Old 01-22-2010, 10:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Talking Up at 5:20 am for water aerobics!

It's just too crowded at the 11am class and to be frank the old timers just resent the New Years influx of first timers so they complain alot about losing 'their' spots. I get their frustration--most of the newbies will be long gone in a month or so but I'm NOT going to be one of them!!!!

Sooooooo, I sucked it up and went to the 6 am class. OMG!!!!! It wasn't even half the number of people. They were so much friendlier too! There was alot of room to move around! Same instructor and boy does she work us hard

I think this 6am class is a keeper! However, I need to figure out how to wake up to the alarm without waking the hubby. Maybe I'll sleep in the guest room (neither of us like that idea) ... or maybe I could sleep with the cell phone on vibrate under my pillow......hmmmm....any ideas anyone?

Hooray for me!
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

I go to a 630 am class - after the first few times I found myself tuned into being alert and ready to go before the alarm. Now I go early and do laps before class.

Good for you! I love having the workout out of the way early in the day.
gggirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:00 AM   #3  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

I wouldn't suggest the phone under your pillow, what happens if you move around and the phone falls on the floor and doesn't wake you up? =/

Maybe you should ask him to go to the class with you? Once it was over he could shower at the gym and go to work from there...and it'd be some nice time you'd get to spend together, while doing something healthy! =D
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

LOL! Love your suggestion but he is never going to do that--I have asked him multiple times in the past to walk with me, etc and he ALWAYS politely declines. To his credit, he is very physically fit and active. I'm afraid he'd be like that guy in the commercial and lose his pants! LOL!

Yeah, I could see that happening with the phone. Who knows, maybe in time I would wake up on my own or maybe he'll just get used to it and fall back asleep.
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:23 AM   #5  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

That sounds so refreshing to me! I am such a morning person, though 5:30 is pushing even my comfort zone.

I don't know. I'm always an earlier riser than DH but he just goes back to sleep. He's never complained.

I suppose you could put the vibrating phone inside your pillow case so there is far less of a chance for you to knock it off.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:41 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

That's a tough one! I'd be miserable if I needed to get up early and couldn't do it without making someone else miserable. And I'd be miserable if I needed to sleep in the morning and had to be interrupted by an alarm clock every dang day. But fortunately not everyone is as cranky about their sleep as I am!
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:46 AM   #7  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

My friend who is deaf has this alarm watch contraption that vibrates way stronger than a cell phone does. I'm not sure where you get such things, but if necessary you could look into things like that. I just don't have it in me to get up that early to go workout. Hubby and I stay up too late for me to do that. I wish I could because I'd like to do the water aerobics class my gym offers at 7:00, but because of things I'd have to do at home before leaving that would mean I had to get up at 5-5:30 and I rarely get to bed before 11. It's hard for me to get him to go to bed earlier and I don't like to go to bed without him.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote