Old 01-22-2010, 07:52 AM   #1  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Default Well shoot...now what to have for breakfast?

We rotate on payday Fridays as to who at work brings breakfast. Usually there's something healthy and something crappy. This morning's options...ahem:

Donuts
coffee cake
COOKIES (yes, cookies??)

Um...I didn't bring anything but my snack (apple, homemade almond butter) and my lunch (1/2 cup of stew). I think if I eat just the coffee cake it will send my blood sugar into a spiral. Hmmmm...better to skip it altogether until my snack?

Oh wait! (Thinking as I type) I have a protein bar in my bag! Yeah for planning ahead for just-in-case two months ago when I started this! I was trying to get away from protein bars (processed crap) but hey...I think this morning is an exception.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:11 AM   #2  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

I would certainly take a protein bar over coffee cake. And maybe start bringing my own breakfast, if it wouldn't cause too many waves with the coworkers.

My coworkers would all die if I tried to feed them what I eat for breakfast, so thankfully we don't ever do potluck. One of them eats frosted oatmeal cookies for breakfast every day. EVERY day! He's naturally skinny. I sort of hate him.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:35 AM   #3  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

We do the same thing and today it was my turn. I just put it out and am waiting to hear feedback on my healthy breakfast. Hehe. Usually I eat on my own Friday and then if someone brings in some fruit or something healthy, I will squirrel some away and eat it for lunch. I have been dissapointed with donuts too many times.

I brought a fruit salad, whole wheat english muffins and an egg white veggie casserole.

I dont' know if this would work for you, but this time, eat what you brought for lunch for breakfast and then can you swing by a grocery store at lunch and get some fruit and soup or something healthy you like? I know it's an added expense, but it might keep you on track??
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:36 AM   #4  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

ACK! I couldn't get past the 1/2 cup of stew for lunch LOL that's not enough for a toddler!!! lol
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:59 AM   #5  
Restart Date: 10/25/2009

S/C/G: 215/160/115 HW: 235

A protien bar definately sounds like they best choice. It might be worth bringing your own breakfast just in case from now on, unless it is your turn.
lovemyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:49 AM   #6  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Ah, the lunch for breakfast is not a bad idea. I should have done that. But I did the protein bar instead. Yummy chocolate covered cardboard.

Yeah, the 1/2 cup of stew is lite. LOL! It's 200 calories. I eat six mini-meals a day and try to stay around 200 calories.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:36 AM   #7  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

Speaking of bars to keep for emergencies, does anyone know of bars named "Kind"? I found them at Fred Meyer. The're nuts and fruit, usually, about four different varieties without any additives or the usual gunk. I started keeping them for my emergency stash.

Good job on the breakfast! We have occasional potlucks at my office and they make me want to cry.
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote