Old 01-26-2010, 09:03 AM   #1  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

Talking Update from India :)

Hello and from India!

I've been here for a week and a half now, and it's been AMAZING.... of course! The way of life... the things I've seen and places I've been.... absolutely incredible and eye opening.

Unfortunately, I didn't make my going to India goal of 189 before I left.... when I weighed last I was 191.8. Ah well. So close, but no cigar. But honestly? After 48lbs lost in 8 months? Who's complaining???

For all intents and purposes, I'm proud to say that I haven't gained anything despite the fact that its INCREDIBLY hard to really measure or judge whats in a lot of things. I don't even keep a food journal here (god, what's the point??) but I DO make it a point to make healthy choices when I can. If I can find a salad (easier said than done, believe it or not!), I'll go with that.... when I can get any kind of fresh fruits and veggies I snatch that opportunity! And, if I can believe the cheap travel scale I got and compared to my perfect digi one at home before I left... I have pretty much stayed in my weight range and if it's REALLY right... I've lost a couple. But I won't hold my breath that it's THAT dead on.

However, despite the fact that I really do try to find stuff that is on the fresher, simpler side... it's not that easy. So, of course, I'm by FAR not eating what I was used to eating (lots of veggies, fruits, lean proteins, simple carbs) and it's amazing to me how bloated and sluggish I feel some days even though I KNOW I haven't really gone crazy in the calorie department. I know it's just that I'm not getting all the good nutrients and whatnot that I'm used to and it amazes me that I actually lived worse than this my whole life! If it was anything other than my vacation... I'd hate being this sleepy all the time (it could be the heat too... it's 85+ here during the day and this is as cold as it gets!!!).

Not to mention I know I'm definitely not getting as much water as I used to.... I really need to work on getting back to my 8 to 10 a day again.

But..... still..... for all intents and purposes.... I'm pretty darned proud of myself. I've done a lot better than I would have thought in some ways.... I haven't gone all out and let myself go. I've found ways to make good choices (I almost crapped myself yesterday when my Indian boyfriend decided to get a salad with MAYO on it... *headdesk*... needless to say I got a different salad) when I can and I'm gonna stick to it!

And, actually, it should be easier now that we're back at his place for the remainder of the vacation because now we can cook at home and not be at the mercy of restaurants like we were all last week. We went grocery shopping yesterday and I've been cooking and preparing our food since and it feels soooo much better! In fact, even though we were out eating all week... when I made healthy food choices.... he made healthy food choices as well and he's already telling me how much better he feels energy and health wise! Which makes me really happy as well!

So anyways... just thought I'd update everyone... especially to let you guys know I'm still around... but just kinda busy! Miss everyone and my time on 3FC.... but never fear... I shall be back!

Last edited by starfishkitty; 01-26-2010 at 09:06 AM.
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Sounds like an incredible experience!!! Take my advice and savor the experience to the fullest, make the best choices you can, and appreciate the fact that you are getting to do something amazing!!!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:30 AM   #3  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

How nice of you to take time from your vacation to update us all. Sounds like you are having an incredible experience and really enjoying yourself, which is what it's all about. Good for you for making the healthiest choices possible!

Enjoy the rest of your vacation!
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Sounds like a wonderful trip. You are doing well. Have fun and carry on.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:41 AM   #5  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

Its great you are doing so well with food on vacation! Hopefully you can post some pics of India, I'd love to see them
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:08 AM   #6  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

You made it to India! You are t3h awesome
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:42 AM   #7  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

wow, really exciting. I'm so impressed with how you were able to handle all the food issues in such a different environment. good to hear from you, keep us posted. you're kicking bootay, I'll just add.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:46 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5" and 48 years old

Good for you! I'm so excited for you, it must be the most amazing trip of a lifetime! I've always dreamed of going to India one day! Oh, I hope you might find time to post a little about the wonderful things you are seeing, what you are learning about the culture, etc. I'll bet there are a lot of us that are hoping that!
HealthierLori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:33 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

thanks for the update, sounds like you are doing pretty well for being on vacation and outside your customary resources.

hope the rest of the trip is fabulous!!
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:04 PM   #10  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

I would love the opportunity to go to a real grocery store in a country like India. There are probably so many foods I haven't tried that could be awesome.

I am so glad to hear that you are having fun and staying on track. I can imagine how hard it was in restaurants. Food journal - yellow stuff with red things, green stuff with yellow things...lol! I am also cracking up that you brought your scale with you. Too cute!

Have a great time and thanks for the update!
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:22 PM   #11  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

Sorry it took so long to respond everyone... not only has it been a hectic trip (though a wonderful one - especially spending time with my boyfriend finally after all this waiting and wondering how he'd take my new body)..... but on top of it I've officially been sick as HECK for the past 5 days.

I guess they call it "Delhi Belly".... basically you just get sick from the environment you're not used to, as well as bacteria in foods you're not used to as well. Though I've been careful not to drink anything but bottled water, and try to eat at decent establishments when we're not cooking at home..... I still got it. It's been kinda... well REALLY horrible..... between the stomach bloating and cramping, nausea, off and on bathroom emergencies (to put it delicately lol), dehydration..... ugh.

I'm pretty sure (though I try not to go by what my cheap travel scale says - basically I have it just to make sure I'm not gaining mass amounts of weight) that I've lost a few pounds because of this... but not in the good way. Since losing these few pounds while being sick, I've really started to notice the loose skin around my breasts and legs and am hoping its just because of the illness. I was really, REALLY hoping to get through the weight loss with the least amount of loose skin possible. *sigh* I guess that's a lot to ask for, seeing as I've been heavy the majority of my life and am not exactly THAT young (27).... but still. We do have really good skin in my family, so I know I'm luckier than most.

Let's just hope its the dehydration and illness showing right now.....

The amazing thing is my boyfriend is STILL loving my body... loose skin and all! Men are strange, strange creatures.....

Last edited by starfishkitty; 02-04-2010 at 09:28 PM.
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote