Old 01-31-2010, 03:10 PM   #1  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Default Frenzied Feeding of Faces is Forbidden in February

HERE WE ARE.....LANDING IN FEBRURARY. THE MONTH OF LOVE

THE GOAL FOR THIS MONTH SHOULD BE THAT WE ALL LOVE OUR BODIES AND TREAT THEM BETTER. AFTER ALL....THEY GOT US THIS FAR!

CHEERS TO A WONDERFUL MONTH FILLED WITH GOOD HEALTH AND SOME GREAT ACCOMPLISHMENTS

Last edited by MELODY525; 01-31-2010 at 03:34 PM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 03:37 PM   #2  
Happy September

JUST BUMPING IT UP OVER JANUARY
Old 01-31-2010, 07:26 PM   #3  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Reposting the pic of my frozen car...

This is a picture from my driveway. The lowest tree branches generally hang above the garage roof. As the freezing rain progressed throughout the day, the branches started to hang lower and lower until they eventually engulfed the car and touched ground. Looking at it, it sort of looks like the branches are in front of and away from the car, but they are actually surrounding the car. I would have to break branches to get in either door. DH tried to scrape the ice off the windows but could not get to most of them. Should be 48 degrees tomorrow so the ice should be melted by sunset.

happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Hey Mel, I thought I saw a rose there today, oh it has just arrived, some minutes after the rest of the thread and Happy's car.

Happy, I showed the pic to my Canadian friend in the office, he shivered, mentioned that he had been there, done that, then turned on the aircon and said he was getting hot and was sorry I was going to be cold. But I left the office anyway and said he could happily live in the fridge if he wanted, but I had work to do. He came into the store later on only to hear me give Chief D*ckwit a dressing down. I didn't mince words either and told him he was as thick as two short planks and half as bl**dy useful and suggested he might remove himself from my sight for the afternoon - and I have long distance vision. Talk about a short retention span and a thick head. Anyway, the Canadian from the fridge sort of stood there with his mouth open. He didn't think I knew words like that. He also tells me that when I get mad, my elocution becomes cut glass accent and he hopes that he never has to be the receiver of my temper. Apparently it is amusing to hear someone with a accent using gutter words. But it did the trick since I haven't seen d*ckwit since.
Anyway to cut a long story short, I hope the branches frozen to the car do not damage the paintwork for you.

I did go back and see the other posts, however my brain being what it is at this time of night, I can't remember it all.

Michelle - I think you are on a loss for the week. Well done. And good on you for the exercise as well. I really need to get my act together as I am not doing as well as I should. With the constipation, I am putting on weight again as well. Not much but enough to annoy.

Annie, hope mum is doing okay. You sound like you need a holiday my friend.

Ceejay - snow in the tropics - well nearly tropics. It is amazing.

Yesterday I did a Laura and didn't get out of my jammies for the entire morning. I didn't end up going out, just didn't feel like it, so I wandered across to the shopping centre and bought a few things I needed and have wanted for a while. Then I came back and watched some footy, the news and the men's tennis final which went on and on and on. I wanted to go to bed but couldn't until I had got Roger over the line. Consequently I am paying for it today. I've been half asleep (and half mad - see above) all day.
So now that I am home, I have poured myself a glass of wine and will get some dinner in a minute. Early night tonight I think.

And with that I am off. See ya
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:45 AM   #5  
Happy September

GOOD MORNING CHICKS. I FEEL LIKE SOMEONE STOLE MY WEEKEND. SO MAYBE I WILL HAVE TO TAKE SOME OF THIS WEEK FOR MYSELF. THE KITCHEN RENNO IS INCOMPLETE. I LET THE LUNCH WOMAN IN AT 6:30 AND SHE OF COURSE IS NOT HAPPY. TOUGH. TAKE IT OUT ON THE OFFICE PEOPLE AT 9 AM! I AM GETTING OFF HERE AND MIGHT TAKE A LITTLE SNOOZE. VERY SLEEPY. THIS IS DEFINITELY A LAURA/SHAD JAMMIES DAY. THERE IS NOTHING NEW HERE TO REPORTANYWAY.
HAPPY MONDAY/TUESDAY

HAPPY~ I WAS GOING TO BRING THAT PICTURE HERE LAST NIGHT AND FORGOT. I SHOWED THE KIDS AND THEY WERE SHOCKED SO MUCH ICE CAN BE DOWN BY YOU AND CEEJAY EVEN THOUGH WE SEE IT ON THE TV. STAY WARM!

SHAD~ HOPE YOU AREN'T BEATING ANYONE UP. IF YOU DO DENY EVERYTHING!!! HAD A LAUGH AT THE MR. AIR-CON MAN!! I LOVE WHEN MOTA AND SAL BEGIN TO CURSE AND THEIR ACCENTS GET EVEN STRONGER WHEN THEY ARE ANGRY. IT'S TOO FUNNY. ONE IS SPANISH THE OTHER ITALIAN BUT THE WTF BECOMES "WHAT THE FOOK IS WRONG WITH EVERYONE". IT'S HARD NOT TO LAUGH WHILE THEY ARE THROWING A FIT. BUT TELL THE CANADIAN THAT I WOULDN'T WANT TO BE ON THE RECEIVING END OF YOUR LASHINGS EITHER........ACCENT OR NOT

Last edited by MELODY525; 02-01-2010 at 07:47 AM.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:28 AM   #6  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy February ladies -

And Happy Groundhog's Eve!! Hopefully, the little groundhog does NOT see his shadow so we can have an early spring! We're actually going to have a warm-ish week with temps in the upper 20s and low 30s. It may snow tonight and tomorrow, but hopefully not more than a couple inches.

I got a lot of work done over the weekend...and still managed a little bit of time for relaxation. I made probably the best roast I've ever done last night! Yummy! I bought a sirloin roast because it was on sale. I pan seared it first and then put it in the crock pot with onions, potatoes, carrots and celery. I seasoned it with garlic and mixed a package of Beef Stew seasoning and a package of Lipton Beefy Onion soup mix with water. I let it cook in the crock pot on high for 6.5 hours. It was SOOO tender and SOOO yummy and SOOO easy!

I was still sore yesterday from Saturday's exercise. In fact, I'm a little stiff today as well. But I managed 40 minutes of step on the Wii Fit, and tonight will be 1/2 hour of Zumba. I was going to do strength training and two 1/2 hour long Zumba classes...but I think my body will likely tell me that one class is plenty for today.

Happy - That photo of your car surrounded by ice covered tree branches is surreal. I hope you made it to work okay today. The mango salsa sounds so yummy! Since you asked, no I haven't finished revamping my website. I've been really busy on websites for two clients. In fact, I'm handling all of the online marketing for one client....Facebook, Twitter, blogging, etc.

Mel - Thanks for starting the February thread. Such a gorgeous rose! Definitely brightened up my Monday! Great thoughts about loving and caring for our bodies! Someone stole your weekend? What a rotten thing to do! I wanted to have a Laura/Shad jammies day today...but had to get to the office.

Shad - Wow, so you let the d*ckwit have it?! YGG! Too funny that you also managed to put a bit of fear and trepidation into the Canadian! Like you, I stayed up late last night watching sports. I'm hoping the caffeine kicks in soon.

Annie - I hope DS liked his special dinner last night. I'm sure you have a very heavy heart today. I'm sending you lots and lots of When my ex was in the Army, he got a bit of a vacay/break after Basic Training/AIT, so hopefully your DS will be able to come home for a bit at that time.

Laura - Did you have a nice weekend? Did you have to get together with bf's family?

I've got lots to get done today, so I'd better get on it. I'll check in later!

Love you all lots,

Last edited by diyana; 02-01-2010 at 08:29 AM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:30 AM   #7  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Happy February. Thanks for setting us up Mel. Sorry I dropped off yesterday Shad - the power blipped enough to send me into a reboot last night - figured that was nature's way of saying to go to bed. I tossed and turned for almost 2 hours after that - am very sleepy today.

As you can see we didn't get much snow but lots of ice. I can't get my car out today so DH will have to drive me (I don't like driving his car, it sits low and the headlights from on coming traffic bother me). So I need to get out of here. Will catch up with you lot at lunch time.

Ta ta, hope you all had a good weekend even if it did fly by like me and Mel's.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:41 AM   #8  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy - You are this morning's sneaker inner. Sorry that you can't get your car out, but glad that DH is going to drive you to work. Wishing you a great Monday!
Old 02-01-2010, 08:57 AM   #9  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy February Monday Ladies...........

The weekend with DS was fabulous. We had such a great time. Visited with momma, went to dinner, went to a movie that I had seen before but DS was wanting to see "Blind Side". It was a great movie so I didn't mind seeing it again. Then we went to this country bar, as DS is such a hick, and didn't get home till about 1:00 am. Sunday was the big dinner, we had 15 people, played cards, watched some skiing on the tube, then DS and I went to get his "necessities" for basic. 4 pairs of tidie whities, paper, stamps, envelopes, bar of soap and container, etc etc. He left last night, I will see hime tomorrow night for a couple of hours before he takes off. Please send me strength and encouragement, I will need it so I don't blubber in front of him. Lord knows I did enough of that last night after he left.

Took mom some spaghetti also, she loved it. Gobbled it down in a flash. She made me smile, said she missed my cooking....bless her heart.

I am well adjusting to the decaf living. After the first week or so, it has not been too awful bad. Have had headaches off and on but not steady. It is amazing what all has caffeine in it, beside coffee, tea and chocolate. Have been also drinking more water and decaf green tea.

Not seeing Mike anymore. I think he decided not to be patient with me and moved on. Can't say that I blame him. He called me on Friday to chat and mentioned he was meeting someone else Friday night for a drink. I told him to have a good time. Funny thing, I truly meant it. I guess he did as I have not heard from him since. LOL MAO. Which also proves to me he was out more for the sex rather than getting to know me. I am so very proud of myself with this relationship. I ROCK!! Of course, I couldn't have done it without all my bestest worldlies advice and support. YOU ALL ROCK!!

Chelle...don't get to hurting too much with the exercise that you cannot do it all. That might be a downfall for you. You are welcome, love momma hen.

Shad...glad the internet connection is much better, I have missed hearing your quick wittedness and great advice.

Ceejay, Happy...can't remember all that you wrote in the other thread altho I do know you had some crappy weather. Hope you are out from under it now.

MELLIE...relax darlin' and take er easy. Have some Mellie days with this cold snap. Stay in toastie warm. Speaking of toasties. CVS sells toastie toes (feet warmers) you put in your shoes. You might pop some in your house slippers.

Laura...stay OP? or do you need a rolling pin bop?

Hey's to anyone I may have missed.

Love and Hugs,
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:33 AM   #10  
Creating a Healthier Me

Annie - I'm so glad you had a nice weekend with DS and a great visit with Momma. So nice that she appreciates your good cooking!! I am definitely sending you strength in terms of DS. Though you don't need it...for you are stronger than you know. As for Mike, I am SOOOO proud of you, girlfriend! You definitely ROCK!!

Thanks for the momma hen advice. I'm not hurting so much that I can't exercise. I'm just feeling a fair bit of the good kind of sore. And I am definitely listening to my body telling me what it can and cannot handle at any given moment. Yesterday was a much less intense workout, but I still moved for 45 minutes, so that's good. I'm getting another cortisone shot in my back in two weeks, which will mean no exercise for a couple days. So I want to make sure my metabolism is good and revved before the break.

What worries me the most is I'm supposed to work a booth for my pet sitting website client at a Pet Expo on Saturday...for anywhere from 4 to 6 hours. She doesn't want people sitting at the booth, but I already explained that I HAVE to take short sitting breaks from time to time for the sake of my back. It's weird how my body can do Zumba, strength training and even step aerobics, but long periods of standing and walking are a Well, I'll sit when I need to sit and if she doesn't like it...too bad.

Last edited by diyana; 02-01-2010 at 09:34 AM.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:35 AM   #11  
Annie - Indiana

Exactly Chelle....it took me a long time to realize this life is about me first, if I am not in a good place mentally and physically, how can I be of any help to others. Good for you. Take a cushion also for sitting.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:25 PM   #12  

Hey everyone – just getting caught up on the thread. I had a decent weekend. Frustrating entertaining w/ bf because he springs last minute changes on me, but everyone had a good time at our dinner party on Sat. night. We need to do more entertaining since it keeps the house cleaner, LOL. I didn't do much of anything yesterday, but it was relaxing. I forgot my sandwich and my pedometer today. Grrr. Speaking of my pedometer – Bf and I took doggy for a walk on Sat. and I took another dogwalk yesterday and even though each walk's route was different, the steps for each were only different by 2 steps! Both were 1.09 miles, according to my pedometer. I think I'm going to name my pedometer instead of typing "pedometer". Any ideas?

Shad – Yay for affordable internet access! I do agree with you about butter. I don't use butter much, but when I do, I prefer the real thing. Especially for baking. Your latest assignment must be something else if they even have you labeling inventory!! But if that's what you had to do to get to root of the issue, so be it. I wonder if the tongue lashing witnessed by that Canadian will moderate the temps in your office space… I happen to agree that there's still not nearly enough awareness of ID fraud. I was a guest at another office building last week for a seminar and the security desk scanned my drivers' license. I was hoping that the security folks have enough controls in place when they collect that info.

Mel – Thanks for starting our February thread! I hope you enjoyed the good-looking construction guys, and will enjoy the new community kitchen! As far as unplanned things…one couple for dinner turned into two couples, and guess what time bf told me? 3 PM, about 3 -4 hours before our guests were due to arrive! Grrrr. At that point, I said, this is your baby - do what you want. I did a good amount of prep – baked brownies for dessert, cleaned house, etc. I have to admit, entertaining is a good opportunity to do really good clean-ups!

Ceejay – Hope you're making your way alright in this snow – be safe! We're supposedly getting a dusting/coating tonight.

Michelle – You really got a workout w/ that supersized Zumba class! Good job. I took doggy for walks on Saturday and Sunday but didn't go to the gym on Sunday. I did enjoy our little soiree, in spite of bf's last minute changes. Nope, didn't go to bf's mom's place on Sunday. Bf had decided after looking at the ugly recliner slipcover for a week that he didn't want it, so we returned it on Sunday– yay. I totally agree w/ you about standing and taking sitting breaks – I had to stand on the train last week for my entire ride (40-45 min), and my back was getting tired. Another good reason for me to get back into Pilates! Definitely take those breaks!

Happy – Sounds like you got a doozy of an ice storm. Good thing you could catch a ride from DH. Hope all that ice melts soon and that your landscaping didn't suffer permanent damage. That mango salsa sounds yummy.

Annie – I'm so glad you had a great weekend w/ DS and the family and got DS all set to go. Sending strength and encouragement!!! Congrats on kicking the caffeine! I guess things w/ Mike are all for the best – you're both moving on. Let's see who E-CVS finds for you now, LOL. I think I need a rolling pin bop. My weekends tend to be no P, and this weekend was definitely off track – bf made ribs, mac n cheese & green beans for our dinner party, and someone brought read beans and rice, and we also made sangria. Yum.

Happy Monday/Tuesday all!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:40 PM   #13  
Creating a Healthier Me

Default This is SO funny! Enjoy!

A friend emailed this to me and I just HAD to post it. I can totally relate!!

WOMAN'S WEEK AT THE GYM

If you read this without laughing out loud, there is something wrong with you. This is dedicated to everyone who ever attempted
to get into a regular workout routine.

Dear Diary,
For my birthday this year, I purchased a week of personal training at the local health club.
Although I am still in great shape since being a high school football
cheerleader 43 years ago, I decided it would be a good idea to go ahead and give it a try.
I called the club and made my reservations with a personal trainer named
Christo, who identified himself as a 26-year-old aerobics instructor and model for athletic clothing and swim wear.
Friends seemed pleased with my enthusiasm to get started!
The club encouraged me to keep a diary to chart my progress.
Started my day at 6:00 a.m. Tough to get out of bed, but found it was
well worth it when I arrived at the health club to find Christo waiting
for me. He is something of a Greek god-- with blond hair, dancing eyes, and a dazzling white smile. Woo Hoo!!
Christo gave me a tour and showed me the machines.
I enjoyed watching the skillful way in which he conducted his aerobics class after my workout today. Very inspiring!
Christo was encouraging as I did my sit-ups, although my gut was already aching from holding it in the whole time he was around.
This is going to be a FANTASTIC week!!
My legs were a little wobbly on the treadmill, but I made the full mile.
His rewarding smile made it all worthwhile.
I feel GREAT! It's a whole new life for me.
Driving was OK as long as I didn't try to steer or stop. I parked on top of a GEO in the club parking lot.
Christo was impatient with me, insisting that my screams bothered other club members.
His voice is a little too perky for that early in the morning and when he scolds, he gets this nasally whine that is VERY annoying.
My chest hurt when I got on the treadmill, so Christo put me on the stair monster.
Why the heck would anyone invent a machine to simulate an activity rendered obsolete by elevators?
Christo told me it would help me get in shape and enjoy life.
He said some other crap too.
He took me to work out with dumbbells.
When he was not looking, I ran and hid in the restroom. He sent some skinny witch to find me.
Then, as punishment, he put me on the rowing machine-- which I sank.
If there was a part of my body I could move without unbearable pain, I would beat him with it.
Christo wanted me to work on my triceps. I don't have any triceps!
And if you don't want dents in the floor, don't hand me the darn barbells or
anything that weighs more than a sandwich.
The treadmill flung me off and I landed on a health and nutrition teacher.
Why couldn't it have been someone softer, like the drama coach or the choir director?
strength to even use the TV remote and ended up catching eleven straight hours of the Weather Channel..
I still say if God had wanted me to bend over, he would have sprinkled the floor with diamonds!!!
Old 02-01-2010, 03:15 PM   #14  
Creating a Healthier Me

Laura - I agree that occasional entertaining helps keep the house clean. That's the motivation I need too. Sorry bf sprung an extra couple on you at the last minute, but glad it all worked out okay. I hate standing on a train or a bus mostly because I'm short and it's sometimes hard to find stuff to hold on to, but I usually end up doing it because DH can't stand because the jolting/lurching of the vehicle really messes with his knees.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:52 PM   #15  
Annie - Indiana

Geez Chelle...LMAOOL WROTFL