Old 01-27-2010, 01:02 AM   #1  
Out is Through

Default Contemplating when I'm supposed to be sleeping :P

'Ello Chickadees :]

Just a quick question before I get back to my late-night TLC programming I know our weight changes throughout the day, given our food/water intake and just the whole flow of things, but how much has your scale gone up in one day from your morning reading? I weighed in this morning at 275.2, and I just weighed myself and it read 282.2! Seven pounds?! I've heard of 2..maybe five but seven? Yikes!

Just a random thought, I'm not obsessing or anything but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced something this "drastic" (for lack of a better word )

Commercials over!
-Stephy
Creeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 01:46 AM   #2  
Reluctant Adult

Hi, Stephy,

Oh, all the time. I regularly fluctuate as much as 7 lbs. in a day. I'm not sure it's usual, but there are some of us who just do that... I put my faith in the general downward trend of the scale, and try to not worry about those leviathan swings!!

Take care, Rae
raebeaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

I've gone up as much as 10, to be honest. If I had a large meal, too much salt or a long-work out, I'll go up a fair amount. I wouldn't freak out because of it; obviously, you can't really gain 10lbs in a single day
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:14 AM   #4  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

I've gone up as much as 7, and I freaked out too, but two days later I was at the low end again. Do you weigh daily? If you do you can see a general downward trend. Don't worry and keep on doing what you are doing.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:36 AM   #5  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

I've definitely fluctuated at least 7 pounds in one day. I wish I'd have known that was possible a few years back so I wouldn't have freaked out and given up so many times.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 305/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Wild weight fluctuations - you betcha! Women's bodies are wondrous things not to be measured by scales, but isn't it fun (?) watching those digits roam! I know that when my weight is doing that (and I don't even have periods any more) that the next nadir for me will be the lowest number so I just blow off the top ones to retention of body fluids and, umm, errr, other things.
Sskar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:36 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 286/ticker/180

Height: 5'6

Okay my weight does the same. At first I was majorly freaking out. I mean it doesn't seem normal to put on around 10 pounds during the day! I find that when I weight myself in the morning I'm back to where I was the previous morning, sometimes with a loss. The pounds I gained throughout the day are gone. I don't think it's anything to worry about! Just stay positive because it generally happens to us all!
xMeaganx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:16 AM   #8  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'3.5''

Your fluctuations are totally normal. I think that general trending is probably the way to go if you like to weigh often. There are just too many variables ...hourly, daily, monthly, water, muscle, illness, high humidity, medications,...Did I miss any ? oh yes, Carbs, Chinese take-out, pizza....
marigrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:41 AM   #9  
Losing weight since 2009

S/C/G: 310/138/132

Height: 5'7

I usually fluctuate up to 5 lbs, although I have had up to 10lbs in a single day. Thankfully it's usually all gone in the morning, but it is kinda freaky seeing that huge increase.
Gracie789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:42 AM   #10  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I fluctuate 2-5 lbs, but wouldn't worry about more. It amuses me, actually. Your weight includes the weight of the food you haven't yet digested, the weight of the water you've consumed and the weight of the water your muscles are retaining. In the morning, we're basically dehydrated.

Last edited by Eliana; 01-27-2010 at 09:43 AM.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote