Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2003, 09:10 PM   #1  

Default Thank you and a question ....

Thank you so much for the warm welcome.

I have a question for anybody who cares to answer. Do you have a difficult time sticking to your eating plan on the weekends?

I work full time outside the home and do ok M-F ... but Sat and Sun are just really difficult.

Yesterday we had stormy weather which is also an eating trigger for me ... you gotta stay home all day so you might as well cook something that takes forever and do a little baking while you're at it, right? I managed to do ok and NOT spend my day in the kitchen, but today I was really fighting the 'nibblies" ... plus I have PMS which doesn't help --- :blush:

Thanks,
Steph

Last edited by Step; 01-05-2003 at 09:12 PM.
Old 01-05-2003, 09:23 PM   #2  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Today was not my best day.. around 4:30 I somehow lost control. Don't know why.. still working on that.

What I do try on the days I'm stuck inside is I try to somehow change my habits.... ie. instead of watching tv or being on the computer I do scrapbooking, clean the closet - I find it's not so much wanting to eat because I'm hungry but more out of habit. This afternoon I just had to get out the house (and yes, the weather here was nasty) I took a one mile walk in the snow - ended up sort of peacefull.

So in answer to your question - remember it's a lifestyle change - don't just change your diet - but your lifestyle.

Hope this helps!

Dana
Old 01-05-2003, 09:44 PM   #3  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Weeknights are the hardest for me. Soooo much easier to just stop for something on the way home. (Taco Tuesday, anyone?)

Mornings are only bad if I have no backup plan. I like to keep meatless breakfast patties & Kashi Blueberry waffles @ work. That way I know I've got something yummy waiting for me, no need to stop @ the Hardee's.

I guess the thing for me is planning ahead, so there's little to no time for cheating. And even if I have opportunity to "cheat", I've been choosing salads, grilled chicken, fruit & yogurt parfaits, etc. I even tried BK's Veggie Burger. Too much onion, not enough mustard.

For the "nibblies", I recommend popcorn, baby carrots, a cut up apple, or pretzels, etc to keep your mouth busy. Good luck!
Old 01-06-2003, 09:54 AM   #4  

I can follow my plan perfectly like an angel, Monday through Friday. I can lose up to 5 lbs. But then..as soon as the weekend comes, I can gain those 5 lbs back. Seriously. I am still trying to find out what I can do to stay on track. I guess the key is to keep very busy.

I love the weekends..but I need the structure of the work week to keep me on track.

Old 01-06-2003, 10:26 AM   #5  

Weekends are very hard for me... or, heck, anytime I'm home alone without much to do. It's the sitting around, being bored, watching TV that gets me into trouble. Those are the times I eat, eat, eat.

I definitely need to work on keeping busy.
Old 01-06-2003, 12:13 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

yep, i have trouble with weekends.. and winter break from school is like one looooooong weekend. i thought i did ok over this last weekend, but i'm still at the same spot (2 pounds up). ARGH.

school starts today. i think being busy, keeping moving, and all that will help me lose. and stay OP, as long as i don't stress-eat. ok, off to breakfast. special K!! i love that cereal.
Old 01-06-2003, 05:46 PM   #7  

I can follow my plan great during the week, and even on the weekend, if my DH is not home. He is so supportuve of me, but for some reason when he is home, I feel like I can have free range on the kitchen. Maybe I'm a social eater?!?!?!

Nicole
272/270/160
Old 01-06-2003, 05:49 PM   #8  

that's kinda weird. i do BETTER when he's home. even though i'm doing it for myself, i can feel him watching me when i choose what to eat. so it's when david isn't home that the snacking begins.
Old 01-06-2003, 06:15 PM   #9  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Holly...

You can tell by all your messages (and picture too!)that you are so in love - it's just too darn cute.

Signed,
an old marriage woman... LOL
Old 01-07-2003, 02:18 PM   #10  

[blush]

guess i'm pretty transparent. but you guys gush about your dh's!!!
Closed Thread