Old 01-30-2010, 05:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

Default sparkpeople question

Hi there everyone, I have a quick question for those of you who use Sparkpeople. When entering the information on chicken breasts it gives the options of a unit or a breast, which is the standard amount? I'm currently at school and have no way of weighing the meat, so I was wondering what you enter. I hope this question makes sense, I guess what I'm getting at is what is the difference between a unit of chicken breast and a breast.
effie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:17 PM   #2  
19Deltawifey

This is what has always confused me also about sparkpeople also. I have been using sparkpeople for about 2 months now and usually if Im not sure of the nutrition value I just google it or I go to where people manually entered food and I use what they put. I think 1 chicken breast is about 160 cals but Im not sure
Old 01-31-2010, 02:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/131

Could you divide the weight of the package by the number of breasts in the package, and come up with an average weight- then base the measurement on that? It might be a little bit off for each individual breast, but it would work out even by the time you worked your way through the whole pack.
chickiechic is offline   Reply With Quote