Old 01-27-2010, 08:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 243/237/170

Height: 5'2

Post 3 weeks on WW with only 1.5 lb loss. Help!!

Hello Everyone!

I am pretty new to the boards but I have been reading and reading and reading all the past posts. I have learned so much from everyone and I am definitely not giving up but I surely could use some assistance.

I am 5'2 and started at 242.6. (THis is the highest I have ever been even 9 months pregnant.) I have been at this high weight about 9 months, give or take. I have steadily been gaining since moving down to Atlanta. It has taken me about 3 years to get that high weight. Before that I was 170 -190 for many years.

I have been following WW for 3 weeks. The first week did it on my own and saw no movement. So I figured I was doing something wrong. I measure and weigh EVERYTHING. Not a morsel passes my lips that isnt accounted for. REally I am not exaggerating. Week 2 - Fell ill with the flu and had no appetite. I barely used more than 16 points daily during week 2. I am now on Week 3. UGH! I am so discouraged. I am not ready to give up since WW never leaves me hungry but I want to see something on the scale. Throw me a bone. PLEASE! I am still measuring and weighing all food. Every thing.

Can anyone tell me what may be going wrong? I am allotted 30 points daily. I rarely use my weekly 35. I am a fiber junkie now more than ever. I admit I havent started a regular excersize routine but thought I would I have seen something nonetheless. My days of mindless munching have ceased. What could it be??
Amy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 341/209.1/160

Height: 5'8"

Well maybe you should eat your 35 weeklies too. I eat all the points I am allowed and I tend to lose pretty steadily. Also, being sick and not eating hardly anything probably just put your body into a little shock. I would venture to say that you probably will start losing again once you start eating again.
kerbear879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 01:57 PM   #3  

This extra slow weight loss has not happened to anyone else? I am no where near goal but it seems like the weight wants to live permanently on my butt!
Old 01-27-2010, 02:10 PM   #4  
Haley wants to run!

Height: 5'9"

I know that when I was counting calories that I was eating a lot less than I am now on WW and I spent the last 6 months trying to lose 1 pound. My 2 weeks on WW I've eaten my 37 point allotment, 35 flex points and all my activity points which is 31 points a week and in 2 weeks I've lost 7.8 lbs so maybe try eating more, exercising more and then you'll be hungrier...eating high point but still healthier food maybe....good luck, keep us posted
Haley8203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:37 PM   #5  

6 months to lose 1 lb! See, now that sounds like just where I am headed. Oh goodness nooo. I hope it aint so. Eating more just seems counter productive. Got nothing to lose. Guess I will try it.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:56 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/129

Height: 5'4"

Wow, I can imagine that you are feeling very frustrated! Have you talked to your WW leader about this? Perhaps s/he could offer some insights.

Being ill (you said you had the flu) could still be having some effects. And as everyone else noted, perhaps you could try eating all your weeklies.

I'm curious, are you eating a wide variety of foods? Maybe mixing it up a bit in terms of the type of foods you're eating would help.

Hang in there!! And let us know how the next weigh-in goes!!
SissieSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/155

Height: 5'7

Thats the best part of WW's you can eat all of your points and lose weight, A long time ago I tried the not eating all your points and thought it would help me lose more and instead I lost nothing. As soon as I went back to eating my points I started losing again. For one week try eating your points every day and see if it makes a difference on the scale.
IMNOTQUITINGTHISTIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:47 PM   #8  
So Ready

I'm right there with you; in my third week with a whopping 1.6 lb. loss. It's very, very frustrating. I did lose more the week I ate half my flex points. Last week I didn't eat any of them and had a .4 lb. loss, so I'm wondering if I should be eating more. I love WW, but...the calculus is still such a mystery to me. I feel like I'm the only person on earth who can't lose weight (yes, I know this is illogical - it's purely an emotional thought!).

When I felt like quitting yesterday I said to my husband, "I can't be here eight months from now, going insane watching this slow trickle." And he replied, "So you can be exactly where you are right now in eight months? Sad and mopey that absolutely nothing has changed? You're OK with that?" It was such a reality check. I know he's right.

Good luck to you. Keep checking in and I'll follow your progress! As long as the scale is moving down rather than up, it's a win.
traceriffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:39 PM   #9  

UPDATE - I am so happy to report that eating MORE helped the scale go down. I went down to 237!!! I ate half my weekly points in addition to making sure I was eating my entire 30 daily points. THis week I even started excersizing so I am hoping for a bigger loss this week.