Old 01-25-2010, 03:44 PM   #1  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Default What is your food item?

What is it you know you absolutely have to stay away from or have as a treat every blue moon in order to accomplish your goal?

For me it's potato chips. I can't eat any kind of chip because I haven't learned to control my eating of them. I'm the Lay's poster child. I can't eat just one or I will eat bags. I will incorporate them after six months of maintaining my goal because I have a window I have to stay within before crisis.

Last edited by jigglefree; 01-25-2010 at 03:44 PM.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Mine is fast food. Namely mexican (anything from Del Taco/Taco Bell to an authentic place... Alberto's, etc). I can't have it... I don't think I ever will be able to have it. It's like once I eat that one order of french fries, I have to have more, or some good nachos... I just keep craving and craving them. So it's better for me not to start.
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:59 PM   #3  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

For me it would be to have cake or cookies in the house. Now the funny thing is I am on the cookie diet...but those aren't cookies There is no way I could make a batch of cookies or bake a cake and have it here and say I'll only eat a piece or a cookie. NOPE! I know myself well enuf that those things gotta stay away from this house!!
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Mine is chocolate. I can enjoy just a little bit, but then I want it all the time for days after. If I stay away from it I don't miss it as much
trishn222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

I can't have Snackwells Devils Food Cookies in the house because once I eat one, I have to eat the whole box. Most other things I can do a serving on (we've had a box of swiss cake rolls in the house since New Year's and I have had one. One cake, not one pack). The Snackwells aren't even my favorite or anything, but they cause me to compulsively eat.
rachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:13 PM   #6  
Jolly rancherette

S/C/G: 286/275/262 = 43.5/41.8/39.5

Height: 5'8''

I find bread really hard to stay away from - white, brown, sliced, tin, doesn't matter what kind. I don't know what it is, I have one slice and just want to keep going. I started keeping it in the freezer so I won't be tempted to pick at it

[And I just remembered there's a loaf in the bread bin and I'm going to have to go and put it in the freezer because now I really, really want some!]
Bellsybells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:22 PM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I have a long, long, LONG list of foods that I RARELY eat and when I do eat them, I have them under very controlled settings. I had (still have though it's LOTS better) a hard time stopping to eat certain foods once I started (this chickie does not do moderation well). If I was ever going to get rid of the weight, I knew I needed to come up with a solution. And I did. DON'T START. Problem solved. I finally realized that I valued my longevity of life and my QUALITY of life too much to keep on eating those foods that did me in every time. I tried doing them in moderation and every time it led to disaster. They were no longer worth it for me.

A few things on my list of once in a while foods in controlled settings:

ice cream
cakes
cookies
heck all baked goods - ESPECIALLY HOME baked ones.
many breads
rice
pasta
pizza
chocolate
candy
crackers
most cereals

I'm sure there's others and the list may seem long to some, but I focus on the much longer, healthier and more delicious list of foods that I can and do eat "safely". The ones that have freed me up to live my best possible life. I am truly grateful for them.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:26 PM   #8  
Loser :-)

S/C/G: 273/251/175

Height: 5ft8

Jelly Bellies. Oreos. Banana Muffins. Fast food, namely the dreaded McD's fries. Chips. Beer. Chocolate chips. Pizza.
Michelle98272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:29 PM   #9  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

For me it's a whole category: greasy, salty foods. Fries, chips, cheeseburgers, pizza, onion rings, toast with salty butter, movie popcorn, crackers with cheese, most nuts, mashes potatoes.... The list is virtually endless! It all just calls to me. But it's become pretty routine for me to avoid them. And on the super rare instance when I do have them, it's a bite or a small amount, not the amount I wish I could eat. Yesterday I went to the movies with a friend and instead of getting a bag of popcorn, we got one of those kids snack boxes that has a little popcorn and a little pack of fruit snacks. Then we split it. It was all I could do not to grab the box and eat all the popcorn myself , but it was fine and I enjoyed the heck out of it.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:40 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 264/260.5/150

Height: 5'6"

For me, it's mostly chocolate. But my other downfall is a bag of chips, box of crackers, anything you can just take with you to sit down and eat. I have learned to put the correct serving in a bowl, because if I don't, before I know it, half the box/bag/etc will be gone.
ToriLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:43 PM   #11  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLCSC145 View Post
For me it's a whole category: greasy, salty foods. Fries, chips, cheeseburgers, pizza, onion rings, toast with salty butter, movie popcorn, crackers with cheese, most nuts, mashes potatoes.... The list is virtually endless! It all just calls to me. But it's become pretty routine for me to avoid them. And on the super rare instance when I do have them, it's a bite or a small amount, not the amount I wish I could eat. Yesterday I went to the movies with a friend and instead of getting a bag of popcorn, we got one of those kids snack boxes that has a little popcorn and a little pack of fruit snacks. Then we split it. It was all I could do not to grab the box and eat all the popcorn myself , but it was fine and I enjoyed the heck out of it.
And because if this you're down 120 lbs. A HUNDRED AND TWENTY POUNDS!!!

Sorry, I just get excited some times at what these changes bring about.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:58 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 184/150/130

Height: 5'2

My weakness Is Chips and Salsa. It's something I have once every two weeks if I go for a walk every day.

I can only eat a cup of salsa and three servings of chips.

It's not like you can only eat one chip with salsa on it.

Everything else I just ate gum to avoid eating.
totsandfries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:59 PM   #13  
Cyberpunk

S/C/G: 230/215/100

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLCSC145 View Post
For me it's a whole category: greasy, salty foods.
This. This is my weakness! Keep it away! -Throws arms up & runs in the other direction-
Technosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 05:00 PM   #14  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I just plain like food LOL but if i had to pick something to stay away from entirely, i guess ice cream! I thought it was chocolate, but after you get over the hump of wanting it so desperately, it passes. I know this because I have 3 count 'em, THREE, of the giant Toblerone bars in my house and one is even open LOL doesn't bother me any more yay!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 05:03 PM   #15  

Height: 5'1''

Peanut butter crispys from Kwik Trip... I try and stay away from Kwik Trip for that reason, they are always next to the check out and i can't resist buying one. Funny i just saw this thread because I just finished eating one !!! AHHHHHH, I have had it in my drawer at work for over a week now and could not resist any longer...

And I always do this to myself once I lose weight, I get to a new low and its like it freaks me out and i sabatoge myself!!

But I know I will be back on track... so its ok to have a treat now and then.
club is offline   Reply With Quote