Old 01-27-2010, 11:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Default Losing that baby weight...

My son who is 18 recently moved into a dorm at college. It's nice having him out of the house.

Today, it occurred to me that I need to lose 27 more pounds to get to 196. That's the weight that I weighed the first time I stepped on the scale at the doctor's office for my first pregnancy. As it happens, it's also the magic number that gets me from obese to overweight.

My son's birthday is in April, so it's probably unrealistic to shoot for it, but, that's my new goal.

Get off the rest of the baby weight to celebrate that I've raised one! (three to go, and the youngest is 4, so I've got a ways to go....):ca rrot:
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:15 AM   #2  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I wonder how it is that we all remember our pre-baby weight so well. I was at 199 upon delivery with my second son. And I remember I had just graduated up to a size 14 when I got pregnant with our first son. I don't know what the weight was though.

You will be there in no time. I've rarely seen more determination than I've seen from you, though there are several similarly determined folks on this board! Not so many in real life. You have it what it takes! You'll get there.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

I stayed basically the same weight throughout my pregnancy (because I was way overweight to begin with and lost due to gestational diabetes) and I ended up losing a ton when I had the baby. I was down to 205, which is the lowest I had been in years. It kills me to think that if I had just started then, I would have had so much less to lose. Oh well. Can't change it now. I'll be excited to get there, though.
rachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:55 AM   #4  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Yay you! Is it the end of April? If so, that's not a bad goal at all, but is around 2 pounds a week, just a little over. If it is the beginning that might be a little bit of a crazy goal. That's ok though, sometimes the crazy ones are the ones that really get me going even if I don't manage to meet them.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 01:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitGirlyGirl View Post
Yay you! Is it the end of April? If so, that's not a bad goal at all, but is around 2 pounds a week, just a little over. If it is the beginning that might be a little bit of a crazy goal. That's ok though, sometimes the crazy ones are the ones that really get me going even if I don't manage to meet them.
Yeah... the beginning of April.... Now that I do the math I realize it's probably not doable, but still, it's such a great feeling to know that probably before summer I will be back to my my pre-pregnancy weight even if it will have taken 19 years to lose it, LOL.

Rachael, I totally hear you, but don't beat yourself up about it.

In my case, in each of my four pregnancies I was actually at my lowest weights right after I had the baby and then packed on pounds, right up to my highest pregnant weight in the first couple months postpartum.

Not sure if I was hormonally vulnerable, or just found life with newborns stressful and confining (I think the latter) but my "pregnancy weight" in reality was mostly packed on immediately AFTER the babies were born.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 04:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachael View Post
I stayed basically the same weight throughout my pregnancy (because I was way overweight to begin with and lost due to gestational diabetes) and I ended up losing a ton when I had the baby. I was down to 205, which is the lowest I had been in years. It kills me to think that if I had just started then, I would have had so much less to lose. Oh well. Can't change it now. I'll be excited to get there, though.
this is exactly what happened to me too (although my weight loss during pg was helped by 9 solid months of morning sickness).

I was 246 when I got pg, I lost about 20 lbs during the first half of my pg, stablized and very slowly gained a few lbs for a while and then in the last couple of weeks put on almost 20 lbs of water weight. About two weeks after pg, I was in the 220s, and down to 214 while I was still nursing, but it's all crept back up since then. sigh.

And yes, the exact same feelings - if I had started at 214 and lost what I've lost so far, I'd be in the 180s.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote