Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2003, 09:50 AM   #1  
Hang In There

Default Update on Ole Alvin...

I've been reading everyones post, but haven't had much to add. Alvin is doing great, now he's lost almost 200 pounds and is able to eat almost anything he want. I still worry that he eats too much. He really eats a lot more that most of you say you eat, but what ever he's doing I guess as long as he feels good, is still loosing, and keeps up his exercise, I shouldn't nag.

He has started taking about his experiences now, for a long time he wouldn't. But his main thing is that this is a drastic final choice, and anyone that can exercise shouldn't consider WLS. (that's his polite way of saying "Me, Barb...g") He is comming from the social/emotional aspect of his experience. Food was always such a BIG social part of our life that he doesn't handle social occasions well. Maybe this will get better as he gets farther and farther out post surgery, but who knows.

Anyway he is working with a personal trainer 3 days a week and feeling better than he's felt in years and years. He has started having a regular life again. He even went to Home Depot the other day!!! He bought a new sweater the othe day in a size 3X that's quite a comedown from the sixe 7 or 8x he was wearing pre-op.

Well I've rambled enought. Congratulations to all of you who are waiting, and keep up the good work to all of you who are post op. May 2003 be a healthy year.
Old 01-01-2003, 10:28 AM   #2  
she who must be obeyed

Barb, so glad to hear ole Alvin is doing so well!! I look forward to meeting both of you in Jersey!!

I did not have the amount of weight to lose that Alvin did, but my 120 pound drop has made all the difference in the world to me. I know Alvin feels he has been given a new lease on life, Jiff you to and ME too!!!

How much more does Alvin wish to lose? My goal is to shed the final 50 and go from there.

Thanks for the update
Debbie
Old 01-01-2003, 10:35 AM   #3  
Old Cackler

barb... i just LOVE these updates.. and your life has certainly changed along with ole alvin's... after all, you now have your husband backl and now that he can go off to home depot all by himslef, does that mean that MR FIXIT is in the house???? congratulations!!1

I'm working on the last 70. and barb, from your posts, it seems as though you aren't any slouch on the exercise front... and believe it or not, the more a person loses, the more comfortable exercise is. look at alvin!!! Did you EVER think you'd see the day that he'd enjoy exercising??????

happy and healthy 2003.. and it'll be great to meet you two in joisy...
Old 01-01-2003, 01:41 PM   #4  

Glad to hear from you! I was wondering where you went. I'm glad all is going well .
Old 01-04-2003, 12:34 PM   #5  

Hey Barb!

Glad to hear that ole Alvin is doing well! I understand the social aspect of eating/not eating. Most of the times, when I am op going out to eat makes me nuts and I break into a sweat, so I can sort of stretch my imagination to what it is like or maybe WILL be like for me if I ever get to the post op point. I guess it gets easier .....at least I am hoping so!

looking forward to may!

peach
Old 01-04-2003, 04:58 PM   #6  
Old Cackler

peachie, honey. let me tell you a little secret. you've seen it in action, but i'm not sure it's registered...

I CAN EAT ANYTHING I WANT!!!!! as long as it's protein first. you've seen me eat rice, pasta, cream sauces, butter, bread, cheese, meat, fish, dessert. vegs, salad, bleu cheese dressing, fruit. all in teeny tiny amounts, except for the protein, but you haven't heard me count a single calorie or fat gram or carb gram or obsess about the food...

IT IS EASIER!!!!

ok ok ok. so i've been knitting to stay out of the bread basket. but that's not so bad, especially since i've actually eaten some of the bread!!!
Old 01-06-2003, 08:15 AM   #7  

Thanks for the update Barb. I am glad that Alvin is doing so well.
Closed Thread