Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-01-2010, 07:04 AM   #1  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs up Binge-free challenge ~ Feb. 1 - 7

Good Monday morning, chickies! Let's make this a binge-free week. All are welcome!
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/125/125

Height: 5'6

I'm in!

Day 12 for me today.
Lizaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Today is my day ONE again. I have decided that THIS is my new year. I am going to stay within my points (it is not an option to go OP) and I am not going to weigh until the end of the month. I mean, if I stay within my points, how can I gain "real" weight, right? That is my strategy. Wish me luck!
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:03 AM   #4  
Kristen Denece

S/C/G: 196/196/140

Height: 5'4

day 1 for me too i feel apart this weekend back on the wagon TODAY day 1 here we go!
KristenFlynn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Major confession time: I was at day 83 on Saturday, then Sunday, I fell. I had gotten some bad news from a professor about my work, and some feedback from a friend about some other work, and it wasn't good, and I felt really, really crappy. I had a friend visit me over the weekend, and so I ate poorly (though didn't binge with her here), and I didn't get any work done over the weekend. So on Sunday, I felt overwhelmed with all of the work I had. And I was still feeling crappy about the feedback I had gotten. And physically I felt gross and bloated from the bad quality food I had eaten with my friend (not too much food, just bad salty, yuck).

And I stopped caring. I didn't care that I was at 83 days, and that I had wanted to make it to 90 to get to three months. I didn't want to have to fight it, because I was fighting so many other negative and stressful feelings, it was just too much. It wasn't worth it.

So I binged. Not as much as I would have before, I couldn't fit it all in. I didn't feel worse emtionally, I already felt (and still feel) awful because of the other things going on in my life. But I did feel really gross physically. I can feel the bloat in my fingers, it's gross.

So today, I start over with Day 1. Yikes! Day 1 is so hard!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:37 AM   #6  
vegetarian always :)

S/C/G: 168/150.5/135

Height: 5'6"

Default day 1

Day one for me as well. I have never made it without binging for more than 7 days, but I'm hoping to beat the odds this time.

My plan right now is NO JUNK + workout every day this week. I am definitely noticing how much I need to work out. I have a much harder time falling asleep if I don't work out PLUS if I sit around eating all night, it is nearly impossible for me to go to sleep at a reasonable hour. If I can just do these two things this week, I will be so proud of myself.

Be strong all my fellow "day one'rs" and everyone else!! Have a great week!
dragonfly21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:05 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/125/125

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris81 View Post
Major confession time: I was at day 83 on Saturday, then Sunday, I fell. I had gotten some bad news from a professor about my work, and some feedback from a friend about some other work, and it wasn't good, and I felt really, really crappy. I had a friend visit me over the weekend, and so I ate poorly (though didn't binge with her here), and I didn't get any work done over the weekend. So on Sunday, I felt overwhelmed with all of the work I had. And I was still feeling crappy about the feedback I had gotten. And physically I felt gross and bloated from the bad quality food I had eaten with my friend (not too much food, just bad salty, yuck).

And I stopped caring. I didn't care that I was at 83 days, and that I had wanted to make it to 90 to get to three months. I didn't want to have to fight it, because I was fighting so many other negative and stressful feelings, it was just too much. It wasn't worth it.

So I binged. Not as much as I would have before, I couldn't fit it all in. I didn't feel worse emtionally, I already felt (and still feel) awful because of the other things going on in my life. But I did feel really gross physically. I can feel the bloat in my fingers, it's gross.

So today, I start over with Day 1. Yikes! Day 1 is so hard!
Paris, I am so sorry about this!
You're right, Day1 is so so hard, but it will quickly turn into day 2 and then day 3 and so on! I am sure you will do great! You are such an inspiration for me.
Ever since the binge eating has started, I binged at least once a week. I just couldn't stay on the wagon for more than 5 or 6 days.

Today I am Day 12 and I've only made it this far, because I told myself to think of the strong chick on 3fc (you) who has stayed on the wagon for more than 2 months!!!
You can do this again!
Lizaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:10 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Lizaly, you are so sweet! Thanks for your encouragment.

And day 12 is awesome!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:04 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 279/275/160

Okay, I'm with you! February 1st - 7th. Easy enough right? Yeah! 14 days to break or start a new habit. I'm praying for this to work for myself and all who struggle with this as well.
iluvtori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:07 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 124/119/110

Height: 5'4"

I am calling today day 1, b/c I had a 'mini' binge (est 500 cal) last night.

I was lamenting how my weekend was crappy and I was just SO tired of fighting this fight, so I gave in. NOT WORTH the feeling I had when I woke up this morning and felt all gross and guilty.

Paris: Yes, you ruined your record, but YOU ARE HUMAN. You had a lot going on. You can get there again!! One day at at time.
DogMomNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:58 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

paris - I am very proud of you for admitting what happened this weekend and for starting on day 1 again! (instead of letting this one small event cause a ripple effect)... you are truly an inspiration!!

this weekend was hard for me as i did indulge in a couple of cookies on sat and dessert on sunday (both within my 'limits' and not a binge). I find it hard to not to just let go and binge when i have a 'treat' ...so i am proud of myself for not letting it all go and being able to report that i am earning my day 37 today!!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:00 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 279/275/160

Something that helps me ladies, Hot Green Tea 2-3 times a day. It seems to be an appetite suppresent, provides a small amount of caffiene without slowing down the metabolizm and boosts the immune system. I tend to do well when I keep a steady flow of green tea (the drink, not the pill) in my system. China Green Tips is my favorite with a little bit of honey.
iluvtori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:49 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 200/134/118

Height: 5'3

hey, I would like to join this thread.
I have never gone much longer than a week without binge eating.
I'll be doing great, eating good and exercising then all of a sudden anything can set it off, I'll be watching tv and everything that I know is in my kitchen that I shouldn't be eating starts running through my head and I can't help myself. I think this is a great idea to keep me motivated not to binge. After I binge I feel like I throw away all my good work and hopefully this will help me put a stop to it !
So, Day 1 for me : )
Caleighsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:15 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8''

I'm in!!! And boy do I need to get back on track with cutting out all the cookies and candy. I was talking to a girlfriend last night and there are a couple weekends this month that we're going out to the clubs downtown. And when I started thinking what outfits I would wear I realized that probably NONE of my clothes will fit :-( So I need to go find a new outfit, hopefully somewhere cheap, but at the same get back on track with a better lifestyle. The last thing I want is to feel FAT while I should be out having a good time and not caring how big I think my stomach looks. But wouldn't ya know, life is NEVER easy. I come into work today and the other technician brought in a whole bunch of homemade cookies AND bags of regular and peanut M&Ms. She's trying to get ppl to donate for a triathalon she's training for. So this will definitely be my first test. It's going to kill me to sit there eating my lunch with all that temptation sitting right there. I might have to go somewhere else to eat lol But here's hoping I can survive the night! Let's make it a great week ladies!

~D~
duqserb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:56 PM   #15  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Today was day 24!
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote