General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/202/145

Height: 5'5

Default Breakfast ideas

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!

I've been going to the gym for three months now and last week I decided to get a trainer... It's a big difference from when I was on my own and now that I have a trainer. My biggest issue right now is the alck of breakfast. I have never been a person who eats breakfast and well that needs to change...

I'm a college student so when I wake up to go class in the morning I don't have much time to make anything and I'm still living with my parents.

Can any of you give me some simple and quick breakfast ideas?

Thanks!!
wonderwoman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:50 AM   #2  

I make a big frittata with 6 eggs and a cup of egg whites and load it up with vegetables and some lowfat mozzarella. Then I eat a slice of it every day as soon as I get to work. On those days that I don't have that, I eat a banana with a glass of 1% milk. It keeps me from being ravenous at lunch.
bachelorette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:16 AM   #3  

Height: 5'3"

Boil some eggs and keep them in the fridge. Grab one or two eggs in the morning and a peice of fruit and along with some milk or yogurt or cheese you have a protein packed portable breakfast. A few nuts are good to add to this too.

I do this frequently and even eat on the bus on my way to classes. (I am in college at age 48)

Last edited by canadianwoman; 01-26-2010 at 04:18 AM.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:02 PM   #4  

Height: 5'4

Unlike everyone else that has responded, I have ALWAYS been a b-fast person. Ever since I was little, I loved big b-fasts all the time. But since I started this new diet, I've cut down on b-fast a lot. I thought I was gonna die, but I've actually been satisfied. I started preparing my b-fast and lunch before I go to bed so I can get an extra 15 min of sleep in :-p
I've been having fat free either plain or vanilla yogurt with fresh fruit and a few nuts in it. Sometimes I put apples, walnuts, and a little bit of cinnamon (this ones my favorite, just like apple pie mmmm mmm) Sometimes bananas, strawberries and walnuts. Blueberries and raspberries. You get the idea. But, it actually is really filling and I like to always have just a few nuts for some crunch and I think it helps with the fullness. Just throw it all in a little Tupperware container the night before and then grab it when you leave. You can eat it on your way or in class.
I want some fruit and yogurt now that I'm talking about it
Red Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:05 PM   #5  

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bachelorette View Post
I make a big frittata with 6 eggs and a cup of egg whites and load it up with vegetables and some lowfat mozzarella. Then I eat a slice of it every day as soon as I get to work. On those days that I don't have that, I eat a banana with a glass of 1% milk. It keeps me from being ravenous at lunch.
I also do something like this, but I make it in a cupcake pan. First line the cup with some thawed out frozen hash brown potatoes (the ones that are not cooked--only 70 cals and no fat per cup!) Then fill with your egg/veggie mixture and pop in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Then you have little egg cupcakes for the go!
Red Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:10 PM   #6  
CD3

S/C/G: 223/211/150

Height: 5'3"

I found a recipe on this site for Overnight Oats that is really good! It's simple and you make it the night before so it's a grab and go b-fast if you don't have time to sit and eat. 1/2 C oatmeal - 1/2 C nonfat milk - 1/4 C nonfat yogurt or greek yogurt - mix it all together and put it in the fridge. I've tried it with different fruit, raisins, nuts - whatever you like. I also add a little cinnamon and vanilla. If you like it a bit sweeter you can add honey or a little splenda.
CD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:57 PM   #7  
... fabulous!

Protein shake and apple. Fill container with water, scoop protein mix in, grab knife, cut apple, put apple in paper towel, throw knife in dish sink... run out the door! I eat the apple and drink the protein drink on my way to class.

I use Optimum Nurition's whey mix in natural chocolate... 130cals, 24g protein
ACivE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 05:57 PM   #8  
On my way to a size 10!

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Now, I know this will seem like a lot of work, but I swear it is super fast if you do prep work on the weekends (or off days).
buy a pkg of 20 calorie turkey bacon (yes, you have to kinda search for it) and cook the whole pack. it keeps well in a plastic container.
get a package of mushrooms (i get them pre-sliced) and saute them in a skillet with 2 tbsp of olive oil, some ms. dash and maybe a tsp or two of water...keep in a storage container
large thing of eggs, 2% milk cheese (i prefer pepperjack) slices, thomas whole wheat muffins.

in the am - pop your muffin in the toaster.
get out the one cup dry measure cup & spray with EVOO. crumble 2 slices of bacon in the cup, add mushrooms (or don't) and 2 - 3 egg whites (scrambled - you can scramble it in the measuring cup if you want - or buy egg beaters egg whites). put this in the microwave for 45 seconds - check & cook at 20 sec intervals until done.
remove from the microwave & top the bottom of the muffin with the mixture, add the cheese, top the muffin - there you go. wrap it up to go if you want or eat it right then.

or

4 egg whites & 1 egg scrambled with fresh baby spinach (about 3 handfuls) topped with low fat cheese & salsa. yummy! you can wrap it in a tortilla if you can afford the calories.
SamanthaJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 05:57 PM   #9  
On my way to a size 10!

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Also - Lean Body for Her is a good replacement shake.
I like to add ice & fresh fruit to mine.
SamanthaJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:37 AM   #10  

I like to put some kind of veggie (broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, spinach and mushrooms etc...) in cupcake tins. I then put egg beaters or egg whites over the veggies and bake them for about 20 minutes. Two little muffin omelets become my breakfast and the rest I put in the fridge to heat up the next few days. These are great because they are nutritious, filling and you can change it up just by what veggies you include. After the initial cooking they only take about 45 secs to 1 minute in the microwave to reheat.

I also make steel cut oats in the crock pot and package the servings individually. I pull out a serving and eat it on mornings I want more grains.

On days when I oversleep or can't cook a breakfast I love Luna Bars. I have one of those and am good until my mid-morning snack.

Last edited by DianaG; 01-27-2010 at 11:38 AM.
DianaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:18 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 200/?/155 High:254

Height: 5'5"

my favorite go-to breakfast is raw oats with almond milk, some chopped nuts and fruit (usually berries or banana or dried cranberries). It takes 30 seconds to put together!

If you don't like raw oats then you could use instant oatmeal which cooks in just a couple of minutes.

If you don't even have time to sit down and eat then one of my favorites is a breakfast wrap. I make a batch of scrambled eggs (I use 7 egg whites and 3 egg yolks per batch) and cook it up with lots of veggies. Then I spoon my mix into 3 or 4 tortilla wraps top it with a slice of fat free Kraft cheese slice, wrap them up in plastic wrap and then stick them in the fridge. In the mornings I grab one, stick it in the microwave and there I have a nice hot, portable breakfast! There are lots of brands of low calorie tortillas or low carb tortillas or pretty much whatever variety you want. A lot of them taste like crap though in my opinion. I use Mexican Ole brand Extreme Wellness wraps, they are truly yummy!

Last edited by Bombe; 01-27-2010 at 06:19 PM.
Bombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:50 PM   #12  

Great ideas, thanks for sharing ladies!
Deana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:50 PM   #13  

and gentleman lol
Deana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 12:12 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 170/150/145

Height: 5'9

I usually don't eat breakfast also. A habit I've been trying to break. So for the past few weeks before work I just grab a piece of fruit, usually a bananna or apple. I'm not really hungry in the morning but fruit seems to be really easy to eat and I always feel better knowing I ate something
fitnessfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:33 PM   #15  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

I actually don't do breakfast foods most mornings. For me it's either a Lean Pocket of cold cuts and a string cheese.

Breakfast doesn't have to be breakfast foods. I find for myself it's a lot easier to eat something that's not breakfasty in the morning. It goes down better and I have energy for a lot longer.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote