Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 02:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Default IP Alternate Phase I

Hello all, some of us are opting to follow the Alternate Plan on the IP Diet, Phase 1. The information on it is in with the normal IP Phases/FAQs (one of them). I am not about losing the weight as fast as others are, I just want to lose healthy and HAPPILY (which means eating a little more of what I like to eat). Welcome Alternate IP dieters. This also might be a good forum for you IP Phase 2ers!!!

Last edited by Ogdog13; 01-26-2010 at 02:56 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:19 PM   #2  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Wink

Hey, Ogdog!

A sigh of relief......

I just tried the Lindora Cinnamon Raisin bar(13 carbs) and it's delicious. Especially after getting a little stressed out doing Turbotax. Torchlaker's doing Alternate phase, too
Old 01-26-2010, 06:08 PM   #3  

I just ordered some things from the new life style diet place. Yeah, a little higher in carbs but looks super yummy. Keeping my fingers crossed. I'll definitely have to try the cinnamon raisin bar from Lindora!!
Old 01-26-2010, 09:58 PM   #4  
september 21/2009

S/C/G: 227/162/160

Height: 5ft7"

hi there!

agreed with message!!

i think i will check in on this site as well as i will eventually be doing this phase anyways. after my almost month off, i need to be diligent, but once back on track will likely make the switch.

look forward to checking in with some regulars!!
Old 01-27-2010, 08:44 AM   #5  

Okay, down another .8 pounds. One more pound and I'm in the 150s. Whoohooo. Totally enjoying Alternative Phase I/ Phase 2 type eating. I missed my cheese, nuts and veggie alternative meats too much.

I am still reading through some of the other posts, and wonder if I should have started after Xmas. Xmas was the big "undoing" of the strict diet for me. That is when I really started to miss the cheese....my mom and I have a thing of playing Scrabble while eating cheese, crackers and fresh veggies. I just had to have the cheese.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:46 AM   #6  

When does one go on Phase 2? How close to your goal do you get and how long are you on it?
Old 01-27-2010, 10:26 AM   #7  
september 21/2009

S/C/G: 227/162/160

Height: 5ft7"

I am not sure about the phase 2 but will ask my coach when i see them next. I had a heck of a time over the holidays!! my mind thought was not exactly great i suppose, looking back. at the time i was just enjoying doing the "regular" things i enjoyed over past christmas's. i got on the scale every morning, and seen that i was enjoying these things but not gaining weight. (yet!) and that kind of gave the thought process that i was doing well, and "deserved" this break. i had totally intended to go back right after xmas, then got a sudden emergency call that took us away for yet another week, the day after boxing day...the situation made it very difficult to stick to plan, much less prepare! but i did do the best i could during that week. then we came back home and i had one week before our trip to mexico. that week was very hard...it felt ridiculous to be eating packets and veggies for such a short time when i knew what laid ahead in mexico. weak way of thinking, i know. but i never intended to be good in mexico!! that was supposed to be my big break! i did not know that things would be so strange before the trip. but it did give my incentive to get right back on plan when i got home, which i thought would be harder. mind you it is only day 3 for me starting back. but i did not have a significant gain, but a gain none the less, and that is a first since starting in september. so a little eyeopening. however, it did show me that i can allow the odd exceptions without gaining wieght back overnite. which makes the diet a bit easier, having been on for a period of time now.

Ogdog, i totally get how you are doing the diet. it has crossed my mind to do that more than once. in fact i posted about it a while back. had i not had such a wreckless month, i would likely be doing the same right now. but i totally wasted a month, no wieght loss, whatsoever, small gain. so now i need to see some progress before moving to the next chapter in the diet.

by the way, do you know where torchlaker is? i have not seen her post for awhile?

take care
Old 01-27-2010, 10:46 AM   #8  

Torchlaker is good...hopefully she'll be on here again soon! LOL, she is eating more of an Alternative Phase I/Phase 2 approach too. She is enjoying ice cream bars if I remember correctly.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:49 AM   #9  

Default Torchlaker this is for you!!

Loose skin when losing weight:

InstructionsThings You'll Need:
Time
Will power
Perserverance

Step 1
Think of how long it took your body to reach your highest weight. It didn't happen overnight, so you can't really expect your skin to become taut in such a short space of time.

Many surgeons recommend waiting two years from the day you reach your weight loss target before even considering surgery. This allows you to exhaust all options available naturally before entering into a costly and potential dangerous operation.

Step 2
Nourish your skin and encourage it's elasticity. Exfoliate your skin daily to encourage removal of dead skin cells. Doing this each day will stimulate your skin's circulation which should help in tightening skin up.

