Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2003, 04:17 PM   #1  

Default Starting over

Well, it is 3 days into the new year, and while I am, for some reason, very scared about starting this journey again, I have done great for the past 2 days, and so far today as well.
I started this journey in January of 2000, at 251 lbs. Over the next year I lost 41 lbs, and plateaued at 210. No matter what I tried I could not start losing again. Of course I was not really willing to take a close look at how I was eating, so I think that was my problem. Anyway, I slowly started gaining again, until January of 2002, when I weighed in at 232 lbs. I couldn't believe it! Then I got pregnant. And now weighing in at 272 lbs, I have a beautiful 11 week old daughter, and a big weight problem.
I have so many reasons to want to lose this weight, and no reason at all to keep it on! So, why is it still so scary to start over? Either way, I am doing it. I am still nursing a couple of times a day, so I know I need to eat enough to compensate for that, so I am starting on 2000 calories a day. I am going to do a combination of the Foodmover, the new Readers Digest Change One plan, and calorie counting. For me it is all about protion control, and all of these plans help to keep my portions in line. I am also trying to start exercising again, although that has been tough, I am still sore from having my baby, and tired because she doesn't sleep through the night, plus with all this extra weight I am hurting in lots of new places, knees, hips, back, even my shins hurt sometimes. But I know that it will all get better if I can lose the weight, and to lose the weight I have to exercise. So my goal for now is 20 min a day of exercise, and alternating days of arm weights, ab work and leg work. I have exercised the last 3 days, so it's a good start. Anyway, that's my story, I will try to post regularly, to keep me honest, and hopefully help others on this list.

It's good to be back!
Nicole
272/272/160
Old 01-06-2003, 10:26 AM   #2  

Welcome back Nicole! I posted before to you and I think I lose it somewhere. Anyways...I am so glad to see you back! If you read Coming Clean: My Story, it would almost seem like you wrote it yourself, minus the baby. How is Motherhood going for you? How is Kaitlynn?

Were all here for you...please post often.

Old 01-06-2003, 05:42 PM   #3  

Thanks for the welcome Jennifer!
I love being a mom. It's lots of work, but I really do enjoy it. I'm going to have to find a job soon, and I am dreading it. I have been trying to find something I can do from home, but all I seem to be able to find is things like envelope stuffing, which they just did an expose on last night, since most of them are frauds. So I don't know what I'm going to do, the thought of leaving her just kills me. Another great stress, which I have to NOT eat for!

Anyway, I am certain that this time we can both do it! This will be the last time we ever have to fight the weight battle!

Thanks again for the welcome
Nicole
272/270/160
Closed Thread