything, but I did this at night like I usually do, so there's got to be an actual loss there. So, I'm pretty encouraged by this
Old 02-02-2010, 09:07 AM   #11  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! Well, the scale stayed the same this week, but that's ok....better than a gain! I did go to the gym last night and did my planned cardio. It felt SO good!

Hopefully today will be a better day at work...I spent all yesterday afternoon fixing other people's mistakes. NOT fun!!!

Have a great OP day everyone!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:16 AM   #12  

Hi Chicks! It is good to be back home in my food comfort zone. I love travelling, however, it's challenging with the food some times.

Yesterday was a good food day. Also....for the first time in about 10 days I can taste something. YAY I am grateful for both.

Today I was suppose to take my mom in for an outpatient procedure. But, she has a headcold and they must reschedule. So...I kind of have a free day. I think I will work in my office and start sorting for taxes. (ugh)

For today:

breakfast - eggs with mushrooms, ketchup, pnb toast, clemetine
lunch - turkey and cheese sandwich (open face), lite mayo, green beans
snack - yogurt, fiber bar
dinner - leftover ginger seabass, rice, cauliflower
snack - cereal, milk, fruit

log food and time taken to eat meals and snacks
fork down between bites
no seconds
exercise
lots of water
mindful eating
think about cravings vs desire vs hunger
meditation

Rakel - I am so glad the scale went down. It helps you figure it all out.

slash - your February goals are so good. And - the new class will get you going in that direction.

soulnic - I love your social networking group. Sound like fun. I found that the hundred calorie packs were helpful for me.

dgrammie - so exciting about your grandson coming. I am praying for an easy healthy delivery. Down one pound is fantastic.

brandijune - I hope your cold is short lived!!! Remember - what ever the scale says at ww is that moment in time. Always give yourself credit for all the things you do all week...not just that number on the scale.

Blairsey - WELCOME!!! Enjoy your new dvd's.

MJ - sorry to hear about your migraine over the weekend. Glad it's over!! Glad you could make it to the gym.

Have a great day, folks.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 02-02-2010 at 10:32 AM.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:57 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

Hey! Can I join in?!?! I'm trying to kick it back into high gear this month.

My plan for the day:
B- small smoothie made with banana, almond milk, and amazing grass; hardboiled egg; mini whole wheat bagel with all fruit
L- told a co-worker I'd go to the Indian buffet with her. Not ideal, but I've been planning for it
D- Whole wheat wrap filled with chicken, veggies, and salsa
No snacks today because of the buffet.
No exercise today since I have to go to my part-time after work. It's retail so I kinda count it as exercise. I had pole dance class last night though!

I'm pretty much a calorie counter. I try to eat 1500 on lazy days and 1800 on workout days. I work out about 4 times a week. I'll be reporting back on the buffet later.

Soulnik: Can I just say that I LOVE my 100 cal paks of Kettle Corn!!! I buy the pack that has 5 kettle corn and 5 butter (it's cheaper), and I always eat those first.

Last edited by beaka; 02-02-2010 at 10:00 AM.
beaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:05 AM   #14  
is recommitted

I'm having some serious menstrual cramps today... I feel it ache in my hips, lower back and abdomen. I'm also feeling a little "CRAY-ZEE" because I'm pretty emotional, getting upset/crying for basically no reason. Sigh. The joys of womanhood.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:43 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 297/257/184

Height: 6'0"

Good morning everyone!

It's kind of crazy this morning but I did want to check in to say "hello!" According to the Weight Watchers scale yesterday I lost 3.4 pounds last week which I am estatic about. Beverlyjoy - thank you so much for reminding me that "success" is not solely determined by that number though. I need to keep reminding myself of that...that was my "old" thinking! Anyways, I gotta run but I'll be thinking about you all today...
brandijune44 is offline   Reply With Quote