Step 3
Treat yourself to a hot hour-long bath once or twice a week. While the bath is being drawn, add 1/2lb of pure sea salt to the water and allow it to dissolve. Besides relaxing your body and muscles, it will draw toxins out of your skin and will improve your overall skin tone.

Step 4
Determine what your body fat percentage is. It's impossible to differentiate loose skin from body fat without this figure. Many gyms are able to assess your body for this.

Step 5
While you may have reached your goal weight, it's possible that your body fat percentage is still high. In order to reduce this, you should strive to change your body's composition by reducing fat and replacing it with muscle. If you haven't done so already, speak to a gym or a personal trainer to work on an exercise plan which will help you achieve this.

Step 6
Aloe vera extract, soy protein and yeast extract can improve your skin's elasticity by increasing your body's production of elastin and collagen. It not only tightens your skin but your skin's natural defenses as well.

Step 7
Eating raw food such as cucumber, tomato, olives and coconut can mark an improvement in your skin's elasticity.

Step 8
Hyaluronic Acid is naturally found in our body's tissues. It depletes over time, so it's worth supplementing your diet with some. It is critical for muscle growth, so if you're replacing pounds of fat with muscle, it's definitely worth taking. Smokers tend to be lacking this nutrient. It needs magnesium to synthesize, so ensure you're taking magnesium daily to reap its benefits.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:55 AM   #10  
THINGS HAPPEN 4 A REASON

S/C/G: 233/149./140 START IP 10/24/09

Height: 5' 2.5"

Default Phase 2

Below is a copy paste from Dr. Tiens book. I was told that you transition to Phase 2 when you are at 80% of your goal.

Phase II = 1st Intermediate Phase

The second phase lasts between one and two weeks.
a) Morning:

- Coffee or tea.
- 1 packet or 1 measure of protein.
b) Noon:

- Raw or cooked green vegetables.
- 5 oz. lean meat or poultry.
- OR 5 to 6 oz. lean fish. You may have fattier meat or fish 3 to 4 times a week.
- 2 tablespoons oil for flavor.
c) Late-afternoon snack:

- 1 packet or 1 measure of protein.
d) Evening:

Dinner is exactly the same as lunch: 5 oz. lean meat or poultry with green vegetables.

You may have 1 to 2 dairy products per day, such as plain yogurt or 2% cottage cheese.

Comments: The second phase closely resembles the first phase, as your diet still excludes carbohydrates and ketosis continues.

I now tend to shorten this phase to less than one week so that the first phase can be extended as long as possible and protein packets are used for a late-afternoon or evening snack.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:05 AM   #11  

DOH, why didn't I think to look there?! Thanks Princass!!
Old 01-27-2010, 11:19 AM   #12  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdog13 View Post
When does one go on Phase 2? How close to your goal do you get and how long are you on it?
The Matol info says at 80% of your weightloss goal.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:42 AM   #13  
THINGS HAPPEN 4 A REASON

S/C/G: 233/149./140 START IP 10/24/09

Height: 5' 2.5"

I need some opinions/suggestions/thoughts/

I'm kind of freaking out. To update my FitDay sometimes I will use the Nutritional Info off of the actual IP website http://www.idealprotein.com/ipcl_cae...o=152&c=3&p=15 And today I just noticed a discrepancy on the Wild-berry Yogurt. The 1st thing I notice from the actual box to the website was the carbs. The box says 5 carbs and the website says 14 Thats a huge difference. So I started to look further into it and realize the actual ingredient are different too! I am really upset. I don't know how to take it. Do you think I should call IP?
Old 01-27-2010, 11:49 AM   #14  
Start Date: 11/30/2009

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by echobaby View Post
The Matol info says at 80% of your weightloss goal.
IP used to say until 80% of weightloss, but they changed it to 90%... probably because people were complaining about losing slower on Phase II. :-)
Old 01-27-2010, 11:52 AM   #15  
Start Date: 11/30/2009

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRINCASS View Post
I need some opinions/suggestions/thoughts/

I'm kind of freaking out. To update my FitDay sometimes I will use the Nutritional Info off of the actual IP website http://www.idealprotein.com/ipcl_cae...o=152&c=3&p=15 And today I just noticed a discrepancy on the Wild-berry Yogurt. The 1st thing I notice from the actual box to the website was the carbs. The box says 5 carbs and the website says 14 Thats a huge difference. So I started to look further into it and realize the actual ingredient are different too! I am really upset. I don't know how to take it. Do you think I should call IP?
Huh, I don't remember what the box said for the wildberry yogurt, but I remember seeing on the website that it had 14 g of carbs. I didn't like it too terribly much, so I just didn't order any more.
Closed Thread