Old 01-21-2010, 09:56 AM   #1  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default 3 weeks.

So I started (restarted) committing to exercise on Jan 4th of this year. Since then I have been journaling my food, staying in my calorie allowance, and exercising almost everyday.

It has now been three weeks, and in that three weeks I have lost a total of .......

0 pounds!

What is happening here?!? I need some motivation to keep me on track. This wouldn't be so bad, but I am still stuck in my size 18 jeans. I could trade lack of scale movement for my box of size 16 pants in the attic, but they wont fit me yet. I just want to scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:02 AM   #2  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Just want to give you a

You may have been doing everything perfectly and your body is just being stubborn. If that is the case, I bet you get a big whoosh!

However, I am wondering if you are getting more calories than you realize. How many calories are you allowing yourself a day? Do you weigh and measure all of your food? I find that I just can't eye portion sizes. I have to weigh and measure everything!

Hang in there!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:08 AM   #3  
Ready for Change

S/C/G: 216.6 / 208.2 / 116

Height: 5'1

You may want to tinker with your calories. I was having issues for a week or so - staying within my cal range, exercising, and yet nothing was coming off. The past few days I've eaten 200 above my cal range, and now the scale is coming down. Some people have to lower their cals, some have to increase. Everyone is different and just fiddle with it until you find what works for YOU.
SNMomof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:57 AM   #4  
Cute and fun to be with

I do weight and measure my foods. I know I have been eating high on sodium cause I have been eating soup for lunches recently and just noticed how much salt I was getting.
I have also been eating low on my range, 1200 - 1400 and I know I loose best around 1500, but it is really hard to hit that number. I tend to err low, so I don't go over.
Mostly I need to vent, and I know I will find people who understand around here. Thanks for the support.
Hopefully next week I will have better news. I have a fancy dress party this weekend and I would like to wear my little black dress.
I then have another one (different guests) in about a month. I will see a difference in fit between those two parties.

Until then, I'll just keep working my behind off....
Old 01-21-2010, 11:21 AM   #5  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

Stick with it! Try cutting out the sodium for a few days and see if that helps. Maybe opt for some salad instead of soup... or try a low-sodium variety of soup instead.
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi there - just keep it going and you will eventually drop some weight.
For me, I usually have a nice weight loss every 3rd week then tiny bits, if anything, in between. Also, when I have too much soup, the scale does not budge. I retain lots of water from the sodium & I love soup especially at lunch.

Good luck!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:33 AM   #7  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Yuck. I'm sorry. It sounds like your body is trying to stabilize itself. Your 24 lb loss looks pretty close to a 10% loss and I've read in many, many places that our bodies stall out at about 10%. I've read that the thing to do is to increase the calories in order to maintain that weight for 6 months. Then try again. I was thinking if that happens to me, I'll try to maintain for a month and then give it another go.

Last edited by Eliana; 01-21-2010 at 11:34 AM.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:32 PM   #8  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

Keep strong, it will happen! You know you are doing the right thing, trust that over the scale because the scale will lie to you!

Trust yourself and the good things you are doing. Eventually, the scale will move.
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:39 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

I had some very slow going and then a plateau once I started working out, and it lasted for about a month. Keep going, your body will adjust and start showing the results soon!
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:56 AM   #10  
Cute and fun to be with

Yeah, I have been maintaining my 25-ish pound loss since last spring. I was in the mid 220's all last summer and fall but over the holidays I started creeping back up. That's what caused the renewed interest in exercise and journaling.
I know I will eventually see the loss. i have been doing a lot of exercise, more than usual when I am in exercise mode and harder at that.
I just need to be patient.
I need to remember that over the spring, summer and fall, I was slowly loosing, like 1 pound a month, and I was happy with that cause I was maintaining and slowly succeeding. When I started going up, I suddenly felt like I was failing and that was the motivation I needed.

Now I just need to wait for all my hard work to pay off. It will, I am sure of it.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:48 PM   #11  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

I'm in the same boat.....I am doing well with calories, but the weight is not really budging! In fact, it keeps going up! I know it is water, because I can feel how swollen I am. (Salt is NOT my friend!)

We have to keep with it and stay committed. It WILL come off--science says so!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:57 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Argh! I hate it when I stall!!! Salt is not my friend either, so I'm also going to recommend that you watch your salt intake. I bet you get a big wooosh in the next week or two. Also, it will help get that sodium out of your system if you drink lots of water!

Best of luck.
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote