Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 01-22-2010, 06:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Down another size!

I haven't been able to wear normal jeans (without an elastic waist) in a long time. If I bought jeans to fit my hips, the waist was almost always WAY too big. Since I wore a 34/36 when I started, I almost always had to buy from a catalog and so elastic waists were usually the safer bet.

A few months ago I was so excited to be able to buy off-the-rack. I found a pair of jeans that fit at Fashin Bug (Lane Bryant also carries the same brand and size, but charges more for them. The size was probably equivalent to a 32, I'm guessing (Right Fit size 8 blue).

Then, around Thanksgiving I bought a really nice pair of size 30 jeans at Goodwill for only a few dollars (they looked like they'd never been worn). I bought them against my better judgement, because they didn't fit - I couldn't get them zipped. The only reason I did buy them is that they fit well enough that I could tell that they'd fit perfectly if I lost just a little bit of weight.

In general, I only buy clothing that fits when I buy it. In the past, when I've bought clothing a full size smaller than I wear as an "incentive" when I got small enough for the outfit to fit - it didn't fit well or wasn't flattering. Or, I'd forget about it in my closet, and by the time I tried it on, it was already too big.

Today my Right Fit jeans were in the washing machine, and hubby and I were going to run errands, so I tried my size 30 jeans - and they FIT!!!!

I was really surprised. I had noticed that my Right Fit jeans were starting to feel a bit loose, but I thought maybe the spandex in the fabric was just stretching out a bit. But, with the smaller jeans fitting, I can tell that it's actually me that's shrinking, not the jeans stretching.

I was pretty excited.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

YAY! I have been noticing that you weight has begun to drop again. That is fantastic. Congratulations! Every gal loves smaller jeans! YAHOO!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/129

Height: 5'4"

::applause::

What a great mini-victory/goal :-)

I had a similar experience today when I was able to comfortably wear a pair of jeans from a time when I weighed less. It's the little things like this that keep us motivated, isn't it?
SissieSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:36 PM   #4  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Fantastic, Kaplods!!! And 80 pounds! You're just doing wonderfully.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

I'm so happy for you!!!!
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:44 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 215/207.2/126

Height: 5'4.5

Congratulations! You're an inspiration to me.
squishysquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:47 PM   #7  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Height: 5'6

omg congratulations kaplods thats great !!! i can imagine how you feel !!! keep up the good work its soooo paying off !
CHUNKEY_MUNKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 203/193/155

Height: 5'2"

<wild applause>

That's FANTASTIC!!
thundahthighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:49 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 251/see ticker/175

Height: 5'11"

You guys are awesome. I love this forum. Let's keep the motivation going, shall we?
Summer2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:05 PM   #10  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Sometimes I think it's tempting to only really think about big victories, so it's easy to get discouraged if you're not looking for the small stuff.

For example, I'm really looking forward to the next two pounds. What's so special about 82 lbs - it will mark passing the 1/3 mark.

Prior to this attempt, the most weight I've ever lost in a single attempt was 70 lbs, (and that was with prescription amphetemine diet pills).

This is by far, the longest time I've ever gone without backsliding to heavier than the starting point. I've had minor regains, but they've mostly been normal fluctuations and/or yoyoing around a weight, not true backsliding.

It's funny though that most of my life I would define losing this slow as failure - and used it as an excuse to give up (and regain).

This laid-back, no-pressure even lazy approach, has really been the key for me. It's funny that I found success in a place I never even thought to look in the past, because I was taught it was such an unhealthy place. Not only in the type of diet (low carb), but also in method. Slow changes and small modest goals just didn't jive with the way I was taught to diet, where intense willpower and determination was "the only way to succeed."

There really are many paths to success.

Last edited by kaplods; 01-22-2010 at 09:06 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:48 PM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Kaplods, You are such an inspiration and so incredibly sane about it all
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:24 AM   #12  
Weigh Down Yonder

YAY! Those are the kind of things that really make your day! You sound like me, thinking the fabric stretched rather than you lost enough for the jeans to fit!
Well, enjoy this victory as you near that 1/3 mark - you have done so remarkably well thus far with no signs of stopping - and along the way, you have been so helpful and supportive to everyone here. I look forward to hearing of your continued success as well as reading your thoughtful input throughout the site!

All the best,
Lee
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 08:03 AM   #13  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Kaplods, those jeans did not stretch! You are smaller! Congrats!
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 08:16 AM   #14  

Congrats!!!!!!! Nothing like a smaller size in jeans to really make you realize you are losing!
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 08:22 AM   #15  
Loving Life!

S/C/G: 230/220/120

Height: 5'0"

Congratulations, that's awesome!
MakingSkinny is offline   Reply With Quote