Old 01-30-2010, 02:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 224/?/145

Height: 5'3" Fun Sized!

Talking Does anyone else do this?

Yesterday, I needed a confidence boost, so I went to my usual salon at the mall and got my hair done...

I have an obsession with Victoria's Secret, so I decided to go in and look around... I ended up buying some PINK sweat pants and a hoodie, a tank top, and two T-Shirts....

They don't fit... YET... But, they will. They're not FAR from fitting... But probably a good 10-15# more before I'm COMFORTABLE wearing them...

So, I had a thought... Does anyone else buy things KNOWING that they don't/wont fit yet?? As sort of a motivation to keep going??

I've done this for years... But, I've never really been serious about weight-loss until recently.

I have tons of new cute clothes in my closet still with tags hanging off of them... All different sizes...

My hope is that when I go in there and try them on, if something fits that didn't fit before, it's going to be a HUGE confidence boost.

Anyways! Thats all I have to say about that! =]
MrsHoneycutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 03:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 133/132/118

Height: 5'4"

I don't really do that any more, but i used to when i was in college. I remember buying this perfect little skirt in size 2 and always trying it on to see if it fit right yet. Then i realized that i was 105 pounds, and my bone structure is to big to ever get into that skirt! I ended up giving it to a friend!

However, i do have several different wardrobes, i have been so many different sizes! I have everything from a size 2-8! i look forward to getting back down to some of my size 4's that are too snug.

I did, however, buy a new pair of jeans just yesterday that are tight, and i know in 5 pounds they will be perfect. I really just need a little motivation as of late!
maenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 03:17 PM   #3  

I feel ya! I have TONS of different sizes in my closet...
I was a size 9 when I started college. I was a little heavier than I wanted to be, but I wasn't uncomfortable with myself (I'm really hippy/curvy). Now I'm struggling to fit into 15s. I think this is it though. I think I finally hit my "rock bottom", and I'm going to get to 150# at LEAST! Keep up the awesome work! You'll get there~!
Old 01-30-2010, 03:24 PM   #4  
On the way down!

S/C/G: 226/ticker/150

Height: 5'10.75

Hmm...Idk. I used to think about doing that; however, never did. I don't do this. I figure I'll save the cash and not buy any clothes until I hit goal. That way, I'm dying for some new pieces and when I finally do buy the clothes at goal, they'll be new, in season, and a treat for hitting goal.
redliss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 03:26 PM   #5  
A Whole New World

S/C/G: 172/ticker/122

Height: 5'4"

I used to do that a lot but this is the only weight loss journey which is and will be successful so I never got to wear any of the small clothes I bought as I always fell off the wagon. One thing I bought a while back is this gorgeous blue halter dress. The thing is, it is my size, a UK size 12, but the material is really clingy so I look AWFUL in it (I bought it online). I'm hoping that when I lose more weight and go down a few sizes it will fit me well even though it's a size 12.
BeautyandtheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 03:35 PM   #6  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

No, I used to have this pair of skinny jeans that I loved. I was saving them for a while to get back into them, but I gave them to my mom instead. I do have this other pair of cool red skinny jeans that fit when I was in the 160 range...so I keep those around for motivation to fit back into them. I dont buy things that won't fit me now because it'll frusterate me not being able to wear them. Not to mention the lack of funds.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 03:35 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 206/194/140

Height: 5'7

I do it all the time on clearance items. I have a ton in my closet right now. I also still have all my size 6 jeans from college that I'm hoping I will fit into soon. The worst part for me is I have such a limited wardrobe of what I can wear now because I hate buying clothes with the way I look.
Selca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 05:09 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Hi, I am not a "20 something", but I hope you don't mind if I post a response. Yes, I do it quite a bit. Here's the great thing: recently, I have been able to fit into some of the clothes that I bought awhile ago. It is a great reward for the hard work. Plus, it is nice to have some "new" clothes as you are losing weight.

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 05:45 PM   #9  

Selca- I totally feel ya! I hate shopping for clothes that fit me perfectly now... Unless I'm going somewhere, I live in my husbands baggy old sweatpants and white v-neck t-shirts... Lol, I do have clothes that fit me as I am right now, but I'd just rather be super-comfy when I'm home alone. =]

I went home to OK over Christmas, and my mom and sister (they're both size 5) got sick of seeing me slobbed out in sweats, so they made me go shopping. I didn't like buying size 14 jeans, but I did like feeling comfortable in a pair of jeans that didn't give me a serious case of muffin-top! Lol
Old 01-30-2010, 05:47 PM   #10  

Jrmohr- I don't mind at all! =]
Old 01-30-2010, 07:42 PM   #11  
On my way to Skinny!

S/C/G: SW220/150-160GW

oh Yes!! I Have Been Buying Clothes Since September, They Dont Fit, But I *want* To Fit Into Them...so It Motivates Me!!
mateosmama2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 07:59 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Not a 20 either but ... yes! If I can get into them with control top hose or something like that ... I'll be able to wear them is just a few more pounds.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:40 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 185/172/145

I don't.. but only because I have kind of a weird shape so it's REALLY hard to find clothes that fit and most stuff has to be altered anyway. Just my luck if I would buy something I LOVE in a size or two smaller I'd end up not fitting it anyway when I lost weight!!!
MyPitBullSmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:17 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Red face Of Course...

Oh I've had stuff I used to wear and stuff that I bought that I knew wouldn't fit in hopes that it would motivate me! As a matter of fact I did this a couple of weeks ago! I bought a pair of 18s (some fit and some don't but I knew these didn't. My issue is that I can't bring myself to buy a new pair of 20s.. NO!! Argh! So, those ones will fit soon, or maybe they do now... but I'll wait a lil longer.

NightAngel26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:55 PM   #15  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

I do this... as a matter of fact, I went to the mall today and tried on a pair of pants at Aeropostale. They were $6!!! I thought they'd be too small, but they actually fit perfectly (or as perfectly as they were going to, haha). I was really going to buy them in the next size down because I don't plan on being at my current size when I hit goal... Hubby talked me out of it. Anywho, I actually put on a really cute skirt I bought like 6 months ago this morning and it FIT! It didn't when I bought it, but it was SUPER cute and I knew I'd get there eventually.. I think it's a great idea! Helps as motivation and so that when I hit goal I'll have a few things to wear.
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote