Old 01-21-2010, 04:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/242.1/175

Height: 5'3"

Default Warning: Disgusting rash under stomach fat roll - yuck!

I haven't posted in a long while, and now I can't run away anymore and I have come back here for help and advice. This morning I found a disgusting, red, rash-type thing under a stomach fat roll. Yuck!! How embarassing and disgusting. I don't know if I'd call it a rash or a sore or really I guess it's a chafing rash from the fat roll that hangs over my stomach. Yuck! How did I allow this to happen?

So first off, has this happened to any of you? I'm going to the doctor tomorrow, and meanwhile I put on neosporin and covered it with gauze. What will the doctor say? Other than emabarass me and tell me to lose weight? Any words of wisdom?Support? I'm so disgusted.
avi0903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 05:02 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I've had a similar thing. It is kind of like a diaper rash and similar products will help take care of it. when you shower, dry off real well and use something like baby powder to prevent chafing.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 05:09 PM   #3  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

It's yeast. hands down. Wash up really well with Head and shoulders shampoo, blow dry under your tummy and use a diaper rash cream that contains Zinc. That should take care of it.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 05:13 PM   #4  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

It may also be a yeast infection. These things happen. I get it in my belly button and under the boobies - ouch! Wash a few times a day, antibacterial soap will help. Make sure you get really dry after washing. Put some cream on it - diaper rash cream, anti-fungal, yeast infection cream, tea tree oil. There's no way of knowing which one of those is most likely to help you without a trip to the doc. I was embarrassed too and didn't want to go to the doc, so I just tried different ones until one worked. For me it was tinactin anti-fungal cream that worked to clear it up, but the tea tree oil helped make it feel better.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 05:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

you can also try Lotrimin Antifungal powder spray. It's got the same active ingredient as stuff like monistat, for treating yeast infections youknowwhere.

I had to use it when I was pregnant and had this issue. It can sting a little bit when you first spray it on, but does help to fix the problem.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 05:22 PM   #6  

I have this under my boobs every summer. It is hot where I work and I sweat alot. It is a yeast infection caused by the area staying damp. I think it is fairly common. My doctor gave me a cream. It cleared right up. Now when I first feel it coming I start using the cream and it never gets bad.
2FatGranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:03 PM   #7  
Ready for Change

S/C/G: 216.6 / 208.2 / 116

Height: 5'1

It can be yeast or staph... both have different antibiotic ointments to treat it with. Yeast can be treated with nystatin, staph with bactrim.
SNMomof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:16 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 215/207.2/126

Height: 5'4.5

I'll be a doctor in a few months, so I've seen what you have in the hospital and in clinic. It is a yeast infection caused by Candida, the same yeast responsible for diaper rash. It is normal skin flora, but it grows out of control in cool, moist, places. The best way to treat this is to keep it dry. There are antifungal powders that you can use that will both kill the overgrowth and keep your skin dry. Sometimes the skin becomes excoriated, and so bacteria such as staph or strep can start growing there, so it's best to treat it early and as soon as possible. For those of you that get the same rash under your breast (I have this problem), keep it dry. Towel it off after showers, workouts, and anything that gets you moist. Also, your doctor would recommend that you not wear your bra as much as you can because bras can trap moisture under your breast.
squishysquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:00 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/165

i get that sometimes in the summer .. my friends and i call it chub rub lol .. like all the previous posts have suggested keep the area as dry as possible .. when working out i would put powder there .. my grandma always has sworn by using corn starch and it really helps .. odd but works good luck!!
haleysmommy5402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:07 PM   #10  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

my doctor gave me a scrip for some sort of powder for yeast infection. It worked quick and great!
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:22 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 256/242.1/175

Thank you all! One more question: After you put on the antifungal, do you cover it with gauze or keep it open?

I've decided to look at this embarassment (I am sure my doctor will nice, but stern) as a message to stop hurting myself and get on with getting healthy.

I stopped coming here because I wasn't making any progress, and I saw everyone's ticker moving down but mine. Well, time to stop wallowing and get moving with it.

Thank you all!!!!
avi0903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:25 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Here is the best product you will ever use to PREVENT chafing (thus preventing infections): Monistat Soothing Care---chafing relief powder-gel.

Dry area prone to chafing/infection well (hair dryer is excellent for this) and apply gel. Dries immediately and will protect area for a good 24 hours, sometimes longer. Can be used under belly, inner thighs, under breasts, etc-- any area that is prone to trapping moisture.

While this will NOT clear up an infection it will keep prone areas dry and comfortable! Oh, so comfortable.....ask me how I know
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:43 PM   #13  
Loser :-)

S/C/G: 273/251/175

Height: 5ft8

I agree it sounds like yeast. I get this from time to time in my belly button, under boobs, divot where my tailbone is, under back boobs, too. For my under tummy roll, when I get a rash like that I make sure I dry really well after a shower (blow dryer on cool helps) then Lotrimin cream, then I take an two foot long roll of toilet paper and fold it in half the long way and then in half from top to bottom (hard to explain, what you end up with is a foot long dealio of tp that is about 3 inches wide LOL) I tuck that under my belly (GROSS to be explaining this) and change it 3-4 times a day, putting more lotrimin lotion on before bed. The TP absorbs the moisture from the sweat and seems to keep me dryer.

One of the "oh so lovely" details about being big. Not that I can give actual medical advice but if you have to pay a co-pay, I'd try the self care tips at home and if that doesn't help then see the Dr. y
Michelle98272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:17 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 256/253/199

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfmama View Post
It's yeast. hands down. Wash up really well with Head and shoulders shampoo, blow dry under your tummy and use a diaper rash cream that contains Zinc. That should take care of it.

Yep, yeast.

I got one after my c-section, my doctor told me to just use an over the counter "yeast cream" (like monistat)...
SugarJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:20 PM   #15  

Lotrimin works great....but don't cover it! It needs air! keep it dry as much as possible too!
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote