Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2003, 07:01 PM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Default new clothes!

la di da

I just bought myself a new pair of jeans. Still a size fat, but my old ones were dead.
I had a gift certificate from Old Navy (I know, I know... bad corporation...) from last year's birthday, and finally got around to using it.
I also bought myself a cool red polar fleece vest. You know, the extra-large was too damned small, so I hunted and hunted until I found an extra-extra-large. It's still a little tight, but I'll grow into it. But doesn't that just p you right off?! I mean, I'm fat, but I'm not ENORMOUS!! Who wears these little things?! Why is it I can buy a pair of jeans big enough to fit me, but the XXL vest is tight?!
curses.

Okay, and the other exciting thing is, I decided to go through my closet and chuck a bunch of stuff. I got rid of 4 big bags full of clothes. Ugly fat clothes that I never want to see myself in again (like leggings), and ridiculously small jeans that I'm never going to fit into again.

I feel GREAT!! The whole thing was very therapeutic. I highly recommend the experience. Buy yourself a new article of clothing and get rid of some of those ugly fat clothes. Those raggedy ones that we think are all we deserve.

If we look good, we will feel good! And if we feel good, we will eat less!!

Okay, that's my theory for today. It'll probably be useless tomorrow, but today... it was good.
Old 01-08-2003, 07:16 PM   #2  
Hardcore UFOs

Oh, I totally agree with you, Ellis! I have resolved that as soon as I "outgrow" (or should I say "undergrow?) an article of clothing becuse it is too big, OUT IT GOES! I am not saving any of my fat clothes, because I am never wearing them again!

I am holding off on buying new clothes for now, as I still have plenty that fit, and I sort of want to wait until I can buy a drastically different size... which kind of goes against the point of your post... but I DO agree with it... I'm just kind of funny that way...
Old 01-08-2003, 07:25 PM   #3  

Good for you, Choci!
And I agree... why would you buy new clothes until you're a little smaller? I just HAD to have a new pair of jeans, though. My old ones were all ripped in the butt, and I'd actually started wearing some ugly old track pants in their place. blah!!
I guess that was one of my thoughts. I feel slimmer and better in jeans, and when I wear sweats all the time I feel DISGUSTING, and eat more and more and more...

I work at home, and it's easy to slip into the "comfortable slob look". Naturally when I am a waif, I will look good in slobs, but in the meantime...
Old 01-08-2003, 08:01 PM   #4  
Searching

I make myself wear jeans sometimes, even after reaching for the sweats. It reminds me what my goals are and helps me take additional pride in my appearance. Which gives me the self confidence and motivation to be the best dieter I can be!

I THINK I CAN!
Miss Chris
Old 01-08-2003, 08:13 PM   #5  
Five by Five

Congrats on the new jeans! I don't even begin to try and understand Old Navy's sizing.

I received a few gift certificates for the holidays and I am saving them until I am a 14 or so. I cannot wait. Hopefully it will happen during the summer.
Old 01-08-2003, 08:53 PM   #6  
a brave new me...

Angry I'm with ya Ellis...

I have been giving away all of my size 18's and even a few 16's to my sister. And given that I love to shop for clothes, I always have to buy stuff to replace it. However, I have sworn not to buy any new clothes until spring... well... at least March. I've been losing pretty consistently and it will be a waste of money for me to buy any cold weather clothes. YAY!!
Old 01-08-2003, 10:07 PM   #7  

Exactly, Chris!! The only problem is, if I don't wear my jeans on a regular basis, I realize how uncomfortable they really are. Compared to my sweats.

I bought a size 16, Madeleine and Sojo. Stretch. The darned things are sized "Short", but they're still too long. I need Ruthie to come and hem them for me.

Sojo, I can't imagine you EVER being a size 18! You just don't look like a fat person. Ummm, that's a compliment.
Old 01-08-2003, 11:20 PM   #8  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

do dee do dee do dee do dee (Twilight Zone music)

Too weird Ellis! Guess what I have been doing since I got home tonight? Cleaning out my closet and all my drawers and doing laundry!!!! What a coincidence

I put 2 bags of clothes and 1 small bag of scarves, gloves etc. in the charity donation bin in the laundry room of our building.

You are right, it was very therapeutic to get rid of all that old ill fitting stuff! Plus I couldn't see the clothes I could wear for the clothes I couldn't wear and was always complaining that I had I had nothing! Feels like I just found a whole new wardrobe, does this make any sense I also discovered that I own 12 plain black skirts time to put some colour into my wardrobe ~ I tossed seven of them

BTW I don't own sweats for the simple reason that I feel slobby in them and they affect my mindset I actually feel more comfortable in jeans. When I want to Schlep around the house I have lounging pjs and fuzzy slippers
Old 01-08-2003, 11:25 PM   #9  

Too much, Mauvais!
Listen hon, next time just drop your old clothes on my verandah, will ya?
I was thinking the same thing about MY wardrobe... I found a few "new" things in there. And you should see my dressing room... it is SO tidy!
And yes... I noticed that my wardrobe is very "dark" in colour, but that's okay... it's what suits me best.
Old 01-09-2003, 12:32 PM   #10  
a brave new me...

Talking HAHAHAHA....

Ellis, trust me... I fit very well into a pair of 18 pants not so long ago (although still usually a 14/16 top). I've got hips and a bootie and thighs and DD breasts and I'm only 5'1"... not a good combination at my former 198. Thankfully I have a lot of muscle and gain weight proportionately, which helps. But I am so thrilled... today the scale flashed a 185 at me for just a moment (it was hovering between 185 and 185.5). These pounds lost have really made an amazing difference. And I'm noticing that my cursed second chin is starting to recede...

Last edited by Sojourner; 01-09-2003 at 12:35 PM.
Old 01-09-2003, 12:58 PM   #11  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

GOOD FOR YOU ELLIS!!! Wearing old pants with a worn out crotch (my usual thing) just DOESN'T make you feel very good about yourself, does it? Nothing like new jeans and a bath to help you feel better!!!
Old 01-09-2003, 03:04 PM   #12  

Who said anything about a bath?

that's a joke. you picked up on that right away, huh?
Old 01-09-2003, 06:41 PM   #13  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Your having a bath in your new jeans ( )
Old 01-09-2003, 08:11 PM   #14  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

I know Ellis.....too much too soon!! (Hey! I'm sitting here with greasy hair, smelly pits, and my now NOT so new jeans need washing!!!)
Old 01-09-2003, 08:23 PM   #15  
Canadian, eh?

Hey Dentrassi - you can be our postergirl!

Did the closet thing in December, isn't it amazing how many clothes we hang onto that we *know* we'll never wear again? I'm with you ladies on the jeans - couldn't be without them. I have a black pair that are my pant-o-meters. They fit for about 2 days last summer, but by spring I wanna be comfy in them!
Closed Thread