Old 01-24-2010, 01:38 PM   #1  

Height: 5'2"

Default Lack of "acheivement prizes" at your meetings?

Wasn't sure what to call the little prizes you get for reaching certain goals? I am talking about things like the bookmark and the keyring.

When I went to my second meeting, they were out of the bookmarks. And last week three people reached the 10lb goal and they were told that WW hadn't gotten any of the keyrings for quite a while . Then the leader went on to say that the charms were in short supply.

Anyone else noticing this at their meetings?

Marie
tiniree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 01:51 PM   #2  
Started IP 9-2-12

S/C/G: 224/221.8/199 first goal

Height: 5'3"

nope havent noticed it yet but let me tell ya when i meet my 10% i better get my damn keychain because if not im going to be majorly pissed off!! but i go to my meet ing tomorrow i will let ya know if she gives anything out...
dixonschubbymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 03:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 251/see ticker/175

Height: 5'11"

I thought that you get your first "real" prize when you reach 10% loss. I have lost 15 lbs and gotten 3-5lb stars. A lady in my group reached 10% this week and received something...I couldn't see what...
Summer2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 03:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/129

Height: 5'4"

That stinks! Our leader always forgets things, so we have to wait to get our awards, bookmarks, (even our weekly newsletters!).

I, too, thought that the 10% award was the keyring (and then the charms get added on later).

Have you contacted WW central to inquire?
SissieSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:28 PM   #5  

Maybe you are right about the 10% for the keyring. But like the last post, our leader also seems to "forget" things.

Marie
Old 01-25-2010, 08:08 AM   #6  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Default ;p

That sucks! I like a leader who is on top of things, so I probably would have switched meetings (even locations if it came to that). They have those little prizes for a reason: an extra encouragement boost!

Well, congrats on your losses, , you guys are doing great!
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 10:59 PM   #7  

Default UPDATE: Different Leader: What a difference!

I wanted to give an update to my situation about being somewhat unhappy with one of the meeting leaders. Mainly her lack of enthusiasm.

I've attended 5 meetings. I have gone on a Wednesday morning, two Thursday evenings and now two Saturday morning meetings. The difference between the leaders & how they conduct the meetings is varied. I would encourage any new member, if possible, to try different days/times to get a feel for how each leader conducts their meetings. Also, I have found there to be a difference in the overall group of members.

The Thursday evening leader was very "to the point" and direct . Likewise, the members who attended had the same personalities. Most had come right from work and seemed somewhat tired and just wanted "to get on with it".

The Wednesday morning leader was a "morning person", very chipper and upbeat. The members also seemed to be "morning people". Not a good fit for someone who needs at least an hour of quiet before tackling the day!

The Saturday mid-morning meeting has become my Weight Watchers home base . The meeting starts at 10:30, so I still feel like I can sleep in. Plus, it gives me enough "wake up" time to feel on board with the world. The leader makes the group IMO. She is just enthusiastic enough to rev everyone up and keep the motivation high, without sounding like a perky preschool teacher! She gives extra time for everyone who would like to, to share their achievements and stories, without being rushed.

She also had all the "goodies" on hand for those achievements: ie: the bravo stickers, the 5lb stickers, the 10lb lost ribbons, etc... She even showed everyone the keychains and charms we can expect!

I guess the bottom line is this: If you aren't happy with your WW home base, try and find the one that fits you!

Marie