Old 01-25-2010, 05:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/160/135

Height: 5' 1"

Default Hello! Newbie (somewhat) here!

Hello All:

I posted my introduction yesterday and just learned that there is a 50+ group, so thought I would stop in and say hello again! Looking forward to learning more about everyone! Here's what I posted yesterday:
Hello! I'm 51 and fat! Seriously, I'm 5'1" and weigh 170. I am starting to feel the effects of too much weight on my small frame and it's time to take action. I have an underactive thyroid (on meds) and I'm also going through menopause. Yikes!

I tried South Beach several years ago and was really successful. I never had a weight problem until I was in my 40's - in fact, I was always that super thin person who could eat whatever I wanted without any repercussions. Now, my life is drastically different. As I said, last time I went on South Beach, I lost just over 25 pounds. I looked and felt great and following the plan, kept the weight off for about two years. Fast forward five years and I've fallen into bad habits, My boyfriend is a junk food junkie, insists on meat and potatoes for every meal, and likes snacking late at night. All things that I know are big no-no's, but I did it anyway. Now, most of my clothes don't fit and I find myself buying things that are big and bulky to hide the fat. Who am I?

So, around the holidays, I knew it was time for a drastic change, but doing it over the holidays was not possible. Plus, we had a vacation planned for January 15, so I decided to "live it up" until after vacation and well, here I am.

I've been following Phase I of South Beach for almost a week. So far, so good. I intend to lose 35 pounds to get myself back to where I was. My boyfriend doesn't like that I'm not cooking the types of foods I usually do, but I told him he will just have to live with it. Since we don't live together, he can eat at home.

I've read some of the inspiring posts on this board, and I'm hoping to accomplish what others have. Please bear with me, as I know it's going to be tough, but I know I can do it!
tinkin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:42 PM   #2  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hello Tinkin3, welcome to the 50+ forum and to 3FC. You might want to join one of our very active forums. I would recommend "Golden Girls" or "Quilters, Crafters..." Both of these have posts everyday and I'm sure you'll fit right in.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Tinkin3

WELCOME! Please join in any conversation - we're all really friendly.

Lynn
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:44 PM   #4  
GmaTo8

tinkin3, to our little corner of 3FC. Just jump in where you feel comfortable, and we look forward to knowing more about you. Good job for sticking to your guns and cooking healthily despite your sweetie's protests! You can do it, and your journey will be easier with the support, encouragement, and friendship you will find here.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote